Tyler Polley--Duncan Robinson? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley--Duncan Robinson?

Reaction Score
Polley was nonexistent in the first half , had a stellar 2nd half. Needs to be consistent to be even considered in the NBA.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Can we relax with the straight to the NBA? Whaley and Polley have clearly worked hard in their time here and are valuable pieces to the team, but you do not jump from non mention to the NBA. Both are already at a level to play in highly competitive overseas leagues. Obviously they are not afraid to work so there is the possibility of the NBA down the road, but slim and still lots of refining of skills to make it. Hats off to both of them though. Nothing to be ashamed of if you are good enough to play for years overseas and just not quite there for the NBA.

Reaction Score
Well, you can say "he didn't play well" or you can acknowledge that he was coming off a 10-month layoff due to a broken knee and needed a few games to reacclimate. Of course, if you acknowledged the latter, it would limit the number of negatives you could hang on it.
I acknowledge that he missed time with a “broken knee”. Just find it funny that you arbitrarily considered his 5 bad games the warm up & his 1good game the “he’s back.” Had this not happened for another 5 games, would he have been 2 back to back great games with 10 games as warmup? It’s ok to acknowledge he is looking more and more comfortable without throwing in a odd hot take

Reaction Score
It's hard to say he's found his consistency when he didn't score for the first 25 minutes of the game and his shot looked incredibly off.

But he was legitimately great in the 2nd half. An out of body on fire experience. He seems to be still in the "needs to see one go through the hoop" phase of his career, which is disappointing from a senior.

I think we still continue starting Martin and then ride Polley if he makes his first shot.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I don't think this is fair to Polley.

He was developing his game after coming in very raw. We thought he was ging to break out last year, as he put some games together like this one, and then he tore his ACL.

He is still coming back from that. He can go on a Deandre Daniels type run here for the next 2 months, and it would've been what we saw from him last year prior to getting hurt.

How can we say Polley is inconsistent when the guy tore his ACL?
The Daniels comparison is very interesting. He became unstoppable. Polley will need the reps. AKok will too. How do you see the starting lineup shaking out, with an improved and hungry Carlton too?

Reaction Score
Seems something has clicked to me. He was very good today. Uconn probably doesn't win if he scores under 8...

Reaction Score
Can we stop doing this? When one player has a great game, everyone throws out the rest of their career and acts like this is how they always play. People do this with Carlton too. Polley had an incredible game, yes, but he’s never consistent. His whole career has been inconsistency and he hasn’t improved. Hopefully he builds off of last nights game and ends the year like Vital
Your shouting into a hurricane. You know how we are here.

Reaction Score
I just want to see 'this' Polley and Bouk get married on the Court and ball together happily ever after.

Reaction Score
How about Polley giving us a consistent string of games with 40-45% 3 point shooting %.. Then we can talk next level.. In the mean time.. Keep doing your thing for us...

Has a sweet stroke as long as his teammates find him in his spots.. Still getting his points off of his own moves..All good..

Reaction Score
Stat line of the year for Polley

B13DDD31-E247-48FF-A1BB-201547B64E19.jpeg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How about Polley giving us a consistent string of games with 40-45% 3 point shooting %.. Then we can talk next level.. In the mean time.. Keep doing your thing for us...

Has a sweet stroke as long as his teammates find him in his spots.. Still getting his points off of his own moves..All good..

He shot over 40% for the year as a sophomore and as a junior and is now over 50% this year.

You realize shooting 40% doesn't mean you do it every game, correct?

Reaction Score
He shot over 40% for the year as a sophomore and as a junior and is now over 50% this year.

You realize shooting 40% doesn't mean you do it every game, correct?
Correct.. Come on Chin..I may be casual but I'm not dumb..Know what I'm sayin' Bro??

Everyone is excited about Tyler Phommachanh's trending this year.. Let's keep delivering when the Big Boys are on the floor.. That's what get's you to the Next Level..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If the shots aren’t falling he’s not helping out with anything else.
I wasn't that focused on his defense today, but it did not look like he got beat by the player he was defending. If so, that is a plus.

Hard to figure why he had zero rebounds. Akok did not play that much and it was his first game back. Springs did not play at all.

I guess on the defensive end, he likes to get out on a break so he can get in position to catch a pass and shoot it. On the offensive end, maybe he figures he will get in Whaley's or Sanogo's way, if he goes to the basket when a shot is taken. I am not being his apologist here about this statistic. It is puzzling since long rebounds do happen and even guards get them. But, against Butler, he did a coast to coast on a rebound, so if there is a will, there is a way.

I will say he doesn't just heave up shots every time he gets the ball. He more or less waits for a good look. So that is a plus for him.

Until he ballooned in the second half of last year, CV would just heave up shots. I think Purvis did that too. So then, Polley seems to be more discreet about shot selection. A high volume shooter with a low percentage is not a plus.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Can we stop doing this? When one player has a great game, everyone throws out the rest of their career and acts like this is how they always play. People do this with Carlton too. Polley had an incredible game, yes, but he’s never consistent. His whole career has been inconsistency and he hasn’t improved. Hopefully he builds off of last nights game and ends the year like Vital

1610249230720.png

Until the World balances out I have no issue with anyone seeing this glass as overflowing.

Reaction Score
If the shots aren’t falling he’s not helping out with anything else.
True in terms of rebounding and passing but his defense seems good and his role on this team is as a shooter and he's an excellent shooter. If he isn't shooting he shouldn't be playing but he has the ultimate green light and should be shooting 9-10 threes per game.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Polley is creating his own shot this year which is something he hasn't shown before. If he can continue to do this he will be lethal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom