UCF Game Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UCF Game Thread

Reaction Score
Geno took the opposite tack from the S Car coach by saying his players need to adjust to the officiating. I don't think he was very happy with the way the game was called but it's likely that they will see this sort of game a few more times and better to let your team know that whining won't change that. But I also think he will have something to say to the AAC chief of officials in the next few days that neither his players nor we will hear about.
Agreed. Game was like Tom Izzo's Mich State practices where they wore pads and knocked each other around, except without the pads. Good experience for Huskies BUT amazed at the hammering UConn took without calls. Much of it was 10' from the heavy set ref who inadvertently threw a body block at one of the UCF players since he was too slow to get out of way (i.e. she was hit by him so hard in throat that she needed to leave game).

Reaction Score
Geno's smiling because A) They got out with a win and B) Team 2 is starting to get it.
Not sure based on 3 minutes of play how you can tell.

Reaction Score
She's had a tough time with it this year for sure. I don't think they want her to abandon it though.
When you are making a lay up every time you go to basket, hard to justify trying LONG 3's.

Reaction Score
You know, slowing down the game ceases to make any sense if you can't score. Is the object somehow to keep UConn from beating you by 50? Seems as if UCF would be speeding up the game, but that's supposed to be good coaching. Huh? Crazy.
I know postgame Geno said UCF was slowing the game down, but my view was that the speed was caused by a combination of UConn's great defense and UConn getting physically hammered while on offense. Even Geno stated how good the defense was entire game.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Not sure based on 3 minutes of play how you can tell.
You can tell because the three minutes played the in the last three games, the production by the reserves has been better than all of the previous games. Some complained about the poor performances by reserves earlier, so compliments are due when they play consistently better. Also, it is in these kind of games that Z can attempt to shoot her way out of her three point shooting slump. It will make her an even bigger offensive threat. She can stay down low in the games against the stronger teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom