Tyrese Martin Waiver Approved! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin Waiver Approved!

C

Chief00

So Brown ahead of Akok? Interesting.
My NBA projection down the road. Lots can happen in the meantime. I think he potentially has more of a frame for an NBA body. Hopefully, I am underestimating Akok and perhaps if he focuses on the 3 ball that may help him as well. For better or worse, the game is different today, and perhaps Chief hasn’t fully factored that in?

Reaction Score
we got a kentucky lite thing going here. we dont have 5* guys in our second string but we have 4* guys in our 3rd string.

Not rationalization, but I prefer DH's 4* approach. Those are kids who stay 2, maybe 3 years, and grow into NBA-ready players. JC built his legacy, and championships, around that philosophy.

Today's 5* is a crapshoot. At any point before the season starts they could head to the NBA G league or overseas to be paid. After the season, they are often gone. 4* is the right model for today's game in my estimation.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
So you are more of a memory foam kind of guy?
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
So you are more of a memory foam kind of guy?
I am as a matter of fact.. But back to my point.. Seems like some Yarders omit Springs from their commentary and I think we'll be pleasantly surprised with his contributions... Even in the limited minutes he may play in year1 of his college career.. There will be some games this year where we'll be happy to have him coming off the bench..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agreed that Springs is going to be a good player for us, but we have 7 guys fighting for minutes in the frontcourt this year and only 80 minutes available

Reaction Score
Agreed that Springs is going to be a good player for us, but we have 7 guys fighting for minutes in the frontcourt this year and only 80 minutes available
That will be one of DH's biggest challenges this year and years to come.. Managing the minutes and expectations of a deep and talented roster..

Reaction Score
Carlton better pick it up big time.....

Reaction Score
2022 gaining clarity
w/ cole, adams, and martin all scheduled to graduate we should have at least 3 schollys open.
if we replace bouk w/ a grad transfer this summer we'd have 4 schollys open.
and if akok and/or aj go pro after next season we could have 5-6 schollys open!

i'd prefer to replace bouk with a traditional transfer rather than a grad cause 5 open schollys is enough.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2022 gaining clarity. w/ cole, adams, martin all scheduled to graduate we should have at least 3 schollys open. 4 schollys if we replace bouk w/ a grad transfer this summer. 5 schollys if akok or aj go pro after next season.

2022 is going to be humongous. I'd like to see 1 pg 1 big, a big wing (6'6+) that can play 3 or 4 to replace Martin, and the best pure scorer available

Reaction Score
I wager that Adams moves on before 2022, just a thought.

Reaction Score
that would have to mean this is his last year which i don't see even if he graduates early based on Hurley saying he's expecting to start (not that i believe that). adams and cole seem like the natural co-captains for 2021.

Reaction Score
We were worried about having too many players and not enough minutes in 2016-2017 too:(

Reaction Score
I don’t know why people think this. I suppose if he’s buried on the bench he might want to have a larger role at a small school, but I haven’t seen or any heard anything indicating he’s unhappy with his role. He followed Hurley here rather than stay at URI, after all. With Bouknight likely gone after this year, I’d sure love a hard-nosed glue guy like Adams around in 2021-22, especially if he can hit a few more threes.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
I don’t know why people think this. I suppose if he’s buried on the bench he might want to have a larger role at a small school, but I haven’t seen or any heard anything indicating he’s unhappy with his role. He followed Hurley here rather than stay at URI, after all. With Bouknight likely gone after this year, I’d sure love a hard-nosed glue guy like Adams around in 2021-22, especially if he can hit a few more threes.
IIRC he’s trying to complete his degree in three years, so possibly moves on to grad school or life in the real world after the season.

Reaction Score
IIRC he’s trying to complete his degree in three years, so possibly moves on to grad school or life in the real world after the season.
I’ve heard that he might be able to graduate in three years. I just think that if we have the season I think we can have in 2021-22, he might want to hang around Storrs for another year.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree with any of what you guys said, but I just think while he's a useful piece off the bench if he does complete his degree in 3 years he'll want to go try to be "the guy" somewhere rather than get 8 minutes a game here.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
I’ve heard that he might be able to graduate in three years. I just think that if we have the season I think we can have in 2021-22, he might want to hang around Storrs for another year.
Suppose it just depends on what his motivations are. Hopefully we give him a reason to consider sticking around for a 4th year. Would think he'd make a great senior leader regardless of his role.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
...he'll want to go try to be "the guy" somewhere rather than get 8 minutes a game here.
Then why did he effectively come here from Rhody? Why trade up than down?

Reaction Score
At the time it was a lateral move, to follow the coach that recruited him. Now...

Reaction Score
Thought this was probably the case. Thanks URI!

The NCAA’s decision to grant a waiver allowing Tyrese Martin, transfer from Rhode Island, to play without sitting a year at UConn was based in part on URI’s support. In past cases, where waivers were denied, former schools were not as supportive of the application.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom