Tuxedo Yoda says | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tuxedo Yoda says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't believe this, but in the hierarchy of Conference Realignment tweeters, I rank him behind Frank the Tank and ahead of the Dude and M_V_Her.
That's basically it, those that don't like it, don't fugging click on it. Title is pretty self explanatory .

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If I were to guess as to what could constitute such huge news, I'd guess it was something related to the Md/ACC suit. Though I don't know why that would come through Yoda's source at UT.

Reaction Score
If I were to guess as to what could constitute such huge news, I'd guess it was something related to the Md/ACC suit. Though I don't know why that would come through Yoda's source at UT.
There are other rumblings that this may in fact be the case.

pj

Reaction Score
I would guess it's B12 going to 12 teams. His connections are at Texas and why would Texas break a Md/ACC story a week in advance?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would guess it's B12 going to 12 teams. His connections are at Texas and why would Texas break a Md/ACC story a week in advance?

I think the B1G has been rebuffed by the ACC. It's just a hunch. I think Delany tires of wooing southern schools. The Big 12 now needs to move first. So something coming from UT makes sense. Dodds resigning could be big news, along with new additions for the Big 12.

Reaction Score
That's basically it, those that don't like it, don't fugging click on it. Title is pretty self explanatory .

It's like looking away from a bad car accident.

Reaction Score
I don'rt know if that's it, but I do beleive that the Big 12 is ultimately going to be forced to get to 12 teams, if not by the tv folks but the other majors.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
OK, his blog usually has something funny when I read it but he has never been a "go to" guy for credible info.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If Texas is going to break news they have their usual outlet. They aren't doing it through a fictional character dressed as a penguin.

Hopefully Yoda isn't a bike enthusiast, I hear that you can miss a breaking story because you are having your Huffy adjusted.

Reaction Score

Or TX to pac12

Reaction Score
Hopefully Yoda isn't a bike enthusiast, I hear that you can miss a breaking story because you are having your Huffy adjusted.

His excuse was that he was going to be out of the country.

Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda22 Mar
I'm travelling out of the country for almost a week so I'm sure this is when all hell will break loose in college realignment.

Reaction Score
[Ise="jostar1, post: 551516, member: 1737"]His excuse was that he was going to be out of the country.

Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda22 Mar
I'm travelling out of the country for almost a week so I'm sure this is when all hell will break loose in college realignment.[/quote]

Is he traveling on a Huffy? :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Most of us serious enthusiasts can adjust our own huffys.
Really, if you are going to get your "huffy adjusted", it is more fun if someone else does it. I thought that was the whole point of having the conference championship in New Orleans.

Reaction Score
Wish we could pin that link to see if it actually happens.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The Atlantis-12 contract relegated the Florida teams to the B-division. Not sure Yoda can avoid that

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I could buy UNC to SEC and I could buy Miami to Big 12 as being network driven.

UNC is a no brainer. Miami looks good on the surface but the reality is that they have only been able to sustain football dominance by cheating. Maybe the networks have over looked that, maybe they don't care but the Miami "brand" has suffered, fallen down and won't get up without cheating again.

I don't think going all in on USF and UCF would be a network decision. That's a football decision to open up fertile recruiting grounds.

The only way this scenario would be good for UConn is if 3 ACC teams do get poached and UConn beats Cinci to that 12th ACC spot. If they ACC loses 3 I wouldn't see the point in trying to get back to 14. Just get back to 12 and hunker down. Unless of course the Big 10 decides to poach the ACC as well.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The absurdity flowing from the WV board is apparently contagious, and has spread to Tuxedo Yoda too. Yoda is realizing that if everyone else is shouting nonsense, he needs to shout it with a bullhorn to get any attention on his blog. He has also realized that if you make your "done deal" claims with enough authority, then few people bother to check and see if you are ever right or not. Then he can just wait a few months after something actually happens, and claim he predicted it all along. With all the noise on the college sports message boards, who is bothering to keep track?

His realignment theory has a couple of issues in my mind:

1) Where is the Big 10? Of all the leagues, the Big 10's economic model benefits the most from expansion, but they appear to be bystanders in this.

2) UNC to the SEC? UNC is a very snooty academic institution. I find it unlikely that it would choose to associate itself with schools like South Carolina, Tennessee, the Alabama and Mississippi schools before it would choose the Big 10, especially since the Big 10 money is still better. I think this extends beyond just the administration at UNC too. UNC fans would be more interested in playing top publics like Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana and Purdue than they would the SEC schools. For basketball, the Big 10 is a no brainer. The SEC doesn't even try to be good in hoops.

3) Miami as the anchor of expansion? Miami and its 20k fans and the possibility of it receiving the death penalty make it unlikely to be the anchor of any expansion process. I find UCF and USF to the Big 12 more credible than Miami being the anchor of a move like that. UCF and USF are huge schools that would likely draw very well against quality opponents. Miami will not draw over 30k actual fans in the seats for most games unless they are a Top 10 team and there is a top tier opponent.

There is this theory on the WV board from one of the new "insiders" (they seem to be multiplying) that the ACC was told by ESPN that they could keep the same TV contract even if they lost 4 schools, with a couple of caveats. That is ridiculous, of course, because that would mean that ESPN was only willing to raise the per school take in the contract if some of the most attractive schools were poached. Does that make any sense at all?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wish we could pin that link to see if it actually happens.

Maybe we should have a thread solely for "insider" predictions that can then be used as a scoreboard.

Reaction Score
While I think the academic side at UNC would jump at the chance to go to the Big 10 over the SEC, fans seem more united in going in the reverse. No one wants to go to Indianapolis or Chicago for the Big 10 tournament or the championship game. The SEC West is probably about as farflung as the western edges of the Big 10, but UNC fans associate easier with SC, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia and Florida than Penn State, Rutgers, Ohio State, Indiana. Perhaps Southern shortsightedness (I for one hate the idea of SEC basketball) but it is what it is. UNC fans also think if they don't accept, State would and then become the superpower in the state (easier to sell recruits on games in Gainesville than games in Ann Arbor).

That all said, I don't see UNC leaving first or second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom