UCLA Kentucky | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCLA Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Ball is the best player on the floor. His handle and ability to control the pace and set up teammates is big time.

I said that in the general college hoops thread.

To my eyes, he's the best PG in the country right now, and off the top of my head he reminds me of Shabazz but with NBA size and athleticism.

He's a stud, maybe his dad wasn't crazy with that lil Joe Namath act in his interview.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
"UConn traditionally wins wth lower ranked players that they develop. They don't need any of those one and dones"

Reaction Score
Poor decision making by UCLA has kept UK in this, the game should be a blow out.

Reaction Score
I can't even bring myself to keep watching these great college teams, just makes me depressed and jealous.

UCLA has struggled for quite a few years.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I don't even know how you guys turned that game on in the first place. I love college hoops, on one condition, that UConn is competitive. If not I hate it and can't really bring myself to be engaged in any game featuring other teams.

Reaction Score
I can't even bring myself to keep watching these great college teams, just makes me depressed and jealous.

Well you wouldn't be missing many games. The product is still brutal outside of a couple teams.

Reaction Score
Well you wouldn't be missing many games. The product is still brutal outside of a couple teams.
UCLA has struggled for quite a few years.
they've had nba level talent pretty much continuously, even with their rough stretch. even if the product isn't good, seems like these teams have an abundance of players who we could use. Like our bigs don't look the same lol, aesthetically.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I would be horrified if I were Brimah and Facey and we were matched up with front courts like this. Seriously what would happen? Would they die?

Reaction Score
I don't even know how you guys turned that game on in the first place. I love college hoops, on one condition, that UConn is competitive. If not I hate it and can't really bring myself to be engaged in any game featuring other teams.

You either like college bball or don't.

There nothing like watching 2 great teams play college bball it just so happens it's better when one of those teams is UConn.

Reaction Score

There nothing like watching 2 great teams play college bball it just so happens it's better when one of those teams is UConn.
thats true. but when you have such a gap in talent between top 25 teams and uconns, its just a bit different. I enjoyed watching college the year we were banned even , mainly because i knew we had some real players who could compete against anybody.

BUConn10

Reaction Score

I'd rather watch the NBA then

Reaction Score
Facey's best game of his career came against Amile Jefferson and Jahlil Okafor two years ago.
True but one good game in 4 years isn't exactly something to brag about.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I love watching good college hoops. It's way better when UConn is good, but as I've said in other threads I'm not giving up on this season, next season, or our program's future right now, so it's not as though their struggles make them irrelevant, in my eyes.

In fact, UCLA should be a perfect example for people like @BUConn10 to keep faith -- they've had way more mediocre, middling seasons than us, with a richer history/tradition, AND those seasons have been with VERY talented mixes of players that, for whatever reason, couldn't get things clicking.

Sometimes 1-2 MORE players make all the difference. Sometimes another year of experience PLUS a special recruit or two that fit perfectly can change everything, in a span of 6-7 games.

Think of how easily some (many) went from high expectations to "the sky is falling." It only takes that many games the other way to make you think "we might win this year and keep freakin' winning."

I bet UCLA fans think that, after the last 3+ years of panic and disaster. Without a championship or two in between. How fans of our program can go beyond questioning and frustration to the point of "we're done as a program" is baffling to me, especially given not only current examples but OUR OWN history of things turning on a dime at an unexpected time.

Reaction Score
I would be horrified if I were Brimah and Facey and we were matched up with front courts like this. Seriously what would happen? Would they die?
No they won't die lol. Keel over and puke maybe . Just fun , loyal to the huskies , gotta love those guys .

Reaction Score
they've had nba level talent pretty much continuously, even with their rough stretch. even if the product isn't good, seems like these teams have an abundance of players who we could use. Like our bigs don't look the same lol, aesthetically.

They were so bad the fans wanted to hang the coach and be rid of him.

Reaction Score
Kentucky fans leaving in droves with :53 left on the clock down 8. Nice job!

Reaction Score
I bet UCLA fans think that, after the last 3+ years of panic and disaster. Without a championship or two in between. How fans of our program can go beyond questioning and frustration to the point of "we're done as a program" is baffling to me, especially given not only current examples but OUR OWN history of things turning on a dime at an unexpected time.

For me at least, the undercurrent of frustration has a lot to do with conference affiliation. Every year of middling performance will make it increasingly difficult to recruit.

Reaction Score
For me at least, the undercurrent of frustration has a lot to do with conference affiliation. Every year of middling performance will make it increasingly difficult to recruit.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else find very difficult to watch other games so far this year? I mean for the first time in a while I kind of know what this year will look like 7 games in and because of that I have less interest.

Watched a decent amount of this game but I think that was because UK was getting beat. But as far as tuning in on BU/NCState or Xavier/Baylor it's tough. Never like this ever before.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I love watching good college hoops. It's way better when UConn is good, but as I've said in other threads I'm not giving up on this season, next season, or our program's future right now, so it's not as though their struggles make them irrelevant, in my eyes.

In fact, UCLA should be a perfect example for people like @BUConn10 to keep faith -- they've had way more mediocre, middling seasons than us, with a richer history/tradition, AND those seasons have been with VERY talented mixes of players that, for whatever reason, couldn't get things clicking.

Sometimes 1-2 MORE players make all the difference. Sometimes another year of experience PLUS a special recruit or two that fit perfectly can change everything, in a span of 6-7 games.

Think of how easily some (many) went from high expectations to "the sky is falling." It only takes that many games the other way to make you think "we might win this year and keep freakin' winning."

UConn's problems go far beyond basketball, and that's what's worrying.

Reaction Score
Walker 11, exactly. Every year we are in this piece of crap conference will make it more difficult to return to the top. Our athletic department is slipping in oblivion. Why isn't anyone held accountable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom