U dont want UConn in your bracket | Page 3 | The Boneyard

U dont want UConn in your bracket

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I think the team has improved immeasurably. People are grabbing rebounds with authority, playing the passing lanes and rarely make a defensive mistake. On offense we are still at times a little too much reliant on the jump shot, but I see more motion and aggression to the basket. The top three teams play excellent defense so in my opinion what it comes down to is who would have a tougher time scoring. I would say we have a shot against anyone in a one game scenario but probably Oregon would be the toughest because they have so many weapons and experience and savvy. After that I would say we would say SC And then Baylor. So my thinking is if we can’t get to Indiana I’ll take my chances with Baylor as a first choice.
Baylor's size and big game experience, plus they are probably better than last year.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
No, you guys lost to three great teams. We lost to three pretty good teams, with one loss at home.

I'll trot out the excuses that folks here in Louisville make for those losses (loss at Ohio State immediately followed the three games in the Virgin Islands, with a travel delay thrown in; losses to Florida State and at Syracuse were without Balogun) but bottom line is, we lost those games because in all three games we shot under 40% overall and under 33% from outside. This team, like most, needs to shoot well to win.

Our best wins (Oregon at neutral site, at Kentucky and at North Carolina State) are all better than your best win (at DePaul).

You guys are playing lots better recently but that's hard for me to gauge based on the level of competition. That win at Cincinnati was definitely impressive.
I want Jeff and Geno in the FF.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Agree the NCAAs are going to be very competitive. I like our chances too. But c'mon... We do not have an aircraft carrier in the middle. That's part of the problem. Kalani Brown was is an aircraft carrier. Teaira McCowan was is an aircraft carrier. Liv is not in that same size & bulk class. We'll have to do it a different way.
they were skyscrapers, aircraft carriers are mobile. Cox was and is the best center in WCBB.

Reaction Score
Except at UConn? :(

Seriously, I fantasize about an NCAA requirement that all teams play a minimum percentage of their OOC in road games. Hiding out at home court should be banned or penalized.

Heck, since we're fantasizing, I would also like to add OOC games to be scheduled evenly from Q1 through Q4.

Reaction Score
That sounds good to me! If you're going to be the best you have to beat the best. We haven't been able to do that so far. Maybe third time's the charm?

I miss seeing Jeff wearing one of these. :D

1583332715479.png

Reaction Score
Then NCAAs are going to be very competitive. There are alot of very good teams. I like our chances alot.. We have a aircraft carrier in the middle, some long range missle launchers from the outside, a couple of very good guards, some very good ball handlers, terrific passing and so do some other teams but I like us better.
Not so sure of that "aircraft carrier" Tony. Maybe a light cruiser. Sort of like a light heavyweight going up against a bruiser. Hopefully her speed and ability to maneuver around the rim will be the difference. The passing and shooting have matured to the point where I actually think we have a shot at the top three.

Reaction Score
Elite 8 is as far as Uconn will go..not too shabby imo..
You may be right Blue. I think a lot depends on the match ups surrounding us. Nut in the end we will go as far as our talent and playing ability takes us and I truly believe that the squad out on the floor right now is superior to the ones who started the season and lost to the top three teams. Won't it be fun finding out?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In my fantasy I'm eating a great spaghetti dinner with sausage, warm bread sticks and Shocktop beer while watching Uconn take down all three.
I like your fantasy better...,,

Reaction Score
I wish UCONN could play Baylor, Oregon and SC in the tournament but that seems unlikely. To quote a great dinner meal, "Two out of three ain't bad."

Reaction Score
Baylor's size and big game experience, plus they are probably better than last year.
I agree! IMO Baylor is still a 'mental factor' with UCONN this year (less CD), especially with ONO!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom