UCLA Kentucky | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCLA Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Definitely get that more middling play will be bad for us, make it more difficult ... But I guess I'm saying I still have confidence in both our play and our recruiting.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Walker 11, exactly. Every year we are in this piece of crap conference will make it more difficult to return to the top. Our athletic department is slipping in oblivion. Why isn't anyone held accountable?

What would you have them do? Nuke a P5 school off the map and offer to take their place?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Kensucky is Kensucky and they will win with 5 of the top 7 guys playing for them for 1 year, every year.
UCLA is a very veteran team and they have gone through what UConn is currently going through.
I love college basketball and can watch it night and day.
I like the NBA but I can't watch that anywhere as much as I can college BB
Yeah I wish the Huskies were far better but I have faith that they will return to the top very soon.

Reaction Score
Its the hand we are dealt . Holding someone accountable might make you feel better but it will not change anything . To many bad things came in a cluster duck* quickly with conference realignment the final kick in the a**. I second what Mau and some have said that my interest and enthusiasm to watch college ball is draining with out our huskies in the hunt. Watching more movies and hockey .

Reaction Score

Not getting on national tv anymore is a killer as well.

Reaction Score
Its the hand we are dealt . Holding someone accountable might make you feel better but it will not change anything . To many bad things came in a cluster duck* quickly with conference realignment the final kick in the a**. I second what Mau and some have said that my interest and enthusiasm to watch college ball is draining with out our huskies in the hunt. Watching more movies and hockey .
Can't totally absolve the administration, the people at the top have made some piss poor decisions.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You wanna know what team seems to always have players, especially front court players consistently get better? Baylor. They seem to start off every season under-ranked and quickly win big games and move up into the top 10 and hold it well. Even underperforming in the tourney relative to seed but being a 3 seed seemingly almost every year isn't bad.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You wanna know what team seems to always have players, especially front court players consistently get better? Baylor. They seem to start off every season under-ranked and quickly win big games and move up into the top 10 and hold it well. Even underperforming in the tourney relative to seed but being a 3 seed seemingly almost every year isn't bad.

I genuinely think if you're a UConn fan pining away for Baylor's success, you need to re-evaluate.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I genuinely think if you're a UConn fan pining away for Baylor's success, you need to re-evaluate.
Get a grip dude. You have been calling me out this entire thread. I don't know who you think you are or what you think you have figured out. But me saying Baylor continues to surprise people every year with hard working players isn't me "pining for Baylors success".

Seriously, this season so far has been a feeding frenzy for the "fans" who are trying their absolute hardest to position themselves over others by just being oh so holy.

Reaction Score
Get a grip dude. You have been calling me out this entire thread. I don't know who you think you are or what you think you have figured out. But me saying Baylor continues to surprise people every year with hard working players isn't me "pining for Baylors success".

Seriously, this season so far has been a feeding frenzy for the "fans" who are trying their absolute hardest to position themselves over others by just being oh so holy.

Baylor has a player or 2 who are just what we thought Amida would be or close. Like watching them, they have some serious athleticism but must admit I can't stand Dana Altman and believe he's a Calipari Jr!!

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Baylor has a player or 2 who are just what we thought Amida would be or close. Like watching them, they have some serious athleticism but must admit I can't stand Dana Altman and believe he's a Calipari Jr!!
Altman definitely has that snake-oil salesman face and demeanor. They get solid guys on the recruiting trail but they aren't signing stars consistently by any means in respect to recruit rankings, yet they keep on winning big games, especially OOC.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else find very difficult to watch other games so far this year? I mean for the first time in a while I kind of know what this year will look like 7 games in and because of that I have less interest.

Watched a decent amount of this game but I think that was because UK was getting beat. But as far as tuning in on BU/NCState or Xavier/Baylor it's tough. Never like this ever before.
Yeah I hear you, and it doesn't help to watch UCLA with their big men so productive in all phases, with no stagnation. I start to drift off and think that they scored 97 against Kentucky, what would we score? I'm thinking 56.

Reaction Score
Similar neon-green uniforms, I'll give him a pass.

Oregon is also college hoops version of Last Chance U. Baylor hasn't exactly killed it on the recruiting scene recently after the Jones and Austin signings. Drew has done a good job developing guys like Motley and Prince last year and has brought in impact juco guys.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Oregon is also college hoops version of Last Chance U. Baylor hasn't exactly killed it on the recruiting scene recently after the Jones and Austin signings. Drew has done a good job developing guys like Motley and Prince last year and has brought in impact juco guys.

Bringing in Lecomte as a transfer was a very shrewd move too. Dude can ball.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Didn't we go hard after Dorsey? That kid can play too.

Reaction Score

Motley is excellent, I mean very seriously after year one for AB i thought with a better understanding of the game he could be a poor mans player like him he just seemed to have the skill set. Never got the game itself, but this kid does and he's damn good!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Dana Altman doesn't coach Baylor, that would be Scott Drew. Baylor is a cesspool with guys like Dave Bliss, Art Briles and Scott Drew.

I was wondering if I was losing it, but it basically confirmed what I thought in this thread.

And to BU re: me going after you somehow, I simply disagreed and thought some things were totally crazy, but I stated my point pretty reasonably.

Your sensitive response was so over dramatic to the tone of my posts, I simply disagreed vehemently but respectfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom