UCF is going First | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCF is going First

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like Army and Navy over any of the above. That game alone would generate so much revenue. Plus, national fan base, and as much as they (Army especially) don't produce on the field, nobody is ever going to question teams for playing the United States service academies. Besides, have any of you ever been to the city of Houston? place is really ambivalent towards UH. When we went down for the final four, there were even more Rice fans than Houston fans.
Army isn't competitive in any sport. We would be beter off with Umass or URI.

Reaction Score
Army isn't competitive in any sport. We would be beter off with Umass or URI.

Not entirely true, but in terms of football and basketball I generally tend to agree with you.

We did win a bowl game last year against the same mighty SMU team (in their stadium), who so many people are suggesting would be a good addition to the new Big CUSA. So we've got that going for us, which is nice...

While I am not entirely in favor of Army joining a conference again , in terms of fans in the seats and revenue generation it makes sense. More people will come to the Rent to watch UConn vs Army than they would UConn vs. UCF.

The blame for Army's failed C-USA experiment falls squarely on the shoulders of the coach who they hired to bring them into C-USA (Todd Berry) and the AD who hired Berry and then promptly booked it to IU after he killed Army's program. Berry thought he could employ the "fun and gun" offense at a Service Academy. Who didn't know that wasn't going to work?

Sorry for going in a tangent, but while my Alma Mater isn't the greatest replacement, it's probably better than URI.

Reaction Score
I'm kinda torn between wanting Boise or BYU and just hoping the Big 12 takes them and leaves WVU and Louisville alone.

That would be the best result for the Big East for certain. I think it makes way more sense for BYU and Boise, from their perspective, to be lobbying the Big 12, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom