Tyus Battle Enjoys UConn Visit | The Boneyard

Tyus Battle Enjoys UConn Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm waiting for the first player to say he hated his visit.
Its like in sales many people love the presentation but won't write a check. Makes cal look like the best salesman in the world down there as he's getting the 'checks'.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This goes against BY intel -- what to do?!

Reaction Score
He would of said he had a great visit even if it was Central Connecticut. I'm done with keeping up with recruits for now on I'm satisfied who ever signs with us. Let KO do the rest

Reaction Score
He would of said he had a great visit even if it was Central Connecticut. I'm done with keeping up with recruits for now on I'm satisfied who ever signs with us. Let KO do the rest
You may think that you are done following recruits but you will get dragged back in like the rest of us.

Reaction Score
Its like in sales many people love the presentation but won't write a check. Makes cal look like the best salesman in the world down there as he's getting the 'checks'.

You're spot on with this post. Tyus's father, Gary, was a salesman for my company at one time. Gary LOVES to talk, especially when he has something to benefit from it. I'd be surprised if Tyus doesn't end up at KenSucky or Puke, though it's only if they want Tyus. They'll both have other highly ranked 2Gs at his position when Tyus is a Freshman. Puke (M.Jones, G.Allen, L.Kennard) and KenSucky (A.Harrison, D.Booker, C.Matthews & possibly other highly ranked 2G, ie Newman/Blakeney). I can't see the Puke guys leaving early but maybe 1 of the KenSucky guys after this season. Tyus will definitely need to be highly ranked, which he is, but he may need to wait for PT to stand out at each of these schools.

Only spin I can see in UConn's favor is Gary was an All American Division II guard at University of New Haven in the early 1990's, plus he has/had ties to CT for work. That's my spin on things. LOL

Reaction Score
Without clicking on this thread, I knew that it was citing to a Zags article. You would think that he would find a synonym for "enjoy" at some point in his professional career. He's been writing in the English language enough to have been exposed to some word that differs slightly from enjoyed.

pj

Reaction Score
Without clicking on this thread, I knew that it was citing to a Zags article. You would think that he would find a synonym for "enjoy" at some point in his professional career. He's been writing in the English language enough to have been exposed to some word that differs slightly from enjoyed.

He used to use "like" but then he found a pocket thesaurus.

Reaction Score
You're spot on with this post. Tyus's father, Gary, was a salesman for my company at one time. Gary LOVES to talk, especially when he has something to benefit from it. I'd be surprised if Tyus doesn't end up at KenSucky or Puke, though it's only if they want Tyus. They'll both have other highly ranked 2Gs at his position when Tyus is a Freshman. Puke (M.Jones, G.Allen, L.Kennard) and KenSucky (A.Harrison, D.Booker, C.Matthews & possibly other highly ranked 2G, ie Newman/Blakeney). I can't see the Puke guys leaving early but maybe 1 of the KenSucky guys after this season. Tyus will definitely need to be highly ranked, which he is, but he may need to wait for PT to stand out at each of these schools.

Only spin I can see in UConn's favor is Gary was an All American Division II guard at University of New Haven in the early 1990's, plus he has/had ties to CT for work. That's my spin on things. LOL

I graduated from UNH in early 70's and there was a basketball player from Middletown I think named Billy Battle-he was small but could dunk easily at 5'7"!!! Related?
Played at UNH then

Reaction Score
I graduated from UNH in early 70's and there was a basketball player from Middletown I think named Billy Battle-he was small but could dunk easily at 5'7"!!! Related?
Played at UNH then

Billy Battle was legendary in central CT area in the 70's. HOPS beyond belief!

Reaction Score
I'm waiting for the first player to say he hated his visit.

I have no idea how I ended up on this link, but last week for some reason I was curious as to what happened to a guy named Rico Harris who we were recruiting in the mid 90s. In the middle of the article Rico talks about how he really didn't like a visit he took to TCU. I think that's the only time I've seen a recruit say that a visit sucked. On a sadder note, Rico went missing in October.

http://articles.courant.com/1997-05...ketball-rico-harris-options-include-nba-draft

Reaction Score
Played at UNH then

That I don't know. But Gary was an excellent player for UNH (late 80's/early 90's). Gary had a tryout for the Pistons. If there is some kind of Middletown connection, all the better. I believe Gary was from NJ though but could be related.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have no idea how I ended up on this link, but last week for some reason I was curious as to what happened to a guy named Rico Harris who we were recruiting in the mid 90s. In the middle of the article Rico talks about how he really didn't like a visit he took to TCU. I think that's the only time I've seen a recruit say that a visit sucked. On a sadder note, Rico went missing in October.

http://articles.courant.com/1997-05...ketball-rico-harris-options-include-nba-draft

He visited UConn, but they never offered him a scholarship - ended up at Cal State Northridge.

He would have been a terrific college player if he could have kept his s--- in order - 6'9, strong, very tough rebounder.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
But, you forget he got a good look at our guards. Boatright graduates. This kid has himself penciled in for thirty minutes a night. And he is right.

Reaction Score
We sound a little like jilted lovers who must now lower expectations, and so we desperately need to find a mole on a pretty girl that we're on a blind date with.

Reaction Score

It was this kind of thinking that led to a talent abyss for UConn football. To be the best, you need to get your fai share of the ones that the other top programs are after - not be "satisfied with who ever signs with us". Lets follow the Geno approach, and get as many top 20 players as possible, they seem to pan out well.

Reaction Score
It was this kind of thinking that led to a talent abyss for UConn football. To be the best, you need to get your fai share of the ones that the other top programs are after - not be "satisfied with who ever signs with us". Lets follow the Geno approach, and get as many top 20 players as possible, they seem to pan out well.

Good idea, not sure why we don't just sign the top 5 guys each year... That would make things better for sure.

Reaction Score

If we followed the Geno approach we'd be one of only 5-6 teams who recruit in the Top 25 players and that's like shooting fish in a barrel. Not sure it's like that in our world unfortunately.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom