Tyler Polley commits to UConn!

Discussion in 'UConn Men's Basketball' started by Matrim55, Sep 20, 2016.

1. king conn

king conn

FWIW, the new Lindys I just bought today has him ranked higher than MAL (67 vs.69)

fleudslipcon, Ricker and WideRight! like this.
  2. David 76

David 76 Forty years a fan

Congratulations Tyler! Welcome to UConn. I believe you will earn a ring here.

3. caw

caw

R- 98, 4 star
    S-82, 4 star
    24-157, 3 star
    ESPN - unranked 3 star

Take it for what it's worth.

James and Ricker like this.
  4. JimOllie

JimOllie

As someone already said, he'll be a bench player his freshman year and by his senior year we'll love him. He'll be going up against JD and MD every day in practice which will really help his game.

5. selles

selles

Not true, Knox was at Peach Jam. He was on one of the All Tournament teams.

I think the increase in PT for Polley at Peach Jam is probably a combination of people realizing Polley is better than anticipated (which is consistent with the Corey Evans analysis posted in one of these threads) and the unreliability of EYBL stats (in 2 pre-Peach Jam games they credit Polley with a game played but 0 minutes played and 0 stats; meanwhile, in one of the Peach Jam games they have him with 0 points on 10-13 shooting, and in another of the Peach Jam games they have him with 14 points on 0-0 shooting).

6. champs99and04

champs99and04

Seems you did everything you could to bring up race without actually using the word itself. Not accusing you of anything, this is just probably a more nuanced issue than this post allows for...it's hardly fool-proof to gauge intelligence by the vernacular featured in a personalized statement.

7. uconnbill

uconnbill Regular Poster

A very nice pick up for UConn and I want to welcome Tyler to Storrs.

HCKO is doing the job and hopefully, can pull in HD

8. uchusky32

uchusky32

Welcome to Husky nation!

Huskies4ever and mauconnfan like this.
  9. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

I like kids who don't worry too much about the glitter of the dunk. Why don't we ask the question when we see highlights of a kid who dunks 90% in his video, "can he make a foul line jumper or a 3 all I see is dunks".

Guessing he can but he takes what he can get and I'm good with that.

10. WTBYCT31

WTBYCT31

Remember watching Edmund Saunders when I was a kid at the boys club. He was 6'8 then and he couldn't dunk.

11. pj

pj

He had small hands and often lost the ball on his way up. But he could dunk from as early as I watched him.

Huskies4ever and Beaner like this.
  12. UConnStats

UConnStats

Alford buyer's remorse?

I kid, but this goes in the face of many people's reactive posts when a kid decommits or transfers. He may not have seen a fit anymore, but Prince Ali probably helped us here when he could've spoken ill about UConn. Pretty classy for an 18 year old who had a rough year.

13. Matrim55

Matrim55 Why is it so hard To make it in America

I played against him when I was in 8th grade and he was in 6th, and he dunked right on my head.

14. NDakotaHusky

NDakotaHusky

This is a very good 2 year stretch. Seems like we've had extra scholarships the last couple years. I like that KO is filling those holes.

Huskies4ever likes this.
  15. Mooch82

Mooch82

Watch the summer mixtape...he can definitely dunk and does it multiple times in the video. The first video just happened to show a lot of layups.

mauconnfan likes this.
  16. navery12

navery12

There's a pretty good chance we'll have open scholarships again next year, unless Bamba and Diallo both come here. We now have 2 open spots for 2017 but also only the same 2 open for 2018

Ricker likes this.
  17. Hoophound

Hoophound

No, I didn't. There are all kinds of dumb, white athletes too. Ryan Lochte comes to mind. Football is loaded with them. My experience with pro hockey players (I've been around tons of them) has been that many lack class and many are very poorly educated. I will say that I am against athletes that can't possibly handle real college getting full scholarships to great schools just for the sake of winning, regardless of race.

I pointed out that this kid seems to have it together and that he shows maturity and wisdom beyond his years and it is racist? No. I was just impressed that he took the time to work through his announcement in the notes app on his phone and made sure it clearly represented his thoughts and feelings.

For what it's worth, pretty sure I shared a plane with this kid and his family Labor Day weekend. Seemed very nice, polite and family oriented.

18. Paesano

Paesano

When did you look those up? Scout has him as an unranked 3 star. There is no way they dropped him after he committed to us. That just never happens so you must have posted old information. Having said that, the chart on 247 shows his ranking dropping steadily for quite a while. Maybe scout is just catching up.

19. Jay-Bone

Jay-Bone

Seems like he knows when to lay it up and when to dunk. That's a good quality not all have. Well, at least his mixtapes don't show the flubs. I bet some of it has to do with his confidence rising this summer, not afraid to flush it.

20. NDakotaHusky

NDakotaHusky

agreed, but the trend is in the right direction. I like classes of 3 and 4 freshman vs 1 and 2 new players (which includes grad transfers).

navery12 likes this.
  21. Husky68

Husky68

Seems like saying "not accusing you of anything" after you accuse someone is really accusing. But then it's hardly fool-proof to gauge what someone says by what they actually say.

22. UConnStats

UConnStats

His scout profile doesn't show his ranking update for some reason. But here's your proof... image.png

uconnell and Ricker like this.
  23. Burnsbros23

Burnsbros23

Your right Knox was there. Found an article were Polley says he was hurt in spring and didn't play a lot.

selles, James and Ricker like this.
  24. 7774

If you actually go to that link he shows up as a 3 star, but in the post below you can see Corey Evans talking about how he fell out of their rankings but will be moving back into the top 100 at the next update because he had a great summer.

2017 Recruiting: - PF Tyler Polley (UConn Offer)

UConnStats likes this.
  25. UConnStats

UConnStats

That's for Hoopseen (my screenshot was scout) but still holds true to his rising in rankings.

7774 likes this.