Tyler Polley commits to UConn! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley commits to UConn!

Reaction Score
As someone already said, he'll be a bench player his freshman year and by his senior year we'll love him. He'll be going up against JD and MD every day in practice which will really help his game.

Reaction Score
i think five star Kevin Knox was playing with USA u17 during peach jam. So he was more of a focal point for his Aau team.

Not true, Knox was at Peach Jam. He was on one of the All Tournament teams.

I think the increase in PT for Polley at Peach Jam is probably a combination of people realizing Polley is better than anticipated (which is consistent with the Corey Evans analysis posted in one of these threads) and the unreliability of EYBL stats (in 2 pre-Peach Jam games they credit Polley with a game played but 0 minutes played and 0 stats; meanwhile, in one of the Peach Jam games they have him with 0 points on 10-13 shooting, and in another of the Peach Jam games they have him with 14 points on 0-0 shooting).

Reaction Score
I'm not naming names. Just sayin' if you can't string three words together properly, might not want to advertise it, these kids are going to college and all. It looks bad when a kid clearly can't write at a 3rd grade level and he is announcing his commitment to a highly competive university.

I'm not saying I don't want 5 Star players, just saying, I like a kid like this. He takes pride in the job he's done and he cares enough about the honor he is receiving not to mock the process by writing an announcement that baffles most grown adults.

Seems you did everything you could to bring up race without actually using the word itself. Not accusing you of anything, this is just probably a more nuanced issue than this post allows for...it's hardly fool-proof to gauge intelligence by the vernacular featured in a personalized statement.

Reaction Score
Can this kid dunk? I didn't watch the whole video but it seems he takes layups when most others would jam it.

I like kids who don't worry too much about the glitter of the dunk. Why don't we ask the question when we see highlights of a kid who dunks 90% in his video, "can he make a foul line jumper or a 3 all I see is dunks".

Guessing he can but he takes what he can get and I'm good with that.

pj

Reaction Score
Remember watching Edmund Saunders when I was a kid at the boys club. He was 6'8 then and he couldn't dunk.

He had small hands and often lost the ball on his way up. But he could dunk from as early as I watched him.

Reaction Score
This is a very good 2 year stretch. Seems like we've had extra scholarships the last couple years. I like that KO is filling those holes.

Reaction Score
I like kids who don't worry too much about the glitter of the dunk. Why don't we ask the question when we see highlights of a kid who dunks 90% in his video, "can he make a foul line jumper or a 3 all I see is dunks".

Guessing he can but he takes what he can get and I'm good with that.

Watch the summer mixtape...he can definitely dunk and does it multiple times in the video. The first video just happened to show a lot of layups.

Reaction Score
This is a very good 2 year stretch. Seems like we've had extra scholarships the last couple years. I like that KO is filling those holes.
There's a pretty good chance we'll have open scholarships again next year, unless Bamba and Diallo both come here. We now have 2 open spots for 2017 but also only the same 2 open for 2018

Reaction Score
Seems you did everything you could to bring up race without actually using the word itself. Not accusing you of anything, this is just probably a more nuanced issue than this post allows for...it's hardly fool-proof to gauge intelligence by the vernacular featured in a personalized statement.

No, I didn't. There are all kinds of dumb, white athletes too. Ryan Lochte comes to mind. Football is loaded with them. My experience with pro hockey players (I've been around tons of them) has been that many lack class and many are very poorly educated. I will say that I am against athletes that can't possibly handle real college getting full scholarships to great schools just for the sake of winning, regardless of race.

I pointed out that this kid seems to have it together and that he shows maturity and wisdom beyond his years and it is racist? No. I was just impressed that he took the time to work through his announcement in the notes app on his phone and made sure it clearly represented his thoughts and feelings.

For what it's worth, pretty sure I shared a plane with this kid and his family Labor Day weekend. Seemed very nice, polite and family oriented.

Reaction Score
R- 98, 4 star
S-82, 4 star
24-157, 3 star
ESPN - unranked 3 star

Take it for what it's worth.
When did you look those up? Scout has him as an unranked 3 star. There is no way they dropped him after he committed to us. That just never happens so you must have posted old information. Having said that, the chart on 247 shows his ranking dropping steadily for quite a while. Maybe scout is just catching up.

Reaction Score
Watch the summer mixtape...he can definitely dunk and does it multiple times in the video. The first video just happened to show a lot of layups.

Seems like he knows when to lay it up and when to dunk. That's a good quality not all have. Well, at least his mixtapes don't show the flubs. I bet some of it has to do with his confidence rising this summer, not afraid to flush it.

Reaction Score
There's a pretty good chance we'll have open scholarships again next year, unless Bamba and Diallo both come here. We now have 2 open spots for 2017 but also only the same 2 open for 2018
agreed, but the trend is in the right direction. I like classes of 3 and 4 freshman vs 1 and 2 new players (which includes grad transfers).

Reaction Score
Seems like saying "not accusing you of anything" after you accuse someone is really accusing. But then it's hardly fool-proof to gauge what someone says by what they actually say.

Reaction Score
When did you look those up? Scout has him as an unranked 3 star. There is no way they dropped him after he committed to us. That just never happens so you must have posted old information. Having said that, the chart on 247 shows his ranking dropping steadily for quite a while. Maybe scout is just catching up.
His scout profile doesn't show his ranking update for some reason. But here's your proof...
image.png

Reaction Score
Not true, Knox was at Peach Jam. He was on one of the All Tournament teams.

I think the increase in PT for Polley at Peach Jam is probably a combination of people realizing Polley is better than anticipated (which is consistent with the Corey Evans analysis posted in one of these threads) and the unreliability of EYBL stats (in 2 pre-Peach Jam games they credit Polley with a game played but 0 minutes played and 0 stats; meanwhile, in one of the Peach Jam games they have him with 0 points on 10-13 shooting, and in another of the Peach Jam games they have him with 14 points on 0-0 shooting).

Your right Knox was there. Found an article were Polley says he was hurt in spring and didn't play a lot.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If you actually go to that link he shows up as a 3 star, but in the post below you can see Corey Evans talking about how he fell out of their rankings but will be moving back into the top 100 at the next update because he had a great summer.

2017 Recruiting: - PF Tyler Polley (UConn Offer)
That's for Hoopseen (my screenshot was scout) but still holds true to his rising in rankings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom