UCF's uniform adjustments | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCF's uniform adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No offense, but this thread sounds like a bunch of, um, mature men objecting to the way women are dressing. I’d hoped we’d moved beyond that. You may not have heard, but women get to dress the way that pleases themselves, not you, these days. Deal with it

#metoo
My wife, who went to high school with Geno, disagrees. Most Norristown women would not approve of the "dress."

Reaction Score
No offense, but this thread sounds like a bunch of, um, mature men objecting to the way women are dressing. I’d hoped we’d moved beyond that. You may not have heard, but women get to dress the way that pleases themselves, not you, these days. Deal with it

#metoo

I'm not objecting to how they dress. I applaud them for bringing levity to the contest, the diaper "look" is absolutely hilarious.

Like when a Victoria Secret model comes down the runway with a hat resembling a Pterodactyl on her head and everyone gasps, except for the front row fashionista's who stand and applaud loudly while looking disdainfully down at the riff-raff around them. That's really funny stuff!

Last edited:
Reaction Score

#metoo
Equally not intended to cause offense to you but I know I would find it equally jarring if I saw the UCF men wearing their shorts the same way some of the UCF women wore their shorts yesterday. If the UCF men did so and I then commented on the Boneyard that I found this stylistic choice jarring and not to my liking, then I don’t think I would be guilty of trying to dictate to the UCF men how to dress. Perhaps I am being naive but I see these comments as falling way short of telling women how they should dress, much less implying they are “me too” exemplars.

Reaction Score

#metoo
On the court, each player is part of a TEAM. Perhaps you never heard that there is no I in TEAM. And the name on the front of the uniform is more important than the name on the back (which is why the UConn women don't have names on the back). Thankfully, Geno and Chris don't sanction the individual attire/attitude that is portrayed by the men's squad. Good for them.

You likely have surmised that this old soldier is one of those, "um, mature men". Damn straight, and proud to have worn a uniform, both on the college basketball court and in Vietnam. Uni...................one. Deal with it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
3mhacb.jpg

Reaction Score

#metoo
Doesn’t the song say they’re dressing for each other?

Reaction Score
I am a younger male fan, and I will tell you that the shorter shorts are absolutely..... not a big deal in my eyes lol. Some of them do look like full ass diapers lol.

Some NBA players have been following the trend of having short shorts again. I think that look wouldn't be too bad. I just read the stuff in this thread and I'm amazed lol.

Reaction Score
What I do understand - It is easier to move in shorts that are shorter. There is a reason collegiate and beyond runners wear what they do.

What I don't understand - Why coaches don't just allow their players to choose shorter shorts? Have a couple of options available during uniform fittings and let them choose -- then say no tucking. It won't look any worse than it does when you allow them to diaper up.

Having different short lengths on demand wouldn't work at a place like UConn, which prides itself on its players actually having, you know, uniformity in their uniforms (with the exception of some functional and/or medical bits).

But otherwise I agree - it seems that what some players are hankering for is essentially 70s or 80s-length basketball shorts, presumably with a more modern cut. It's odd that I'm not aware of any sports uni company making those available for college players who want them and teams who will make the allowance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom