UCLA Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UCLA Game Thread

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Stevens has got to make that basket. Reminds me of what Natalie used to do last year. Yes, Stevens is a considerable improvement.

Reaction Score
I didn't think that they called it particularly tight on either end. Neither team was on the free throw line much.
The calls are not consistent. Gabby drives and is fouled with the body -no call. She guards a driver with the same contact and she gets a call.
Calls against Uconn for reaching while Canada mugs Gabby for no call.

At least that's how I've seen them.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The calls are not consistent. Gabby drives and is fouled with the body -no call. She guards a driver with the same contact and she gets a call.
Calls against Uconn for reaching while Canada mugs Gabby for no call.

Agreed!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Tough game guys. Z her second silly foul has to sit. There goes our rim protector.

Reaction Score
Guys - who cares about the refs. UConn has to learn to play through that. Let's not be one of those boards that moans and groans about every call. This is a great early season test, refs and all.
Yes. This is true. It's all a part of the game.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Momentum of the game has changed. UCLA seems to be getting all the loose balls, foul calls etc. UConn 46 UCLA 38. Someone on UConn needs to be the leader on the court, to change the momentum back to UConn.

Reaction Score
*whispers* Azura Stevens game doesn't add up to more than the sum of her parts. Not a good feel for the game. Lots of "weak" or "easy" misses or plays left on the court. Loose with the ball, doesn't finish great around the rim, weird shot selection.

She's been a big problem in terms of chemistry. You can tell no one knows what to do with her yet.

Everyone else is highly efficient at their specialties. Azura is not particularly efficient at anything yet.

Will be interesting to watch, but for now its supremely annoying to watch.

Reaction Score
UCLA is a terrific club. When the fans yelled, bring on UConn, their team rose to the test. We may see them again in March. It could be epic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom