OT: - UCLA narrowing in on Dixon and Cronin | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: UCLA narrowing in on Dixon and Cronin

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Cronin to UCLA will take...32 more twists and turns before we get there

Reaction Score
That is the equivalent of $4.4M with no income tax in Tennessee. Fulmer and UT would be crazy not to match or offer more. Just their ticket revenue from packing their arena pays for the salary boost. However, Knoxville vs LA is terms of lifestyle is a factor. Does Barnes want his last stop to be a resurrection of the UCLA program or does he want to spend the next 6+ years in Knoxville.

He is most certainly playing this to get a raise at UT. If he was that interested in the lifestyle he would have accepted already.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
How are the fans supposed to get excited about the 10th option? UCLA screwed this coaching search up pretty well.

They fired Alford in December....how did they not have their list done by now?

This feels so randomly thrown together.

Reaction Score
I’ll admit to being a more casual Bearcats fan when it comes to basketball, but I don’t think the fan base is really calling for his head or wishing for Cronin to leave. I have some pretty rabid UC fans as friends and family and haven’t really heard anyone talk about him this way. I think UC fans are content with him being at the top of the AAC and making the tournament every year.
Recent history with Cincinnati sports would suggest the Bearcats would tank if he left though lol. I fully expect the Bengals to be the bottom of the AFC North for awhile and the Reds have shown zero life so far this season. The Bearcats are really a bright spot. There only competing with the new MLS squad at this moment in time.

Reaction Score
Right now all they doin is gettin people raises & bickering over buyouts

Reaction Score
At this point i would seriously doubt Cronin would take the job unless they paid him stupid money. That A.D. has both feet out the door.

Reaction Score
This whole coaching search has been such fun, I hope it never ends.

I'm only half joking, they should call JC. Give him like a 4 year deal and see what he can do. Why not at this point?

Reaction Score
The great thing about it is they've had since December to work on it.

Reaction Score
I heard they were going after Bennett - I hope they can get him.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
let's say mick does end up getting the job and a few years from now is really successful and makes a big run in the tournament. no one is gonna remember this shat show of a hiring process. coaches got big egos and think they can be the one. here's to hoping.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom