Tuxedo Yoda says | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tuxedo Yoda says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Those two predictions actually make sense to me. I don't think UNC academics are going to take a hit based on they play sports with and from reading thru their boards they fans would seem to prefer the sec. Miami, if offered a life raft from a conference they perceive is about to see serious defections would be silly to sit back and wait.

Again, I don't buy this stuff like the gospel, and if it don't interest you skip it. I meant to put this in,the key tweets thread and effed up. Feel free to move it there if you can.

Reaction Score
I'll ruin it for you. It's not happening.

Something will happen, that's where I think you are wrong. I have no idea which prediction will come true, but something will happen. We all dismissed Rut to the b1g and that happened.

The game of musical chairs is on and the music may be about to stop. I still think nothing happens until the md lawsuit is resolved.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Something will happen, that's where I think you are wrong. I have no idea which prediction will come true, but something will happen. We all dismissed Rut to the b1g and that happened.

The game of musical chairs is on and the music may be about to stop. I still think nothing happens until the md lawsuit is resolved.

Did I say nothing would happen? This guy is full of . If everyone would just ignore these morons they would go away.

Reaction Score
I could buy UNC to SEC and I could buy Miami to Big 12 as being network driven.

UNC is a no brainer. Miami looks good on the surface but the reality is that they have only been able to sustain football dominance by cheating. Maybe the networks have over looked that, maybe they don't care but the Miami "brand" has suffered, fallen down and won't get up without cheating again.

I don't think going all in on USF and UCF would be a network decision. That's a football decision to open up fertile recruiting grounds.

The only way this scenario would be good for UConn is if 3 ACC teams do get poached and UConn beats Cinci to that 12th ACC spot. If they ACC loses 3 I wouldn't see the point in trying to get back to 14. Just get back to 12 and hunker down. Unless of course the Big 10 decides to poach the ACC as well.

This would be the day Malloy better visit Bristol. If ever there was a day. Because if the ACC loses schools and Cincy somehow beats UConn to the last open spot, that would be the absolute end of this all.

Reaction Score
While I think the academic side at UNC would jump at the chance to go to the Big 10 over the SEC, fans seem more united in going in the reverse. No one wants to go to Indianapolis or Chicago for the Big 10 tournament or the championship game. The SEC West is probably about as farflung as the western edges of the Big 10, but UNC fans associate easier with SC, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia and Florida than Penn State, Rutgers, Ohio State, Indiana. Perhaps Southern shortsightedness (I for one hate the idea of SEC basketball) but it is what it is. UNC fans also think if they don't accept, State would and then become the superpower in the state (easier to sell recruits on games in Gainesville than games in Ann Arbor).

That all said, I don't see UNC leaving first or second.

I agree.
For right now, UNC’s preference is to keep ACC together because they would lose significant control and influence if they went to the SEC or the B1G.
While the academic side of UNC wants the B1G if conference realignment decimates the ACC next, most alumni, the athletic department, and NC politicians prefer the Confederacy, I mean SEC, over a northern conference such as the B1G. If the SEC sees the major conferences going to 20 in the near future, they would be smart to act now and grab UNC. The reason is that immigration from the Northeast and Midwest may shift UNC’s preference north 20 years down the road just like what is happening to UVA today. Just look at the 2012 presidential election map, i.e. red versus blue, of VA and NC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It would be easy enough to set up a score card and pin the thread.

Name:
Prediction failures: #
Predictions successes: #
Pending: (one line synopsis).

Now note when I say it would be easy enough, I don't mean that I'd actually do it. I just mean that it would be easy enough for someone else.

Reaction Score
The thing is, the ACC needs UConn and should be tripping over themselves to invite us right now. They are really screwed in NY. Cuse is a world away and we are NYC's basketball team. I don't know what they are thinking but they should probably add Cincy too. It is a lot easier to shrug your shoulders when you lose schools if you don't have to make reactionary additions. If the ACC adds us and Cincy then loses UNC and FSU it will be far less of a media event. Still a big loss but it sure looks better to the casual observer.

Reaction Score
I agree.
For right now, UNC’s preference is to keep ACC together because they would lose significant control and influence if they went to the SEC or the B1G.
While the academic side of UNC wants the B1G if conference realignment decimates the ACC next, most alumni, the athletic department, and NC politicians prefer the Confederacy, I mean SEC, over a northern conference such as the B1G. If the SEC sees the major conferences going to 20 in the near future, they would be smart to act now and grab UNC. The reason is that immigration from the Northeast and Midwest may shift UNC’s preference north 20 years down the road just like what is happening to UVA today. Just look at the 2012 presidential election map, i.e. red versus blue, of VA and NC.

The population in Fairfield County has grown in recent years and that trend will continue in key age groups. Interestingly I heard just last week the population of NYC has also increased. While the rest of CT is slowing down not everyone is moving south in 2013.

Reaction Score
These tweeters' sources are probably message boards.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Calculate the odds of an announcement on Good Friday and Easter Weekend when most campuses are closed for business.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Calculate the odds of an announcement on Good Friday and Easter Weekend when most campuses are closed for business.

I'm guessing about the same odds as an announcement during Thanksgiving break when ADs are out of the country...

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reaction Score
The population in Fairfield County has grown in recent years and that trend will continue in key age groups. Interestingly I heard just last week the population of NYC has also increased. While the rest of CT is slowing down not everyone is moving south in 2013.

Can’t comment on Fairfield County (other than cursing traffic on I-85, I-95 & the Merritt); but, in Northern NJ school enrollment is way down and the two biggest factors being cited are #1 the economy reducing birth rates and #2 families staying in NYC proper instead of moving to the burbs like they have done in the past. Migration down south is not even noted. A few friends who work in the NYC school system agree that certain schools are bursting at the seams due to higher enrollment.

Reaction Score
@zbloxham: BREAKING: BYU to the Big 12 (cc @UR_Classless) http://post original url/gfFtpD2fgh

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Waiting on the green light from my source within the Texas Ath Dept but expect the biggest update on Conf realignment I've ever had by Fri.
9:48pm - 25 Mar 13

Take it fwiw.

Very clever, he is, promising that the UPDATE would happen by Friday, not any actually news. The first time I read that tweet it sounded like there would be some breaking news by yesterday.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Best Tuxedo Yoda thread of the year: On the BYU board tryng to convince BYU to change their Sabbath to accommodate Big-12 scheduling. Or something like that.

Tuxedo Yoda
If it is about individual choice.....
.....just be up front with the potential student-athletes could mean Sunday play.

This solves a lot of problems and makes sense for BYU.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
I have not seen this on any thread so here it is as of March 27th
http://tuxedoyoda.blogspot.com

Take it for what it is worth... Would mean that 3 to 4 teams out of ACC. Taking away the jewel of B1G with UNC and may open us up with a UVA to be teams 14 and 15. Still can't see USF and UCF going to Big 12.
Done deal

There are 2 rock-solid, definitive statements I can make. There will be no hedging, no flip-flopping, no back-tracking. There is nothing that can fall through and no last minute shocking developments that will change things. Per my source, these 2 realignment moves have been fully negotiated and they are DONE. They have not only been blessed by the networks, they are the products of the networks, particularly Fox & CBS.

#1 When the 2014 college football season kicks off, UNC will be a member of the SEC.

#2 When the 2014 college football season kicks off, Miami will be a member of the Big 12.

Regarding #1.......I know you want to know who will join with UNC to be team #16 in the SEC. Per my source, this has not been decided.

Regarding #2.......The Big 12's preferred scenario is to only add 2 teams, FSU and Miami, and to stop at 12. Miami is a done deal. FSU is not. I was not told why. I was not told percentages of FSU joining the Big 12. I was not told if FSU is trying to join another conference or if FSU wants to stay in the ACC. I was told that if FSU refuses to join the Big 12, the next most lucrative option proposed by the networks will be carried out. The Big 12 will go to 14 with a 3-team Florida block of Miami, UCF, USF and a 4th team from the current ACC. I was not told the name of the 4th team.

Why are these things happening? This isn't about what fans, ADs or board members want. I was told this is what the networks want.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Just throwing up there Fish. Slow news day. Totally BS. Did think commentary wa necessary

Wasn't really directed to you - but take another look at the Tweet.

It's a BYU fan who just got a message from a fortune cookie....check the fortune and then see what he wrote.

He was trying to be funny.

Reaction Score
If there is any truth to UCF/USF, I'd say Clemson is the second ACC school. They have nowhere else to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom