Tyler Polley--Duncan Robinson? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley--Duncan Robinson?

Reaction Score
Stat line of the year for Polley

View attachment 63441
This stat line is why he’s EXCELLENT off the bench, but I am not going to be one to scream from the rooftops for him to start. If he’s out there hooping like he is now, play him till he’s tired. But if he comes off the bench and it isn’t falling, sitting for a while shouldn’t crush his confidence

Reaction Score
The off the dribble 3's are new this year. Let's see if they keep falling. That's an extremely difficult skill. Basically only Steph and Lillard can hit those consistently in the world. Harden, Beal, Lillard, and Tatum can do a 1 dribble stepback 3 consistently. But he's doing a full crossover pull-up. That's basically impossible to shoot 40%+ on. Let's get him more semi-transition wing 3's, eh?

Reaction Score
Chief00 wasn't that focused on his defense today, but it did not look like he got beat by the player he was defending. If so, that is a plus.

Hard to figure why he had zero rebounds. Akok did not play that much and it was his first game back. Springs did not play at all.

Chief00 guess on the defensive end, he likes to get out on a break so he can get in position to catch a pass and shoot it. On the offensive end, maybe he figures he will get in Whaley's or Sanogo's way, if he goes to the basket when a shot is taken. Chief00 am not being his apologist here about this statistic. It is puzzling since long rebounds do happen and even guards get them. But, against Butler, he did a coast to coast on a rebound, so if there is a will, there is a way.

Chief00 will say he doesn't just heave up shots every time he gets the ball. He more or less waits for a good look. So that is a plus for him.

Until he ballooned in the second half of last year, CV would just heave up shots. Chief00 think Purvis did that too. So then, Polley seems to be more discreet about shot selection. A high volume shooter with a low percentage is not a plus.
I wrote the above post and somehow Chief00 got substituted for the word "I." How did this happen?

Some current or retired IT person practicing new skills, or other skills, eh? Or somebody got into my posting and did a Find and Replace?

Hope somebody else did not steal my briefs? I will check my bureau drawers. They are not red.

Reaction Score
Chief00 wrote the above post and somehow Chief00 got substituted for the word "Chief00." How did this happen?

Some current or retired IT person practicing new skills, or other skills, eh? Or somebody got into my posting and did a Find and Replace?

Hope somebody else did not steal my briefs? Chief00 will check my bureau drawers. They are not red.
Well, it happened again this moment.

Reaction Score
Was wondering what was happening here. Find/replace to always speak in the 3rd person?
Is someone else willing to do a test post using the "I," to see if this is what is happening?

Reaction Score
I think Polley is good but let's calm down with the every UConn player is going to the NBA after a good game talk

Reaction Score
I mostly just wanted to see if I turned into Chief00 with that post. But it seems like it's working fine
Thank you all for the test posts. Now I will see if I am still me.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I generally don't jump on the NBA bandwagon but if Polley keeps this up, he'll have a helluva shot to get drafted. Teams will drool over 6'9" with a decent handle and can shoot the three. If the season ended today, he would get invited to a bunch of training camps this summer at the very least.

Obviously Hilty was a different type of player but he didn't start to flourish until his senior year so it's not unprecedented, though the draft is slanted toward younger players these days.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Could this be what happened to grey goose? So maybe grey goose is not cheif either?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Tyrese Martin briefly interviewed after the Butler game and asked about his teammate:

"Tyler Polley is a bad man."

Reaction Score
The off the dribble 3's are new this year. Let's see if they keep falling. That's an extremely difficult skill. Basically only Steph and Lillard can hit those consistently in the world. Harden, Beal, Lillard, and Tatum can do a 1 dribble stepback 3 consistently. But he's doing a full crossover pull-up. That's basically impossible to shoot 40%+ on. Let's get him more semi-transition wing 3's, eh?
I hear you but Shabazz hit them consistently, he lived off of them and shot it at 40% his last two years at UConn.

Reaction Score
I hear you but Shabazz hit them consistently, he lived off of them and shot it at 40% his last two years at UConn.
Exception that proves the rule, I'd say. But you're right that it's not strictly those 2 outside the NBA. I actually found the stat, Shabazz took 60% of his 3's his senior year off the dribble. Outrageous.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Why did i miss this when it was originally posted lmao. Duncan Robinson?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Every game i am waiting for him to replay the Marquette display and its not happening. Without Bouk, need his 3p shooting to be on in order to beat decent teams.

Reaction Score
Duncan did not have a great college career at Michigan ---I think avg 10 points 1 year. They are similar 6-9 190-200 great pure 3 point shots role playing 3 point shooters. The game was great for many reasons last night but I think the main thing it showed is a true secondary scoring option with some nba type role talent there
Not today

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom