Tyler Polley | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley

Reaction Score
I think Whaley and Polley will be good guys to have coming off of the bench. They’re both very passive by nature, but aren’t selfish and don’t force shots.

Think some of this was the fact that both could have benefitted by redshirting. Think they will both look more confident next year

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Polley needs to work a lot on defense but first he needs to put some muscle on that frame.
On offense he needs to move more and make some cuts to the basket off the ball. At the Temple game I heard KO and Kich deploring to do so and he started to but the bigger Temple guys were bumping him off and forcing him away from the basket. When he came out KO went over to him and was showing him how to move around them. When he went back in he tried it and was having better success but he again, after about 3 minutes, became a statue. KO yelled at him to move and he began running like a chicken with his head cut off. The kid has potential but needs to mature and get comfortable. I like his shooting form but needs to be consistent.
Whalley is one kid who I thought would improve a lot but his propensity to pick up multiple fouls in very short periods of time gives him a very short leash. He is athletic and I do see good things in the future but needs to be much more disciplined. I notice that Kevin F spends quite a bit of time with him while on the bench - pointing things out to both Whalley and to Diarra

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I think Whaley and Polley will be good guys to have coming off of the bench. They’re both very passive by nature, but aren’t selfish and don’t force shots.

We need less guys who force shots.

Whaley has some things to work on, but frankly the fact that no one knows how to just use their bodies to create offense is baffling.

Just watch Jameel Warney in his conference title game. Guy was making a living just moving around getting his body into the right positions for baskets.

Not all interior post offense is dump it into the post and watch a big guy do his thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom