Tyler Polley | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Deserves his own thread. Kid is 6/6 from three the last two games. Might want to get him back in the starting lineup next game, he's out scored Anderson twice coming off the bench. His floor spacing should help Adams and Vital drive against Cincy, and it's not like there's any point in starting two of our below average bigs.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Polley is coming along. Needs more minutes for sure. I don't know if I would like to see Anderson sit right away. He has broken out of his slump and is burying a couple of threes at the right moment. Small contributions at much needed time. Our big"s against Cincy is feeding time.Would love to bring that 3 point shooting to Ohio.

Reaction Score
100%. Needs to tighten up his D but can't do that on the bench.

I've been behind Ollie getting another year but his rotations are driving me nuts. Have to see more Polley and give Kwintin a shot. If their D leads to consecutive opponent buckets then yank them but it's not like he's sitting world-beaters to get them minutes.

Reaction Score
Starting seems to be the kiss of death for our young. But More Tyler less 3 guard ( @Chief00 I mean small guards) and more KW and EC less DO. But I believe KO promised big Dave minutes if he came here. It’s the only reasonable explanation

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Starting seems to be the kiss of death for our young. But More Tyler less 3 guard ( @Chief00 I mean small guards) and more KW and EC less DO. But I believe KO promised big Dave minutes if he came here. It’s the only reasonable explanation
Big Dave is a Cornell grad with no game. The only reason he should be here is for whatever grad program he is pursuing.

Reaction Score
100%. Needs to tighten up his D but can't do that on the bench.

I've been behind Ollie getting another year but his rotations are driving me nuts. Have to see more Polley and give Kwintin a shot. If their D leads to consecutive opponent buckets then yank them but it's not like he's sitting world-beaters to get them minutes.
Polley's d on Williams was actually quite good in the second half. Moves his feet well and has great length against smaller players. Loved his tenacity on d today and hit that key 3 off of an Anderson feed.

Reaction Score
Big Dave is a Cornell grad with no game. The only reason he should be here is for whatever grad program he is pursuing.
Yeah, I don't see what Dave O gives to this team. Also, why did it take KO so long to take him out when we were protecting the lead. David O must be doing some great favor for KO to play. He is an awful basketball player who should never see the floor.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't see what Dave O gives to this team. Also, why did it take KO so long to take him out when we were protecting the lead. David O must be doing some great favor for KO to play. He is an awful basketball player who should never see the floor.

He is not very good.

That being said, every other guy gets pushed around out there.

Not fun watching the Russian guy (assume he's Russian) back down our guys for easy hook shots.

Reaction Score
He is not very good.

That being said, every other guy gets pushed around out there.

Not fun watching the Russian guy (assume he's Russian) back down our guys for easy hook shots.
Yeah, and we have no inside coming to help us next year. We will have to play small ball next year too. Hopefully we can get some more guards. I would like to see 6 of them knowing that Gilbert is not a sure thing to play the whole season for us.

Reaction Score
I did notice it seemed like Dave was making it hard for them to post up, we might not be noticing how his size may bother the opposing bigs.

If UConn only gave up 60 points for the game then fine I would buy this. They just let ECU score 80 points on them, the defense was bad so might as well just put better players in that will be here next year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If UConn only gave up 60 points for the game then fine I would buy this. They just let ECU score 80 points on them, the defense was bad so might as well just put better players in that will be here next year.
I agree, just wish Carlton gave us more.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah, and we have no inside coming to help us next year. We will have to play small ball next year too. Hopefully we can get some more guards. I would like to see 6 of them knowing that Gilbert is not a sure thing to play the whole season for us.

I don't know if he'll be any good, but Kisunas looks like a solid body. Kwinton should be getting minutes over most guys too, and he's solid.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He's a freshman. He's going to be really good for this team.

Just compare him to other unheralded bigs who have done well and succeeded. Many of them showed us less as freshman.

Gavin Edwards or Hilton Armstrong, etc.

Need someone to develop him.

Reaction Score
I don't know if he'll be any good, but Kisunas looks like a solid body. Kwinton should be getting minutes over most guys too, and he's solid.
Kwintin solid? Maybe serviceable as he really doesn’t have any real basketball skills. The only guy who looks good is Carlton and polley. These weee the guys on board early that Ollie wanted before he got desperate and starts reaching for guys up front.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Kwintin solid? Maybe serviceable as he really doesn’t have any real basketball skills. The only guy who looks good is Carlton and polley. These weee the guys on board early that Ollie wanted before he got desperate and starts reaching for guys up front.

I meant a 'solid frame'. Was speaking about the size of the guys earlier in the thread. I do think KW has something to offer though. If he could only get on the court. Maybe he turns into a Marcus White eventually. Who knows? It ain't happening from the pine. Diarra has something to offer. EOD it comes down to getting them some coaching and being put into the right position to be successful.

Reaction Score
I meant a 'solid frame'. I do think he has something to offer though. If he could only get on the court. Maybe he turns into a Marcus White. Who knows. It ain't happening from the pine.
DO and EC have solid frames and they have looked lost out there especially on defense.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
DO and EC have solid frames and they have looked lost out there especially on defense.

That's going to come down to coaching though. Not so much DO, but with EC. I edited my post above to include that.

I mean, EC and the others are only freshman. We've rarely had good freshman bigs. It's tough to get good freshman bigs for the vast majority of teams.

I'm not pretending these guys are world beaters, but I do think there's some upside. Could be very solid role players.

Reaction Score
That's going to come down to coaching though. Not so much DO, but with EC. I edited my post above to include that.

I mean, EC and the others are only freshman. We've rarely had good freshman bigs. It's tough to get good freshman bigs for the vast majority of teams.

I'm not pretending these guys are world beaters, but I do think there's some upside. Could be very solid role players.
Isn’t EC a junior college transfer? Either way we need to get better talent up front with skill sets coming in and not all these projects.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Isn’t EC a junior college transfer? Either way we need to get better talent up front with skill sets coming in and not all these projects.

In my head, I read "Eric Carlton", forgetting that his name is Josh. Eric Carlton is somebody I used to know.

In response to them not knowing what to do, I think that's par for the course on this team. They have no cohesive plan on D. I just don't get it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom