Tyler Polley commits to UConn! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley commits to UConn!

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I like this kid. He's well spoken, wrote a nice announcement message with very few errors and no slang that I needed to decode. He seems like a smart, thoughtful kid that will want to learn and improve. I'll be honest, when kids seem illiterate in their announcement messages, it makes me nervous. Give me a guy like this over a super talented kid that can barely read any day. He has a nice stroke, good touch and can run the floor. Very excited.
Although I mostly agree with your sentiment.... Being literate and having the ability to speak well, doesn't win you championships. Skill does.

Reaction Score
I like this kid. Glad he committed. May be lower ranked. But I could see him being a guy who's a late bloomer. Certainly has the athletic heritage. Got a little Tayshaun Prince in him if you ask me. Always respected Tayshaun. Never thought he was going to be a super star or the even the best player on a given court. But very versatile, long and rangy, and a great motor.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This is the best part of the commit IMO. KO has some bodies now, has crossed some Ts and dotted some Is regarding front court depth, got three commitments out of the way, and now can focus solely on our big targets

That sums up my feelings better than I could've.

I admittedly haven't been as in tune with these types of recruiting targets so to me, getting HD or HD + (insert 4-5*) is the goal for this class, and no matter how great otherwise, will sting if we don't at least get that.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
His height keeps changing.

Seems like you can say that about every one of these kids.
  • They are growing
  • Some guys ask the HS coach, some ask the AAU coach, some talk to the parent, and some might even talk to the kid.
  • coaches, parent and kids all lean toward exaggeration on this topic, but not necessarily to the same amount.
  • With shoes, without shoes, two pairs of socks, whatever.

Reaction Score
This applies to 2018 as well. Getting guys like Polley and Carlton on board gives him real flexibility over the next two years.

Completely agree with this point, I think it's 100% correct and a big plus.

But on top of that, this kid looks fantastic in the tapes from this summer that have been posted. Plenty athletic, quick first step, soft touch, and as mau has pointed out some nice midrange shots. Unlike much of what you see in mixtapes, those midrange shots are actually available in college ball.

I think we got ourselves a real sleeper. Very excited about Mr. Polley.

Reaction Score
its probably wise not to judge 18 year olds off their grammar. What kids have seemed illiterate?

I'm not naming names. Just sayin' if you can't string three words together properly, might not want to advertise it, these kids are going to college and all. It looks bad when a kid clearly can't write at a 3rd grade level and he is announcing his commitment to a highly competive university.

I'm not saying I don't want 5 Star players, just saying, I like a kid like this. He takes pride in the job he's done and he cares enough about the honor he is receiving not to mock the process by writing an announcement that baffles most grown adults.

Reaction Score
Seems like you can say that about every one of these kids.
  • They are growing
  • Some guys ask the HS coach, some ask the AAU coach, some talk to the parent, and some might even talk to the kid.
  • coaches, parent and kids all lean toward exaggeration on this topic, but not necessarily to the same amount.
  • With shoes, without shoes, two pairs of socks, whatever.
I would wear four pairs of socks. Might get me to 6'-1.5"!

Reaction Score
i think five star Kevin Knox was playing with USA u17 during peach jam. So he was more of a focal point for his Aau team.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Completely agree with this point, I think it's 100% correct and a big plus.

But on top of that, this kid looks fantastic in the tapes from this summer that have been posted. Plenty athletic, quick first step, soft touch, and as mau has pointed out some nice midrange shots. Unlike much of what you see in mixtapes, those midrange shots are actually available in college ball.

I think we got ourselves a real sleeper. Very excited about Mr. Polley.

Compare this to failing to hand out enough schollies and essentially wasting them on mid-major talent like Lubin (or walk-ons) at the last minute. No offense to Rock.

I prefer this.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Seems much more polished and confident in this most recent mixtape.

And again I ask, why do we still refer to these videos as tapes? Is this not the 21st cdentury? Has video tape not gone the way of the very short uniform pants and canvas high tops?

We still hang up on people with our cell phones.

I'll say "tape" instead of DVR forever.

Reaction Score
I'm not naming names. Just sayin' if you can't string three words together properly, might not want to advertise it, these kids are going to college and all. It looks bad when a kid clearly can't write at a 3rd grade level and he is announcing his commitment to a highly competive university.

I'm not saying I don't want 5 Star players, just saying, I like a kid like this. He takes pride in the job he's done and he cares enough about the honor he is receiving not to mock the process by writing an announcement that baffles most grown adults.

Maybe your just getting old lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom