Tyler Polley is our biggest shot maker and one of our most talented players | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley is our biggest shot maker and one of our most talented players

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
5 rebounds that has to be a career high

Reaction Score
He was big time today, that run was awesome. Hurley said he wants Polley shooting 8 threes a game. If he can make 40% of those, that would be absolutely huge.

Reaction Score
People here gave Polley crap after going 1-for-5 on threes in the SHU game, but he's yet to take bad looking three point shot this year.

They can't all go in, but none of his missed shots have been because they were bad choices. Polley became a much smarter shooter towards the middle of last year and it's good to see that sustain into this year.

Reaction Score
No doubt some big shots but he played very good defense also which many had him basically awful at. Keep shooting as 32 said above he's a good shooter so more open looks for him are big. He will get even more looks if and when AG starts converting some shots and opens the floor.

Happy with 5 rebounds but he had a chance for 2-3 others he needed to tough out. He's getting there.

Reaction Score
The best thing about Polley yesterday is that he got a lot of momentum and emotion going. The commentator said we were a team that played on emotion - which is good when it’s high, bad when it’s low.
Hurley kind of feeds that because he’s an emotional guy.
But Polley got it going.

Reaction Score
Polley may have just played his most aggressive and confident game off his career. It’s early but
Tyler Phommachanh 12.7 ppg 3.7 rbg
V Jackson 6.8. / 3.8
Plus Tyler is shooting 47% from 3.
The more open shots he gets the better our team will look. Adding JB to the mix makes me giddy. Plus I expect Akok to be a option offensively as the season progresses. This team if focused will be a tournament team.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Can I tamper some of the optimism here with two words -- Saint Joseph's. One respectable game over a struggling team doesn't make a season. Are the bad habits vanquished or just lurking, waiting to stick their ugly heads up at the worst possible times. But, I'm encouraged that perhaps, perhaps we have turned a corner.

Reaction Score
Can I tamper some of the optimism here with two words -- Saint Joseph's. One respectable game over a struggling team doesn't make a season. Are the bad habits vanquished or just lurking, waiting to stick their ugly heads up at the worst possible times. But, I'm encouraged that perhaps, perhaps we have turned a corner.
Like Cuse last year, this won’t be a quality win. Florida is terrible. But this game wasn’t about the opponent, it was about the team. They embraced all aspects of the game and now see the beauty of playing together. But will Bouknight’s Rothstein-hyped talent reduce everyone back to hero ball (especially CV)? Hope not. CV isn’t Myles Powell (similar measurements and greatest strength[shooting]), but doesn’t have to be. But yesterday’s leadership was exactly how he needs to play.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Polley was oooooozzzzing confidence during the game. That can go a long way towards the teams success this year.

This is the thing I was most impressed with regarding Polley. He was such a wilting flower most of his first two years.

He looked like he was begging for the ball yesterday. Good to see.

Hopefully a few more rebounds will fall into his lap cause that helps haha

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I don't know about tampering expectations (unless you are expecting tournament success), but I still don't think we know what we have until we play someone decent.

Reaction Score
Sorry but as a BYer we are required to exaggerate both wins and loses. But seriously I expected after 3 games we’d be 2&1. I’m happy one of the 2 wins came against Florida. This was a game in the past 5 years we lose down the stretch.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
People here gave Polley crap after going 1-for-5 on threes in the SHU game, but he's yet to take bad looking three point shot this year.

They can't all go in, but none of his missed shots have been because they were bad choices. Polley became a much smarter shooter towards the middle of last year and it's good to see that sustain into this year.

Who was giving him crap? If he takes good shots, I'm happy to have him shooting. The same for CV. They are currently our best threats from the perimeter. hopefully Bouk adds to that.

Reaction Score

Agree it needs to be tempered. As I said in another post we need to see that intensity all year can't just be for the white outs. They need to know who they are and the only way they can be successful is play hard for 40.

Reaction Score
He shot well Wednesday night too which made it maddening to see Gilbert trying to shoot his way out of a slump and not acknowledge the hot hand.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Reminder:
Hurley's post-game press conference opening words were pretty much, "Year two, game 3 of a rebuild." He then added that his first words after the previous game were, "Year 2, game 2 of a rebuild."

This week will offer more clues, but there's not really enough to discern a predictable pattern for the season just yet, no matter how much some people want to do this.

Reaction Score
He was big time today, that run was awesome. Hurley said he wants Polley shooting 8 threes a game. If he can make 40% of those, that would be absolutely huge.
He wouldnt have to tell me twice. Id make sure I had that many by the half ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom