UCF | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCF

Reaction Score
Alabama v Georgia . . . little brother gagging up another hairball versus big brother, again. After playing great first halves in both NC and SEC game, the suddenly stops making plays on third downs. The offense turtles and stops throwing deep and across the middle. Ane, Kirby must have had a bet on the game with that fake punt call. No way Georgia deserves playoffs with 2 losses, that should go to UCF.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I'll be happy that UCF doesn't make the playoffs this year. For one, I find their fanbase to be obnoxious. More importantly, they'd get absolutely throttled by Alabama with their backup QB and then the committee would use those results as evidence that G5 teams shouldn't be selected in the future. This is not the best G5 team to put into that scenario if we wanna have some success.

Auburn said the same thing last year. Teams get beat, even blown out in this BCS/CFP games. They haven't lost in two years. There are no legitimate excuses to not put them in over an OU team who has only beat Texas and an OSU team who lost to Purdue. While OSU looks like a better team, this isn't figure skating so the committee shouldn't act like East German judges.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Clemson wins tonight and the decision will be easy.

Bama
Clemson
ND
OU
UCF

Three undefeateds up top and as much as I'd like to see UCF break through, you can put OU's one loss record up against UCF's season.

If OSU jumps OU, it's total BS.

Reaction Score

Bama
Clemson
ND
OU
UCF

Three undefeateds up top and as much as I'd like to see UCF break through, you can put OU's one loss record up against UCF's season.

GA will be #4

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Bama
Clemson
ND
OU
UCF

GA will be #4

I think OU jumps Georgia but I wouldn't bet more than 5 minutes of BY credibility.

Reaction Score
The CBS guys, who I'm not sure realized that Goergia was playing today as they were too busy kissing Albama arse, are already saying Georgia should get in as the 3 seed (so they don't have to play Alabama again in the semi-final) over one of ND, Oklahoma or Ohio St. "The selection committee's job is to pick the 4 best teams in college football and clearly Georgia is on of those 4)." Oh, UCF was not mentioned in that discussion.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
No way with 2 loses. Committee will try to get Ohio State over Oklahoma.

I think you're 100% correct, and both Francesa and Danielson (SEC commentator for CBS) agree too.

Danielson made the comment that it would be extremely difficult to go three years in a row without inviting the B1G conference champion...

Reaction Score
No way with 2 loses. Committee will try to get Ohio State over Oklahoma.

No one has been close to Bama all season, and Ga almost beat them. Hard to argue they're not one of the 4 best.
Though I could see arguing that today was round 1 of the playoffs and the Dawgs have had their shot.

Reaction Score
UCF comes in 5 with “ooh, golly, you were so close at 25-0, but unfortunately you lost points in the P5 is better category.”. Hate the college playoff and P5 bull. Un-American (literally and figuratively).

Reaction Score
UCF comes in 5 with “ooh, golly, you were so close at 25-0, but unfortunately you lost points in the P5 is better category.”. Hate the college playoff and P5 bull. Un-American (literally and figuratively).
And absolutely would bury ND.

Reaction Score
UCF should definitely play Notre Dame for the heck of it.

Oklahoma might get in over Ohio State as of now.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Time to go too a six team or eight team playoff

Reaction Score
Fox is calling it #1 Alabama, #2 Clemson, #3 Oklahoma, #4 ND

ESPN is calling it #1 Alabama, #2 Clemson, #3 ND, #4 Oklahoma

Fox is saying that ND is #4 because they did not play a conference championship and thus should be 'punished' for it. The ESPN vote for the #4 seed does have a few for Georgia and a few of UCF.

The B1G is not going to be happy with a 1-loss, Conference Champion (Ohio St) not going, which is the 3rd year in a row. That should cause some problems. If ND slides down to #4 and thus gets Alabama in the semi-final, the 'no conference champion' will rankle some feathers and fears that an undefeated Irish is not seen as good as conference champion with a loss. UCF will feel forced-out and rightfully so. The PAC has nothing to complain about right now. Now if a 2-loss Georgia team gets in, which is what Saban and Smart are already pining for, another power, either the XII or ND, will be furious.

I hope that UCF gets Georgia in a Bowl game and beats the Dawgs.

Reaction Score
Time to go too a six team or eight team playoff

Has to be 8. Even at 6, this year would see a teh PAC left out and the extra 2 slots would fought between Ohio St, UCF, Georgia, and Michigan. Someone would be upset.

Reaction Score
If we're being honest with ourselves, the SEC should get three teams in. It won't happen because it would hurt too many people's feelings, but they've been far and away the premier conference with the results to prove it. If a conference can have three #1 seeds in the NCAA Tournament, I'm not sure why things should be any different in college football. Every other conference title game was embarrassing by comparison.

Reaction Score
And absolutely would bury ND.
Based on what? ND actually has a defense and would score all over UCF. I get the whole conference pride thing, but let's not get carried away and say they would "bury" Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Based on what? ND actually has a defense and would score all over UCF. I get the whole conference pride thing, but let's not get carried away and say they would "bury" Notre Dame.
Based on Pitt games. UCF can play, we know that much.

Reaction Score
It’s crazy to me that some are calling for UGA at the 4th spot. I thought college football’s regular season “mattered.”

Reaction Score
Based on Pitt games. UCF can play, we know that much.
So, 1 game vs Pitt? So ND beat Syracuse by 30+, Clemson barely beat Cuse. So by your logic ND will bury Clemson.

Reaction Score
It’s crazy to me that some are calling for UGA at the 4th spot. I thought college football’s regular season “mattered.”
Stupid people are. Sorry GA/SEC fans, you have 2 loses. GA has their chance last night.

Reaction Score
So, 1 game vs Pitt? So ND beat Syracuse by 30+, Clemson barely beat Cuse. So by your logic ND will bury Clemson.
Not my logic. Was juxtaposing what others may think.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think you're 100% correct, and both Francesa and Danielson (SEC commentator for CBS) agree too.

Danielson made the comment that it would be extremely difficult to go three years in a row without inviting the B1G conference champion...

I want this to happen because the CFP is worse than the BCS, less transparent, and more biased to the big name programs (not P5). It needs to die in a fire.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I want this to happen because the CFP is worse than the BCS, less transparent, and more biased to the big name programs (not P5). It needs to die in a fire.

... or it could go to 16 teams like FCS and have an open, unbiased, fair process that always finds the winner. No undefeated team should sit at home. Ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom