U-C-O-N-N Chant | The Boneyard

U-C-O-N-N Chant

Reaction Score
Can we please use this chant more at football games? It sounds so good at our basketball games, yet we barely ever use it at the Rent. (I think we may do it after a touchdown?)

The Jets have a similar chant that they say during each kickoff, let's do that U-C-O-N-N UCONN, UCONN, UCONN! chant at the at each kickoff. It would sound GREAT on TV.

Reaction Score
Can we please use this chant more at football games? It sounds so good at our basketball games, yet we barely ever use it at the Rent. (I think we may do it after a touchdown?)

The Jets have a similar chant that they say during each kickoff, let's do that U-C-O-N-N UCONN, UCONN, UCONN! chant at the at each kickoff. It would sound GREAT on TV.
It sounds so good at basketball games bc it’s a sell out crowd. We need more fans in the seats before something like this would work at the Rent, although I like it.

Reaction Score
as a jets fan, i've learned that you need to score touchdowns in order to hear the J-E-T-S on a kickoff (i.e. they don't do it when the OTHER team scores, nor when NYJ gets a FG), ergo lots of silence at the meadowlands the last 10 years. oddly i feel we'd face the similar issue at the rent :/

maybe lets not do it after touchdowns lol

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I remember at some of the basketball games we took the family to at Mohegan Sun, there was a chant of:
UCONN, HUSKIES
UCONN, HUSKIES
UCONN, HUSKIES
HUSKIES, UCONN
WOOF
or something along those lines. With a big crowd in a stadium, that would sound neat.

Reaction Score
I remember at some of the basketball games we took the family to at Mohegan Sun, there was a chant of:
UCONN, HUSKIES
UCONN, HUSKIES
UCONN, HUSKIES
HUSKIES, UCONN
WOOF
or something along those lines. With a big crowd in a stadium, that would sound neat.
I usually hear this at around the concourse

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
UCONN, HUSKIES
UCONN, HUSKIES
UCONN, HUSKIES
HUSKIES, UCONN
WOOF
I dislike this cheer, only due to the need of each male that says UConn to say it like they are puking at the same time.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Bring back the “Caterpillar. “ Cheerleaders used to do that at the Civic Center in the pre Big Red Jeremy days.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UCONN, HUSKIES
UCONN, HUSKIES
UCONN, HUSKIES
HUSKIES, UCONN
WOOF
I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of that chant in the stadium setting, although I've participated in it regularly. It seems like it's often completely completely unrelated to what's happening in the game. On the other hand it's terrific when you're lining up to go into a game, or on the way out. It's just that it often seems misplaced during a game.

Now a deafening U C O N N chant on the other hand after a huge play is, am I somewhat jaded opinion, one of the great cheers in sports. Maybe that's a generational thing though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom