U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 25 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

Reaction Score
I haven't heard anything. I talked to her a mom a week ago via twitter and she said that Evina will be taking all of her visits, including to SC.

The planned visit for Evina was supposed to be this weekend but there's currently a category 4 hurricane bearing down towards the Southeastern U.S. coast that's expected to be hanging out off the coast of anywhere between Georgia and North Carolina by Saturday.. there are talks of cancelling the football game in Columbia, which is about 100 miles inland. Pretty serious weather situation going on.

If she cancelled her visit to SC then that could have something to do with it.
Why are you talking to her Mom?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Kansas seems to be popping up on some lists these days

DFW Elite Basketball ‏@dfwelite 4m4 minutes ago
@Raoul_000 Chennedy carter down to Texas A&M and Kansas. Texas and Louisville are no longer in the picture.

Wow, A&M and Kansas as finalists? Carter is rated top-10 and someone was just claiming she is the best player in the class. Haven't seen her play but it's kinda refreshing to see someone of that pedigree go to a non-elite program, A&M's past success notwithstanding.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I haven't heard anything. I talked to her a mom a week ago via twitter and she said that Evina will be taking all of her visits, including to SC.

The planned visit for Evina was supposed to be this weekend but there's currently a category 4 hurricane bearing down towards the Southeastern U.S. coast that's expected to be hanging out off the coast of anywhere between Georgia and North Carolina by Saturday.. there are talks of cancelling the football game in Columbia, which is about 100 miles inland. Pretty serious weather situation going on.

If she cancelled her visit to SC then that could have something to do with it.

Could be...a friend of mine who was slated to go to Hilton Head just pushed back his trip for the reason you must mentioned. In any case, best of luck to you and all there....

Reaction Score
Could be...a friend of mine who was slated to go to Hilton Head just pushed back his trip for the reason you must mentioned. In any case, best of luck to you and all there....

Say what you want about New Jersey, other then the rare occasion (Sandy) we don't take too many direct hits from Mother Nature...........of course we make up for it in other ways (traffic, taxes, pollution etc.)

Reaction Score
Louisville is not pursuing any more guards. They have one scholarship available.

It's now Onyenwere or no one.

Reaction Score
I just happen to notice Tennessee has 14 players I believe on their roster for this coming season, including incoming freshmen. On the recruiting list noted earlier in this thread Tennessee has their name on ten recruits as finalist. Louisville also has 14 players on their upcoming roster. On this same recruiting finalist list Louisville is listed on three recruits. As noted above Louisville is truthfully down to pursuing only one of them. They are no longer recruiting any additional guards.

My question? Why is it some posters on here seem so upset Walz can have his name on multiple recruits even when he has a roster almost full. Yet, I see no one complaining about Tennessee having their name on a much larger number of prospects when their roster is almost full? Walz is less guilty of over recruiting than other schools yet there seems to a lot of posts on the Boneyard about how Walz supposedly over recruits.

BTW, I went through all nine of the rosters since Walz has been at Louisville and he has never had more than 14 players on scholarship on one team. He's had as few as nine on a team and last year had only ten.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
My question? Why is it some posters on here seem so upset Walz can have his name on multiple recruits even when he has a roster almost full. Yet, I see no one complaining about Tennessee having their name on a much larger number of prospects when their roster is almost full? Walz is less guilty of over recruiting than other schools yet there seems to a lot of posts on the Boneyard about how Walz supposedly over recruits.

Doubt anyone is upset. It's just become dark comedy how Louisville's name comes up with so many players. Not just offers but interest.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I just happen to notice Tennessee has 14 players I believe on their roster for this coming season, including incoming freshmen.
Ummm, where you getting 14 from??? They have 11 players listed on their roster. And 2 are out injured for the year. (Cooper and Green). They have 1 FR. They have 1 verbal (Hayes) from 2017, nothing from 2018 yet. Russell and DeShields will be eligible to jump to the WNBA after this season. It's quite possible they could be down to 8 players next year, as it sits now. They had better be in for a bunch of recruits.

Louisville also has 14 players on their upcoming roster.
Louisville has 15 players listed on their roster for this season (not sure if all on on scholarship though). 3 Srs. They have 3 recruits coming in 2017 and 1 already for 2018. So as it stands right now, Louisville has 15 players this year, 15 next year and 13 the year after.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Doubt anyone is upset. It's just become dark comedy how Louisville's name comes up with so many players. Not just offers but interest.

Yep. That's all it really is. We do well, but I would love it if SC was in on so many recruits like Louisville.

You guys have a great thing going at Louisville... that entire athletic department is trending up. I would love for SC to schedule them more, maybe not so much in football (we're hot garbage this year), but perhaps a weekend series in baseball would be really fun.. both SC and Louisville are national powers in the sport.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Yep. That's all it really is. We do well, but I would love it if SC was in on so many recruits like Louisville.

You guys have a great thing going at Louisville... that entire athletic department is trending up. I would love for SC to schedule them more, maybe not so much in football (we're hot garbage this year), but perhaps a weekend series in baseball would be really fun.. both SC and Louisville are national powers in the sport.

Agreed....

It's kind of a combination and extension of two kinds of q's and a's from elementary and/or catechism school:
- Question: Where is Louisville?
- Answer: Louisville is everywhere.

If there's a player who makes a grand entry in freshman year, Coach J. and his staff seem to be among the first to know. They do one fine job on social media. And they've opened up state borders...they have kids currently (or coming) from everywhere, from New Jersey and Florida, to Georgia and California. From the Ohio River to the Rockies.

On top of that, Coach J. has us playing with numerical permutations from 14 to 15! ;)

Being in the ACC together, I see great games between Louisville and ND in many sports, from soccer to hoops. Look forward to the regular season game this year, which is in South Bend, I believe.

Reaction Score
One of the girls on the Louisville roster is a local walkon. If Onyenwere does not come, she'll likely be put on scholarship for one year. There were the number 14 comes from.

I did not put a lot of research in on Tennessee, but there was a roster of 13, listing no incoming freshmen so you might be right. One way or the other, they have their names with so many more recruits right now than Louisville.

I think some Boneyard posters should give Walz some credit for his past successes on the floor in such a young career, plus understand what he's going through with his new recruiting successes. They've yet to make a big splash on the floor, but these new high ranking recruiting classes are new to him so what ever method he using is obviously working.

He has never had even as many as 15 on scholarships on one team so he's never run anyone off because he had too many on scholarship. My guess is his teams will enter another level of success hopefully starting this year and you'll see him drop down to around 12 to 13 scholarshipped players thereafter.

Reaction Score
I just happen to notice Tennessee has 14 players I believe on their roster for this coming season, including incoming freshmen. On the recruiting list noted earlier in this thread Tennessee has their name on ten recruits as finalist. Louisville also has 14 players on their upcoming roster. On this same recruiting finalist list Louisville is listed on three recruits. As noted above Louisville is truthfully down to pursuing only one of them. They are no longer recruiting any additional guards.

BTW, I went through all nine of the rosters since Walz has been at Louisville and he has never had more than 14 players on scholarship on one team. He's had as few as nine on a team and last year had only ten.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Maybe I doubted Raoul's reporting cred too soon.

Cara Ursin ain't afraid of no storm.

She's from Louisiana.. I wouldn't her expect her to be. For better or worst, South Carolinians and Louisianan's are stubbornly kin in that regard.

The storm is projected to turn away from the coast so this is mainly going to be a coastal event at this point. More updates will be released in a few hours.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom