Tyler Phommachanh | The Boneyard

Tyler Phommachanh

Reaction Score
Yes. However, Zion is looking good now and Tyler isn’t necessarily ready to play after his injury.
Just seems that based on last year he has too much talent to not be on the field at all, especially with all these injuries. Can he get another redshirt year out of this somehow? If not, it seems like a waste, unless he really is not ready injury-wise, which would mean his injury is much worse than reported. Either way, it seems like he is being treated as irrelevant now after being the first dynamic player in a long time at the beginning of last season.

Reaction Score
Just seems that based on last year he has too much talent to not be on the field at all, especially with all these injuries. Can he get another redshirt year out of this somehow? If not, it seems like a waste, unless he really is not ready injury-wise, which would mean his injury is much worse than reported. Either way, it seems like he is being treated as irrelevant now after being the first dynamic player in a long time at the beginning of last season.
Yeah. We’ve talked about it quite a bit. Everyone loves his energy and ability to scramble. We don’t know what to make of his arm for sure.

Hopefully, he will stick around and at some point, when we need him, he will get back on the field and do great things. He’s a dynamic player that should see the field at some position, even if it isn’t QB. He’s electric.

With Zion playing better and Mullen showing some wheels, I don’t think it is right to question Tyler’s lack of playing time anymore. I was happy to when Zion was struggling but he’s gotten much better, so I don’t a see any reason to undermine his confidence.

Reaction Score
Zion has a better arm and his run game is improving rapidly. Runningbacks are better this year even with the losses so we haven't needed as much QB play. Once Marion is back, I think that the door will open even more for Zion's passing game.

Reaction Score
Zion not only has a good arm but he is a great game manager, never gets rattled… he’s always calm.. he reminds me of Drew Brees

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Zion not only has a good arm but he is a great game manager, never gets rattled… he’s always calm.. he reminds me of Drew Brees

Gotta be honest. Did not see the last part of your statement coming. That was a way from left field comparison. Physically about the same size and Drew never had a cannon but Zion is light years away from Drew's touch and precision.

Reaction Score
My last post was deleted so let me put it this way, sarcastically of course, I am excited to see all these quarterbacks remain on the roster burning all their remaining eligibility (and football dreams) behind Turner. He is going to be the starter until his eligibility is up. And they will be happy and willing to do it... Dont think that comment violates the by-laws...

Reaction Score
He's also behind Millen, who doesn't look as good as Phommachanh before he got hurt, despite his best game last week.

Reaction Score
Why rush him? If they can hold him out of 8 games, it’s a RS year.

Not yet on the Zion train. Hopeful, but having seen him look so overmatched against P5s, not going overboard on 2 100 yd games vs G5s.

We just need to keep pounding the rock this year and set up more interesting qb challenge in offseason.

Reaction Score
Yeah. We’ve talked about it quite a bit. Everyone loves his energy and ability to scramble. We don’t know what to make of his arm for sure.

Hopefully, he will stick around and at some point, when we need him, he will get back on the field and do great things. He’s a dynamic player that should see the field at some position, even if it isn’t QB. He’s electric.

With Zion playing better and Mullen showing some wheels, I don’t think it is right to question Tyler’s lack of playing time anymore. I was happy to when Zion was struggling but he’s gotten much better, so I don’t a see any reason to undermine his confidence.
That's what I mean - unless he still is not 100%, he should play somewhere and in some capacity, even if it's not Quarterback. Even before this new age of injuries, I always thought that anyone that could have a positive impact on the game should play somehow even if they weren't starting, and that includes QB. Using your depth to throw a lot at the other team is a good thing, and when someone goes down with an injury, they aren't starting from scratch from sitting on the sidelines.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom