UCLA Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UCLA Game Thread

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
As active as Canada has been she's going to have to make some shots if UCLA is going to pull off the upset. She has 2 points on 1 -4 shooting. If UConn holds her to single digits scoring for the game, most likely UConn wins the game. Never like to give absolutes.

Just wish we knew which Kia Nurse we're going to see on the offensive end. She's so inconsistent between games. Kia 1st half 1-5 shooting with 0-4 from the 3 point line. Would love to see that we could expect to see 12 points with 40-50% shooting percentage each and every game.

Reaction Score
Well, I suspect all those who predicted a 20+ point win are getting ready to settle for a win by any score, huh? (like we all should against a top 10 team).

what a terrific game! what a way to kick-start a season for real. will be battle-tested for ND, TX, and SC. Win or lose (and they better win, because I have tickets for Geno's 1000th at Mohegan Sun), this is a great, great game.

Reaction Score
That 2nd quarter was rough until Megan bailed them out with those 3s.

This UCLA team is very dangerous IMHO.
I said this at the start of the season. UCLA - Canada/Billings is a nice 1-2 punch. They have a very good supporting cast.
We are unstoppable if we hit a few outside shots.

Reaction Score
Pheesa and Megan... they carried the 1st half. Looking for lots more from Kia, Gabby, Z in 2nd hslf.

Reaction Score
Megan- way to step up young lady...! Loved it

Phessa - yes, just like last year. And Crystal, solid contribution.

Gabby - 8 rebounds despite sitting so much in the 2nd.

I love this team.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Well, I suspect all those who predicted a 20+ point win are getting ready to settle for a win by any score, huh? (like we all should against a top 10 team).

what a terrific game! what a way to kick-start a season for real. will be battle-tested for ND, TX, and SC. Win or lose (and they better win, because I have tickets for Geno's 1000th at Mohegan Sun), this is a great, great game.
Well, if they continue this way they will win by 22!!

Reaction Score
As active as Canada has been she's going to have to make some shots if UCLA is going to pull off the upset. She has 2 points on 1 -4 shooting. If UConn holds her to single digits scoring for the game, most likely UConn wins the game. Never like to give absolutes.

We will win if the refs call a fair game. If you are calling it tight on our end you have to call it tight on their end.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Bags, I'm still holding out for a 20 pt win.......but I'll take a win, any win.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
We will win if the refs call a fair game. If you are calling it tight on our end you have to call it tight on their end.

I didn't think that they called it particularly tight on either end. Neither team was on the free throw line much.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
That's called playing the game on the other team's court. Stuff happens and you have to play through it.

I agree but some of those calls were pure BS!

Reaction Score
Z has been a help underneath both with ribbies and intimidation, but she hasn't produced the offensive fire power that we're still hoping for from her and that Lou would have given the team.

Reaction Score
They are not getting Azura the ball down low and she is not moving well when she is denied the ball.
If they connect a few times, we will pull away nicely.

Reaction Score
2 of the dumbest and laziest turnovers you will ever see from a UConn team right there,

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
How many passes has Jordin Canada disrupted on in bound plays or coming up behind a player to steal a ball. She's not scoring so far, but without her, UCLA is not in this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom