U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 59 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that Stanford made her list... I thought we didn't have anymore scholarships left. But I am pleasantly surprised!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that Stanford made her list... I thought we didn't have anymore scholarships left. But I am pleasantly surprised!

I'm assuming you're talking about Nelson-Ododa. In that case, you find room for a player of that caliber.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

I'm assuming you're talking about Nelson-Ododa. In that case, you find room for a player of that caliber.
Interesting, I think you are both correct. Stanford roster currently sitting at 14. McPhee and Johnson graduate in spring of 2018. Stanford already has three verbal commitments from Lexie Hull, Jenna Brown & Lacie Hull for 2018. That would put the Stanford 2018 roster at 15 without ONO. Maya Dodson (Stanford 2017) and Jenna Brown (Stanford 2018) were on that last USA basketball team with ONO and are from the same area in Georgia. ONO could complete the trifecta of Georgians for Stanford.

Reaction Score
Just read on the Tennessee board CW took ND off her list. Can anyone verify?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Just read on the Tennessee board CW took ND off her list. Can anyone verify?

Per the mighty Raoul

May I just say - harumph

(I remained convinced she is destined for Storrs, so my heart isn't broken as I never really thought ND had a huge shot)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
My goodness someone already made an image for it:

harumph_1.jpg

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
After hearing about the home visit over the weekend by the new Team USA coach I assumed Williams would add SC to her list and Notre Dame seemed the most dispensable/replaceable. She's already visited UCLA and Williams has never visited Notre Dame and has less invested in that relationship.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Christyn Williams' recruiting "finalists" have been somewhat fickle. Her final seven at one point this year were UConn, UCLA, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Baylor, Arkansas, and Texas. Then, she drops Texas. Then, she drops Arkansas. Then, she adds Texas back to a final six; she attends the Texas camp (first time visiting Texas). At that point, I still think Texas is behind the others as they were such a late addition.

She then drops Baylor, and schedules official visits to her final five schools. She makes first official visit to UCLA on Labor Day weekend. She then entertains the South Carolina coaches for a home visit. Next thing you know, she drops Notre Dame and names South Carolina as one of her top five. Considering Texas was the last school to have been re-added, I figured we could be the school whose scheduled official visit would get cancelled.

What could have happened to add South Carolina again after all this time? Perhaps the recent transfers of two guards? Depth chart doesn't really strike me as something Christyn is concerned with as she will beat out most returnees on just about any roster. Logically, one would think that USC is behind the other four finalists. But, Coach Staley obviously said/did something recently to get the Gamecocks back in the game at Notre Dame's expense.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Christyn Williams' recruiting "finalists" have been somewhat fickle. Her final seven at one point this year were UConn, UCLA, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Baylor, Arkansas, and Texas. Then, she drops Texas. Then, she drops Arkansas. Then, she adds Texas back to a final six; she attends the Texas camp (first time visiting Texas). At that point, I still think Texas is behind the others as they were such a late addition.

She then drops Baylor, and schedules official visits to her final five schools. She makes first official visit to UCLA on Labor Day weekend. She then entertains the South Carolina coaches for a home visit. Next thing you know, she drops Notre Dame and names South Carolina as one of her top five. Considering Texas was the last school to have been re-added, I figured we could be the school whose scheduled official visit would get cancelled.

What could have happened to add South Carolina again after all this time? Perhaps the recent transfers of two guards? Depth chart doesn't really strike me as something Christyn is concerned with as she will beat out most returnees on just about any roster. Logically, one would think that USC is behind the other four finalists. But, Coach Staley obviously said/did something recently to get the Gamecocks back in the game at Notre Dame's expense.
I was thinking the same thing. But don't worry. Geno is in AR tonight, so I expect Williams to commit to the Huskies tomorrow. ;)

Reaction Score
Christyn Williams' recruiting "finalists" have been somewhat fickle.

Who know, perhaps she's just doing it as a sign of respect for the new national coach.............if that is the case she's shown enough respect!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom