Tunes you digging right now | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tunes you digging right now

Reaction Score
Figure some of the Gen X types here would appreciate this. Mayer definitely channeling some 80s classics with his new stuff....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Have to give a shout out to my friend Dave, who's Jazz album Solace is at #13 on the NACC Jazz Charts right now. He's an amazing Sax player. Jazz is his real love, but Boston area folks into Ska may remember Plate O'Shrimp as well.

240381948_10221914106095493_6289156223587159513_n.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think I’ve posted about James Maddock before. This one popped up on my iPod this morning; it’s the first one I ever heard from him and I was hooked instantly. I have since purchased most of his catalog and seen him live (opening for Ian Hunter at FTC Stage One iirc). Great artist; great song:

Reaction Score
I think I’ve posted about James Maddock before. This one popped up on my iPod this morning; it’s the first one I ever heard from him and I was hooked instantly. I have since purchased most of his catalog and seen him live (opening for Ian Hunter at FTC Stage One iirc). Great artist; great song:

Your post reminded me of another artist that I have not listened too in a while David Baerwald. If your not familiar with his music download all his stuff he is that good. Singer song writer exstrodinar very under rated, he used to be with a band called David and David (1 album) also excellent stuff. His Triad album just mind blowing.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Your post reminded me of another artist that I have not listened too in a while David Baerwald. If your not familiar with his music download all his stuff he is that good. Singer song writer exstrodinar very under rated, he used to be with a band called David and David (1 album) also excellent stuff. His Triad album just mind blowing.

Nice. Thanks for the tip. He reminds me a bit of Cris Jacobs, who used to be with The Bridge (a great, underrated band from MD) and now has his own band and also plays solo:

Reaction Score
Nice. Thanks for the tip. He reminds me a bit of Cris Jacobs, who used to be with The Bridge (a great, underrated band from MD) and now has his own band and also plays solo:

Honestly I never heard of him, played your video and liked it. Went and download one his albums Color Where You Are, will check out rest of catalog in time. Was only able to listen to 1st song and liked it.Very similar to David Baerwald. Thanks, will thoroughly enjoy it I'm sure.

Reaction Score
OK, maybe not you on the Apple, that was more for Deepster.

I get the "I love radio" part. I just don't feel that way in 2021 as it's been so long since I've heard decent radio. If you can convince me that there's another "Idiot's Delight" out there, maybe I'd change my mind.

As far as Pandora's algorithm goes, I found it weirder and more eclectic than Spotify, even though the latter has a much larger library. My Lyle Lovett station is a trip. All sorts of weirdness there. I've got 15 or so stations, some based on specific songs.

I particularly enjoy my "Kelly's Heroes" (Black Grape) station (as an aside, I'll argue with anyone that "It's Great When Your Straight" was the best album of the 90s). I just put on whatever I'm in the mood for and I'm good for a couple hours, or if I'm feeling wild, there's always shuffle.

You'll find this amusing. While my channels represent a number of genres (none of them Van Morrison), pretty much all of them eventually land on one or more Van Morrison tunes.
Listen to WXRT on free Audacy app. Pretty much any time; afternoon drive through midnight is when I still put on terrestrial via digital. Chicago station.

Reaction Score

Blues based rock, if you like Free, Black Crowes and Rival Sons. Check them out. Band I'd called Mojothunder.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I have no explanation, but I woke up on Monday with this song in my head. I feel like it's a very Boneyard tune.

If you just want to cry to somebody
Don't cry to me
No don't cry to me

Reaction Score
A haunting tune from a haunting, and great, series: Breaking Bad:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Loving James McMurtry’s latest album:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hot off the presses, new cover of a song from the 1987 film "Lost Boys." Here done by Chvrches, also being featured in a film (coming next month from Netflix).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Hot off the presses, new cover of a song from the 1987 film "Lost Boys." Here done by Chvrches, also being featured in a film (coming next month from Netflix).

That soundtrack was great. Aside from Eddie and the Cruisers, one of the few I've ever bought on CD.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
happy halloween!
learnt this tune from a game of thrones thing (don't care much aboot that...). posted in another place, and then i learnt that she has 5m hit songs, 10m hit songs, 20m hit songs, 50m hit songs, and 100m hit songs.
who knew?
it's a keeper...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom