UCF finishes 12th | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCF finishes 12th

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here's the deal UCF and AAC - WIN THE GAME.

Yeah it sucks Frost leaves and I'm sure that will affect them somewhat no doubt. But you know what West Virginia would do when everyone talked smack about the Big East? They would go out and club Georgia over the head on national TV.

Like I said, different in that Rich Rod wouldn't be bolting a team like WVU after a good year and it certainly will affect UCF somewhat. But let's see what UCF, Memphis and USF can do in their bowl games. Make the conference proud and let Aresco have some real ammunition to work with.

Somewhat?

UCF will go into the bowl game being coached by assistants who are actively seeking employment because their contracts end as soon the bowl game does.

The playeras are on their own for this one.

Reaction Score
While I don't think OSU necessarily deserved to get in over Alabama, someone today said that the Iowa loss by OSU was much worse than any loss suffered by any other team in the top 10. I'm looking at #1 Clemson losing to Syracuse. Yeesh, that was awful. Iowa at least played a lot of ranked teams close and was not a bad team. OSU didn't show up at all and got trounced by a more than decent team. Clemson didn't show up and got nicked by a horrible team.

Reaction Score
Somewhat?

UCF will go into the bowl game being coached by assistants who are actively seeking employment because their contracts end as soon the bowl game does.

They all flew to Nebraska w/ Frost for for the announcement today.

... the current plan per reports is for the current UCF staff to coach the bowl game (possibility Frost as well). If they succeed in hiring Sumlin that could change.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

... the current plan per reports is for the current UCF staff to coach the bowl game (possibility Frost as well). If they succeed in hiring Sumlin that could change.

So their coaching staff with either be recruiting for Nebraska and making moving plans while also preparing for Auburn. Should go well.

More likely - they’ll have a new coaching staff showing up in waves over the next six weeks.

Either way, they are half-assing this.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
While I don't think OSU necessarily deserved to get in over Alabama, someone today said that the Iowa loss by OSU was much worse than any loss suffered by any other team in the top 10. I'm looking at #1 Clemson losing to Syracuse. Yeesh, that was awful. Iowa at least played a lot of ranked teams close and was not a bad team. OSU didn't show up at all and got trounced by a more than decent team. Clemson didn't show up and got nicked by a horrible team.

My problem with the committee is their own quotes...

Last week, it was soooooo hard to differentiate between teams five through eight. This week, Alabama was the clear pick over those same teams.

Doesn’t make sense.

But yeah, they probably managed to get the four best teams into the playoffs. Ohio State is a step down from those teams and a step up from everyone behind them.

Reaction Score
So their coaching staff with either be recruiting for Nebraska and making moving plans while also preparing for Auburn. Should go well.

More likely - they’ll have a new coaching staff showing up in waves over the next six weeks.

It's still much better than the coach not taking the same plane home after the game. Edsall taught everyone how not to leave a program.

Reaction Score

I didn’t say it wouldn’t be a cluster...

... heck, rumored that they’ve been recruiting for Nebraska for past few weeks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In McHandley terms if I’m the AD anyone leaving doesn’t have to sweat Auburn. Their card keys would have been turned off already.

Bingo.

Their cell phones are off, their office keys don’t work and if they’re parked on campus, their car has been booted.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The results for the final coach’s pool are public and the AAC coaches had UCF 7th and 8th or so.

That BCS formula looks pretty good to me. I might take OU over UGa. 7/8/9 totally interchangeable. Wisconsin probably lumped in with them for me.

Reaction Score
I'm looking at #1 Clemson losing to Syracuse. Clemson didn't show up and got nicked by a horrible team.

Clemson's QB was hurt in the Syracuse game and missed most of the game.

Reaction Score
Yahoo Wetzel: Here's the solution to college football's inefficient and (often) meaningless postseason

>>First weekend of December is no longer reserved for conference championship games. They are the first round of an eight-team playoff, where the higher-seeded team gets to host. The champions of the five major conferences would be granted automatic bids. If you win your league, you are in.<<

>>There would be three at-large bids allowed, with one twist. If a non-Power Five club goes unbeaten and the committee ranks them in say, the top 10 or 15 (some number) then they get in automatically. Is UCF one of the eight best teams? We don’t really know, but it’s close and allowing an underdog into the tournament is good for the sport. Playoffs are businesses and a Cinderella is good for ratings and interest. Besides, if UCF proves to be a weak No. 8 seed, that is just a benefit the No. 1 seed earned. This year Clemson’s reward is Alabama on a neutral field that is closer to Alabama. Gee, thanks.<<

Reaction Score
Auburn plays UCF in the P
Please make your case for UCF. Auburn is the only three loss team. Auburn is rightfully ahead of UCF. Far better team. I do not see a case for UCF being better than OSU, USC, PSU, Washington or Miami. They are the two loss teams.

UCF and Auburn play in the Peach Bowl on New Year's Day. That game will be a great opportunity for UCF to make a statement.

Reaction Score
Perfect gaslighting- they can't play any of those teams in the regular season because they won't schedule them, so just say they're worse than them.

Nobody is ducking The Knights. OSU played them in 2012, Penn State scheduled them in 2013 and 2014, Michigan in 2016. That's the last 5 years just in the B1G. They have played teams from The SEC, ACC, PAC 12, and Big 12 as well. If teams have an opening and it makes sense financially they will consider putting them on the schedule. Schedules are made years in advance, so no one is predicting how good or bad anybody might be when they actually play. UCF was a very good team this year. Great offense/Lousy Defense. Their schedule outside of Memphis, USF, and Navy was bad. They were not a top 4 team this year. After that being ranked 5 or 15 doesn't matter as long as they get to a NY6 Bowl, which they did.

Reaction Score

They basically said it didn't count because the QB got knocked out.

Reaction Score
In McHandley terms if I’m the AD anyone leaving doesn’t have to sweat Auburn. Their card keys would have been turned off already.

People act like I'm crazy when I do this at work.

Reaction Score
But 9.5 points doesn't say

If Frost coaches, done. Except if I win, no need to pay me, just wrap yourself in a tarp and go away like half the stadium at a normal ACC championship game...

So are you taking the bet or not? You called me out and now you are waffling? On or off?

Reaction Score
Somewhat?

They all flew to Nebraska w/ Frost for for the announcement today.

Frost isn't keeping Diaco? What a surprise.
Send Bob to coach UCF in the bowl game and he can bring the Conflict trophy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom