UCLA: Toughest RS game of yr? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UCLA: Toughest RS game of yr?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The number thrown around was 5000 miles---3000 to San Fran---another 1000 to Honolulu and another 1000 to Midway.
Since I never walked it or even rode my bicycle to either place --I'm guessing from my water rides to either place.

Actually Storrs, CT to Honolulu, HI as the really really really well conditioned UCONN crow flies or more likely as the commercial non-stop plane flies is 5,028 miles. It is 5,003 miles to Larry Ellison's very own Hawaiian Island, Lanai. You take very fast ships!

Reaction Score
Actually Storrs, CT to Honolulu, HI as the really really really well conditioned UCONN crow flies or more likely as the commercial non-stop plane flies is 5,028 miles. It is 5,003 miles to Larry Ellison's very own Hawaiian Island, Lanai. You take very fast ships!
The fastest the Navy had, at the time, they were called air e o planes.

Reaction Score
Yes, probably the toughest game of the regular season under the circumstances. But that doesn't change my prediction of an undefeated season. :cool:
I’m not sure the RS qualification is necessary. Between it being a west coast away game plus injuries I’m expecting it will be tougher than F4 games. You never know but that would be my expectation.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I think people are overly concerned about the time difference. It's a 10:30 game for them. I used to have rec games at 11 and then people still had the energy to drink until 2 and make it to 8 am class the next day :) . I'm sure they are resting throughout the day and will be more than capable of a 3 hour time difference. Man I miss college energy...
So did you drink the beer from the Land of Sky Blue Waters?

Reaction Score
...Now I think SC & TX are going to have great noisy crowds, and ND has a bunch of new faces which could make them trickier to prepare for, but I can envision this being a tough one.
I think SC, TX and ND >> UCLA. One of the other BY'ers (coach_xx_ I forget) is correct in their analysis. Even if Canada and Billings each go for 20-22 pts there isn't enough scoring from their other players to make up enough to out score Uconn.

The only disadvantage for the Huskies is that the starting 5 has not perfected their chemistry. But everyone is so talented that a hurt NaPheesa and a KLS in a walking boot will not be enough to stop the Huskies.

To be honest, after 111 game winning streak I no longer care about wins or losses in the regular season. I just need the team to be healthy and clicking for tourney time so that we can bring home another trophy and hoist another banner.

At this point a 30-5 season with a National Championship is >>> undefeated regular season.

Reaction Score
So did you drink the beer from the Land of Sky Blue Waters?

I don't think they sold it in CT when I was in school. Or I was just completely ignorant that they did. It was always keystone light or busch light. Soon as I get a man cave I will be getting one of their bar lights though :)

Reaction Score
Yeah, you're thinking if off by a mile. I too am very impressed with Dangerfield's vast improvement, but she isn't better than Canada at this point. And, she won't be better than Canada even if she has (hopefully) a better game tomorrow night.
Yeah, really?
I guess you must be very disappointed by the great performance of Dangerfield.
No need to ask you but I will ask the people "like" your post, why Dangerfield she isn't better than Canada at this point, and why Dangerfield won't be better than Canada even if she has (hopefully) a better game last night?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting.... I don't know nothing about this study, I can only speak from personal experience. In my 30 year career in the military I made cross country plane trips for short term business purposes on a number of occasions. My body was ALWAYS more rested the morning after the East to West flight than after the West to East flight... never slept through the alarm in the morning on the East to West trip , but DID so on the West to East... No scientific study, just personal experience.
and the purpose of my post was to try to talk some of our BY'rs off the ledge as they were coming up with reasons why we would be in trouble vs UCLA.

Now that we have the benefit of your study, I guess we should say... "We're Doomed!!!"..... oh wait, the Huskies Won that game...in pretty dominating fashion, now didn't they?? :cool::rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Have to agree with PAHuskeyFan. Traveled a lot on business through the years to Europe & the West Coast. It was always easier heading west IMHO.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Interesting.... I don't know nothing about this study, I can only speak from personal experience. In my 30 year career in the military I made cross country plane trips for short term business purposes on a number of occasions. My body was ALWAYS more rested the morning after the East to West flight than after the West to East flight... never slept through the alarm in the morning on the East to West trip , but DID so on the West to East... No scientific study, just personal experience.
and the purpose of my post was to try to talk some of our BY'rs off the ledge as they were coming up with reasons why we would be in trouble vs UCLA.

Now that we have the benefit of your study, I guess we should say... "We're Doomed!!!"..... oh wait, the Huskies Won that game...in pretty dominating fashion, now didn't they?? :cool::rolleyes:

Not my study, of course, and I don't even know if it was peer reviewed. Just passing on the info. Obviously, the outcome of this one game has no bearing on the validity of the study any more than a single abnormally cold day disproves the statistical trend toward a warming earth. I could say the the final spread would have been 35 without the effects of the travel. Conversely, even if you assume the study is completely valid and its conclusions are statistically correct, your experiences are not invalidated in any way. So...

upload_2017-11-22_16-21-52.png

Reaction Score
Yeah, really?
I guess you must be very disappointed by the great performance of Dangerfield.
No need to ask you but I will ask the people "like" your post, why Dangerfield she isn't better than Canada at this point, and why Dangerfield won't be better than Canada even if she has (hopefully) a better game last night?

Dangerfield hardly had a great performance, in fact she and Canada played about the same. A slight nod would go to Dangerfield, but playing on the No. #1 team in the country surrounded by teammates each being a legitimate "star" (if not an All American) is much easier than trying to lead a team like UCLA. Regardless of their so-called high ranking nationally before the game, the comparison between them is light-years.

[mod edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Without a doubt this is the toughest RS game of the year. No Lou, an away game and jet lag against a quick, athletic team with a great guard. Almost all the losses in the last seven years, except for Baylor, have been against guards that we couldn't defend - Diggins, McBride, Amber Orange, Lili Thompson and Morgan Wooten. I hate to say it but this game has all the ingredients for an upset.
Morgan William, aka Itty Bitty, is the PG for Mississippi State.

Morgan Wooten is the long-time DeMatha HS boy's coach and Hall of Famer. If you are confused, part of it is the name similarity and part of it is the fact that Crystal won the Morgan Wooten Award in high school. ;)

Morgan Tuck and Morgan Freeman are different people as well. ;)

Reaction Score
Morgan William, aka Itty Bitty, is the PG for Mississippi State.

Morgan Wooten is the long-time DeMatha HS boy's coach and Hall of Famer. If you are confused, part of it is the name similarity and part of it is the fact that Crystal won the Morgan Wooten Award in high school. ;)

Morgan Tuck and Morgan Freeman are different people as well.
;)
Have you ever seen Morgan Tuck and Morgan Freeman in the same room at the same time?? According to their ("so called") bios they are both 6'2". ?????????

Reaction Score
Besides being unduly fearful of the result of the UCLA game, I can think of no plausible excuse for mistaking Morgan Wooten for Morgan William. Good catch.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Have you ever seen Morgan Tuck and Morgan Freeman in the same room at the same time?? According to their ("so called") bios they are both 6'2". ?????????
Come to think of it, Morgan Freeman made lots of movies during Morgan Tuck’s rehab. Plus, both have calming demeanors. I’m starting to see a pattern.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom