Tyrese Martin Waiver Approved! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin Waiver Approved!

Reaction Score
First thoughts on roles

This team has so many quality bodies with complementary skills we are just going to grind teams into dust in the second half of games. I bet 10 players are going to average 10+ Minutes. The frontcourt minutes will be particularly compressed and matchup based. If Akok is healthy and chooses not to redshirt, I could see Javonte Brown Ferguson redshirting. I mean where do you get minutes if you are him?

Starters(mins)
RJ Cole(30)
Bouk(30)
Jackson(20)
Porkchop/Poppers(20)
Carlton(15)

Bench(role)
Gaffney(First G off bench)
Polley(Shooter)
Martin(defense/rebounding)
Sanogo(Beasting & Feasting)
Akok(Injured)
Adams(All-purpose G)
Javonte Brown Ferguson(Redshirt?)
Don't sleep on Springs

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Dude, college football is going on just fine and there are 150+ people on each sideline. Basketball requires 20 people at most including staff. There will 100% be a season
All I said was I hope there's a season.
I don't pretend to be Nostradamus or know what things will be like when we start. I would say the roster sizes make hoops and football vastly different. Three covid positive guys that get playing time on a basketball roster or even 2 if one is key are killers. There's much less room for error. As student infections continue to rise it will be harder to shield the players. Hopefully schools really clamp down and keep the numbers in check.
Again, I'm just hoping there's a season, just like everyone else is.

Reaction Score
Whaley is a 5. He played 4 because every other 4 was hurt or terrible at basketball. I'd expect some minutes at the 4 just because of our depth at 5 against certain teams. And there's a good shot Akok is still recovering. Springs is the wild card--for sure. If he's improved, he'd play 4 over Whaley.

Sanogo could pitch in at the 4 too. He can't shoot worth a lick but moves the ball well on offense and is fine 15ft in with 1 dribble. Passes out of the high post really well too

I have it on good authority (my imagination) that Whaley put in the work this summer and is going to shoot 38% or better on three's as a continuation of how much he improved on his short game last year. ;)
As to Sanogo, I'm in heaven thinking about how much fun it's going to be to see a bulky, powerful, forward over 6'8" in height, rebounding and powering the ball inside for easy scores on putbacks and layups.

Reaction Score
No way Bouk only plays 25 mpg

I think it's entirely possible nobody plays more than 28 mpg, except maybe in the big games and tournament when we shorten our rotation a bit. Maybe Bouk gets to 30.

Reaction Score
No way Bouk only plays 25 mpg

I agree. The most important sales pich DH has to make is that he got Bouk into the national spotlight and the NBA in two years. Getting to the NBA is the main thing recruits want to hear. He's going to get his PT.

Reaction Score
While I respect Rothstein ..... not sure about his starting 5 to start. Whaley and Carlton most likely I think.
I can’t see Ike not starting. He was the heart and soul of the team at the end of last year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have to assume this pushes Jackson to the bench early on. That’s a good thing. In any event, this team is just so deep now. The second 5 is damned good. Assuming senior Josh starts.

1st
Cole
Bouk
Martin
Whaley
Carlton

2nd
Gaffney
Adams
Jackson
Springs
Sanogo

I‘m missing Polley and Akok b/c we just don’t know. Javonte Brown Ferguson plays some.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Great news!
Bottom line, we have a team full of players capable of earning big minutes.
Just get the chemistry cooking and we are dangerous.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I watched a bunch of URI games after he committed, and while he was pretty streaky, he definitely had some really hot runs from 3. Having a wing who can shoot, defend, and rebound is pretty clutch.

What does "can shoot" mean?

C

Chief00

Martins best skill is rebounding. Same goes for Whaley, Sanogo, Springs, Carlton, Adams. This has the best potential to be the best rebounding team we’ve had in quite a while.
I would have argued a multi positional defender.

C

Chief00

I have to assume this pushes Jackson to the bench early on. That’s a good thing. In any event, this team is just so deep now. The second 5 is damned good. Assuming senior Josh starts.

1st
Cole
Bouk
Martin
Whaley
Carlton

2nd
Gaffney
Adams
Jackson
Springs
Sanogo

I‘m missing Polley and Akok b/c we just don’t know. Javonte Brown Ferguson plays some.

Javonte may be a 1st round pick when he leaves after maybe 3 years.
I don’t think Polley is a medical question mark anymore but Akok still is.
For Polley to get lots of playing time he will really need to knock down 3’s and defend.

Reaction Score
I can’t see Ike not starting. He was the heart and soul of the team at the end of last year.
Definitely. Bouk will lead with his talent, but Porkchop, with his senior status and opportunity to build on what started last year as well as finish it, I see him filling CV’s role in that regard. He was just starting to blossom before our eyes when the season got cut short.

Reaction Score
so is brown gonna redshirt or is it worth playing him <5 mpg? depends if he's a 4 year player or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom