UCF's uniform adjustments | The Boneyard

UCF's uniform adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder the same thing. That's UCF's choice. They can wear whatever makes them feel good. And I'm a little surprised that a classy school like UConn would condone anyone trying to, of all things, fashion shame.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Fashion shame??? If your gym shorts look exactly like my kid's diapers did when they were carrying a full load then you should be ashamed.

Isn't this the same team that was criticized for their sideline antics during the AAC tournament last year?

Reaction Score
Because it looks so stupid. When something so stupid smacks you in the face, one can't help respond.
The word "uniform" more than implies that they all should look the same. Nowadays everyone in WBB wants to look different, from hair & head bands to one-arm sleeves, to A'ja Wilson's single-leg tights, etc, etc. I don't even like that stuff, but the diaper look is the absolute dumbest way to try to look different - or athletic - or however they're trying to look. Not cool.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I wonder the same thing. That's UCF's choice. They can wear whatever makes them feel good. And I'm a little surprised that a classy school like UConn would condone anyone trying to, of all things, fashion shame.
When they look that stupid, they need to be shamed. In fact not shaming it would be disrespectful to WCBB. Heck disrespectful to humanity. That's something you'd see at Walmart.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
When they look that stupid, they need to be shamed. In fact not shaming it would be disrespectful to WCBB. Heck disrespectful to humanity. That's something you'd see at Walmart.
I hear ya', Travis. :rolleyes:

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Not just Walmart, people all the time wear ridiculous outfits, pajamas out, etc.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The word "uniform" more than implies that they all should look the same. Nowadays everyone in WBB wants to look different, from hair & head bands to one-arm sleeves, to A'ja Wilson's single-leg tights, etc, etc. I don't even like that stuff, but the diaper look is the absolute dumbest way to try to look different - or athletic - or however they're trying to look. Not cool.

Rest assured, there are dumber ways. :eek:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I must be shopping at the wrong Walmart.

SWERVE ALERT:
Reminds me of a time when I would peruse the People of Walmart website weekly to get some laughs. :)

End of swerve.

Reaction Score
It's pretty clear to me that this kind of nonsense goes back to discipline. Something the UCF coach (Abraham?) has lost control of. Then again, she does teach a mugging kind of game, so maybe its not so surprising. It looked ridiculous and was not a good look for UCF. My .02.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Yup, just wait 10 years when they look back at what they look like. Can I show you the picture of me in my red, white and blue hip hugger bell bottoms? or how about this shot of my natural hair? I was very cool

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Even my hubby, who isn't as big a UCONN fan as I am, had to comment that CD would never let one of the Huskies step on the court with those "adjustments" to their uniforms.
All UConn players wear the same looking shoe. Not so with all teams.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
OT: Back in the day when I watched Men's Basketball, I remember when Patrick Ewing always wore a tee shirt under his Georgetown uniform top. I think that he might have been the first collegiate player to do it. People went crazy over that too.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Does anyone know the reason that shirts must be tucked in? I think it is just for appearances sake, right? NCAA image consciousness? I wouldn't complain if they legislated away the diapers too. Looks re-freaking-diculous. That said, it's their game. My only role in the process is deciding whether or not to watch it.

While we're on the fashion subject, I have seen some EPIC eyelashes this season... you know they're too long when the player runs down the court and they whistle. :p

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
What I do understand - It is easier to move in shorts that are shorter. There is a reason collegiate and beyond runners wear what they do.

What I don't understand - Why coaches don't just allow their players to choose shorter shorts? Have a couple of options available during uniform fittings and let them choose -- then say no tucking. It won't look any worse than it does when you allow them to diaper up.

What I really don't understand - Even if you can't move as easily, why anyone would want to expose more skin to floor burns?

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I don't understand why so many posters are obsessed with the other team's stylistic choices.

I've commented on eyelashes so much that my wife got me a pair for my stocking.

But not on the Boneyard. OTOH, if UConn plays a team with a really prominent eyelash player or two in the show, I'll put them on for the game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
No offense, but this thread sounds like a bunch of, um, mature men objecting to the way women are dressing. I’d hoped we’d moved beyond that. You may not have heard, but women get to dress the way that pleases themselves, not you, these days. Deal with it

#metoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro