UCF Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UCF Game Thread

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
While some other observers might fault or pick at other things, one stat that really has an odor is 64% from the line. That is just wretched, and it has little or nothing to do with anything UCF did. Against a better team at tourney time, that flaw could be “fatal.”

Edit- 7 of 11 isn’t that bad, even if the percentage is. My bad.

Reaction Score
Incidentally part of me wonders if Geno sometimes sidles up to the officials before the game: "Psst. Let 'em play tonight, why don't you." Intentionally trying to stiffen up his players. :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno on subs: "A couple of those guys actually tried to make a play ....To their horror it actually worked" Funny!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
While some other observers might fault or pick at other things, one stat that really has an odor is 64% from the line. That is just wretched, and it has little or nothing to do with anything UCF did. Against a better team at tourney time, that flaw could be “fatal.”

I believe UCF's knock um around style had a lot to do with it. Our guys were thrown off. This was a game with too many fouls to whistle or that seems to have been the thinking of the whistles.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A couple thoughts:
  • This kind of game is exactly what the Huskies need, because it's what they'll get when they go up against the top teams in the SEC like SC & MS St, and they've got better players.
  • For the sake of the AAC, I'm hoping Coach Abe can continue to turnaround UCF and maybe even push UConn
  • At some point, Geno needs to get more bench players into the regular rotation

Reaction Score
Geno going off in the post-game about his players expecting the refs to bail them out because they can't make a bucket anytime anyone touches them and he's calling the head officials to tell them that it's their job to help out the UConn Huskies players.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Congratulations UConn Huskies!! This game wasn't pretty, but UCF is a very tough team. Nykeshia "Precious" Sales did a good job, scouting her former school for this game. The hugs were so special and sweet afterwards, between Coaches Geno, CD, Shae and Nykeshia. Nykeshia will always have a piece of Coach Geno's heart :).

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
We got the only 6-6 kid in college basketball that's unguardable, and we got the only 6-6 kid that can't guard anyone.
Geno was furious with Z during the 1st half when Gabby & Kia had one of the UCF players trapped in the corner on offense, and for whatever reason, Z ran out to the arc to guard someone, leaving the lane open, baling out the trapped UCF player who passed the ball to a cutting teammate for an uncontested layup.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think that was the maddest he got in the first half.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Our leading FT shooter was 3-6. That’s not great.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I always judge quarters by twenty-five. Twenty-four is close enough.
I judge by twenty. If they average twenty points a quarter I'm satisfied with that.

Reaction Score
I do not know how to post a tweet.
Jim fuller has tweeted

Geno Auriemma said he hopes for resolution to whether Andra Espinoza-Hunter will be part of #UConn team in next day or two.

I never believed that AEH has been hiding behind her grandmother's sick bed.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Jim fuller has tweeted

Geno Auriemma said he hopes for resolution to whether Andra Espinoza-Hunter will be part of #UConn team in next day or two.

The Spring Semester at UConn is set to begin a week from today. I’m hoping everything works out for AEH.

Reaction Score
Jim fuller has tweeted

This may be a good news. Or at least we will know what happens.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno going off in the post-game about his players expecting the refs to bail them out because they can't make a bucket anytime anyone touches them and he's calling the head officials to tell them that it's their job to help out the UConn Huskies players.

Just saw that on SportsCenter - Geno scorched his players good. And not in the Geno-smart-a** way. He was PO'd.

Reaction Score
Geno took the opposite tack from the S Car coach by saying his players need to adjust to the officiating. I don't think he was very happy with the way the game was called but it's likely that they will see this sort of game a few more times and better to let your team know that whining won't change that. But I also think he will have something to say to the AAC chief of officials in the next few days that neither his players nor we will hear about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom