UCF is going First | The Boneyard

UCF is going First

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like that we now will have this presence in Florida. Now I want to see the TX schools brought into the loop.

Reaction Score
well I guess if we've learned one thing from expansion, its that everyone who said, "we don't need to take UCF until we absolutly need them, because they'll still be there" was right.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
To check the Temple rumors I check the Nova boards. No indication that a Nova upgrade is scrapped.

Reaction Score
IMO Houston should be #2, followed by SMU.

I agree. TCU is a great program but I think both of those teams are better than them this year. Hell, Houston might go undefeated and end up in a BCS bowl. The only tough team they have left is SMU. That game will be pretty big this year if they both have BE invites in hand.

Reaction Score
well I guess if we've learned one thing from expansion, its that everyone who said, "we don't need to take UCF until we absolutly need them, because they'll still be there" was right.

The only schools this doesn't apply to is Boise State and BYU.

The Big 12 may get to them before we do, or they could go the route of TCU. If we get one or both of those schools, there must be a serious exit fee attached to admittance.

Reaction Score
I like Army and Navy over any of the above. That game alone would generate so much revenue. Plus, national fan base, and as much as they (Army especially) don't produce on the field, nobody is ever going to question teams for playing the United States service academies. Besides, have any of you ever been to the city of Houston? place is really ambivalent towards UH. When we went down for the final four, there were even more Rice fans than Houston fans.

Reaction Score
I agree. TCU is a great program but I think both of those teams are better than them this year. Hell, Houston might go undefeated and end up in a BCS bowl. The only tough team they have left is SMU. That game will be pretty big this year if they both have BE invites in hand.
Agreed, and beyond that, you've effectively added presence in Orlando, Dallas, and Houston markets. We already have a Philly presence w/ Nova BB. This is all about markets to strengthen TV contracts. Then you turn your attention to the Navy, Air Force, and one of BYU or Boise all for FB only. Not ideal, but desperate times call for desperate actions. The FB league will be stronger than the ACC, and BB will be good but not elite.

Reaction Score
Well. im not a fan at all of what has gone down. And certainly basketball took a hit. but if football actually ends up improving I think that would be absolutely hilarious. of course it wont improve in history and tradition but the actual product would be better. Of course I know damned well that the rest of the current Football teams are ready to bolt so the powers that be will make it happen. The Big East is destiend to fail. They wont kill it though they will let it exist in some pathetic state of CUSA status.

Reaction Score

I don't disagree, however, TCU has had several years in the top 10, including a top 10 finish last year that would have greatly helped our BCS status. If we invite those schools, we need Houston to go undefeated and finish top 10.

This is why Boise State must be on the list. If we add 6 schools with virtually zero recent top 25 finishes, we're screwed.

Reaction Score
Agreed, and beyond that, you've effectively added presence in Orlando, Dallas, and Houston markets. We already have a Philly presence w/ Nova BB. This is all about markets to strengthen TV contracts. Then you turn your attention to the Navy, Air Force, and one of BYU or Boise all for FB only. Not ideal, but desperate times call for desperate actions. The FB league will be stronger than the ACC, and BB will be good but not elite.

I'm kinda torn between wanting Boise or BYU and just hoping the Big 12 takes them and leaves WVU and Louisville alone.

Reaction Score
I like Army and Navy over any of the above.
That's fine, but the computers don't agree with you. If we want to remain a BCS conference, we need top 25 finishes to justify it. Army kills that, Navy helps a little. BSU for TCU is an even trade.

Reaction Score
I'm kinda torn between wanting Boise or BYU and just hoping the Big 12 takes them and leaves WVU and Louisville alone.
I'd sign on for that in a second, but I'm working under the assumption that WVU and UL are gonzo.

Reaction Score
That's fine, but the computers don't agree with you. If we want to remain a BCS conference, we need top 25 finishes to justify it. Army kills that, Navy helps a little. BSU for TCU is an even trade.
I get it, but when push comes to shove I'm calling the BCS's bluff. No chance they would disenfranchise two entities of the United States government. Not with their monopolistic corporate structure.

Reaction Score
I get it, but when push comes to shove I'm calling the BCS's bluff. No chance they would disenfranchise two entities of the United States government. Not with their monopolistic corporate structure.

I hope you're right. But it's my understanding the service acadamies sports programs pay for themselves. I'd rather go with Boise because we know they can help us, then with Army because we hope the government would throw it's weight around. But I do understand your position.

I'm fine with Navy and Air Force, but would prefer we line up Boise first for reasons stated. I get all the reasons people don't want them in, but they just aren't more important than keeping the BCS bid.

Reaction Score
You would be wrong, they pay for their sports just like UConn does.

Care to tell me what I was wrong about? Because if I'm reading your post right, you just told me I was wrong and then agreed with me.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
theuconnblogTheUConnBlog

Report: Big East contacts Conference USA about acquiring UCF, Temple might be next. http://sbn.to/oIjMfj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom