Tyler Polley | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That's on Ollie's recruiting philosophy, Calhoun always had a team full of grown man bodies, even in down years.
I think he's realized it getting cobb, carlton, even diarra. he did get brown which was good he bailed on him after, also was in the running for stone and bamba right? i think he'll get some really nice big men soon

Reaction Score
My comments on him being skinny in no way means I don't like him. I'm actually really excited about Polley. Looks like a he could be really versatile for us. Good handle, smooth looking jumper. Could be the missing pick and pop guy we've needed since Daniels left.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm interested to see how much or how little he develops. He has physical good traits for a 3.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
My comments on him being skinny in no way means I don't like him. I'm actually really excited about Polley. Looks like a he could be really versatile for us. Good handle, smooth looking jumper. Could be the missing pick and pop guy we've needed since Daniels left.

Actually, he isn't nearly as spindly as I thought he might be. I was expecting Jeff King 2.0

Reaction Score
His rating is dropping like a rock. I have zero expectations he can play and contribute as a Frosh.

Most of us wished we looked like Polley when we were 18
He will become bigger but again - looks like he has a really neat handle for a kid his size

Reaction Score
Yeah, Tatum, Ball, Fultz, Fox, Monk, Bam, Jackson, Bridges, Dennis Smith, Isaac

What other great Frosh weren't rated really high?

The other guys take longer to develop typically

Rankings are always right ?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yeah, Tatum, Ball, Fultz, Fox, Monk, Bam, Jackson, Bridges, Dennis Smith, Isaac

What other great Frosh weren't rated really high?

The other guys take longer to develop typically

JSM, do you have any insight as to why KO refused to sign any of the players you mentioned?

Reaction Score
I think he passed on Jackson and Tatum to get VJ for 2-3 years

Honestly, UConn is a mid-major now in a sense, they have to act like that.

Saying Vital is an elite Frosh is just silly. Maybe as a JR he'll be a really good contributor on a veteran team.

JSM, do you have any insight as to why KO refused to sign any of the players you mentioned?

Reaction Score
Until he struggles next year and you say he sucks.
Add some basketball insight just once and then you can be critical of me. Just one post that shows you know anything about the sport so I know you aren't an idiot or a 10 year old. I point out flaws in our team and our coaching when I see them and I praise our team and coaching when they deserve to be praised. I said this was the worst team we've had in 30 years and pointed out areas where Ollie needs to improve and got killed for it while posters patted themselves on the back and said we would win the AAC tournament again because that's what we do. All you post is little one word critical responses to everything you don't agree with, try and add some content for a change.

Reaction Score
Rip (and Walter Ray) had motors unlike almost any players in college bball ever. Watching them run baseline to find screens and get open looks from the corner was something you never see and we got it twice. Kemba and Bazz had motors; but totally different. Ray was skinny - ish into year 3 of the NBA.

Rip was skinny, but strong - the rest of that team was muscled-up as well. All of those guys got bigger over the years. They had a great strength and condition program back in those days.

But I would say from about 2010 on, it's been an issue.

Reaction Score
Watched YouTube mix tapes of Polley and I saw a skilled 6'8" player. He has a midrange jumper, a smooth 3 pt shot, and can attack the basket. Handle is above avg for a player that size. Mix tapes don't show whether a player can rebound or play D, but what I did see I liked.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Polley won't contribute much besides being a warm body year 1. He will be a major piece by his upperclassman years. Hoping he's our Nigel Hayes.

Reaction Score
I think he passed on Jackson and Tatum to get VJ for 2-3 years

Honestly, UConn is a mid-major now in a sense, they have to act like that.

Saying Vital is an elite Frosh is just silly. Maybe as a JR he'll be a really good contributor on a veteran team.

They are doing a pretty damn bad job of acting like a mid-major. You do realize that UCONN has more "talent" in terms of recruiting rankings than 90 percent of the teams in this tournament, right? We aren't going to recruit guys over Duke and UK. Put that to rest. But please do not take these recruiting "misses" as being indicative of where we stand in terms of attractiveness to recruits. The tournament is littered with coaches who would absolutely love to have someone like Vance Jackson.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Good size, nice high release and seems like a smooth athlete. Hope we can redshirt him next year, like Wisconsin & Nova do with a few of their kids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom