Tulsa Post Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Tulsa Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was fine with KO going because of all the ancillary off the court reasons and I hate that he gets brought up all the time now still, it’s over. but on the court this team is no worse than 12-6 under him

That's crazy to think this team is two games better under KO than Hurley. Last years team quit on them and he quit on the team. The problem is the kids learned bad habits from KO over the last 2 years, it takes time to change a culture.

Reaction Score
That's crazy to think this team is two games better under KO than Hurley. Last years team quit on them and he quit on the team. The problem is the kids learned bad habits from KO over the last 2 years, it takes time to change a culture.

On Jan 17th last year we were 10-8 and we had just lost to Memphis by 25. I would relax with this team was just as good as last years. Last year we played 3 straight cupcake games that we won at this point.

I looked at schedule and said we will end up 16-16. Looks like that may be true.

Reaction Score
I have been a Uconn fan since 1978. I was there when Cliff Robinson played. I graduated in 1990 the year Gampel opened and the dream season. I have seen a lot of games in my life and never thought we would win 1 never mind 4 National Championships. These last 4 years with Jalen and co have been an absolute embarrassment. I don't even look forward to watching them play. its like watching a bunch of skinny kids with zero basketball IQ take on well coached men every night. I don't see it getting any better next year either... Gaffney, Bouknight and AKok all look decent but without a few big men we do not have a chance. Uconn went from a Blue blood to a lame program in 4 years.
cc: Kevin Ollie

Reaction Score
UConn finds itself in the worst possible scenario. We have a roster of upperclassman who have a large enough sample set that proves they don't have high major ability. There are three to four players on this roster that actually belong. The rest don't. We are in complete rebuild mode with very little to actually build on. I said it in the chat last night: AG is a stud, Sid has tremendous upside, CV is viable, and Carlton we may be stuck with it. The rest need to go.

Reaction Score
I was fine with KO going because of all the ancillary off the court reasons and I hate that he gets brought up all the time now still, it’s over. but on the court this team is no worse than 12-6 under him
No way! They would have been blown out by 20 points in 8 or 9 games by now. Seriously KO wasn't going to get anything more out of this team than Dan has. At least Dan has them working harder if not smarter. The team has no leadership on the court and that is evident by all the over driving leading to charges and bad passes. If that doesn't work than they love to throw the ball around the perimeter hoping for a prayer. This team is the same or worst with KO as the captain of the ship. Remember Jalen, Carlton would definitely not be around. Yes we we would have his other 3 recruits but I don't think you can honestly say that would be an improvement.

Reaction Score

This is crazy talk. This team absolute best case scenario is the same record under Ollie, likely a game or two worse. To imply otherwise is absurd. Hurley is 10x the coach KO ever will be. I know this season is very frustrating and somewhat underachieving, but give the guy time. You can’t judge a coach’s performance with a program on his first 18 games.

Reaction Score
Hot take - the moderation of this site is worse than the on court performance. Stop merging threads. I already read half these pages in other threads and now I have a mega thread of "unread" posts I have already seen with a few new posts sprinkled in.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This is crazy talk. This team absolute best case scenario is the same record under Ollie, likely a game or two worse. To imply otherwise is absurd. Hurley is 10x the coach KO ever will be. I know this season is very frustrating and somewhat underachieving, but give the guy time. You can’t judge a coach’s performance with a program on his first 18 games.

Yes you can. You cant judge his program building or recruiting for sure. But you can judge his on court game coaching methods.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How to prepare the team to fly half way across the country to play in the Tulsa YMCA with half the lights on on a Wednesday?

August_West

Reaction Score
On Jan 17th last year we were 10-8 and we had just lost to Memphis by 25. I would relax with this team was just as good as last years. Last year we played 3 straight cupcake games that we won at this point.

I looked at schedule and said we will end up 16-16. Looks like that may be true.

On Jan 17th last year, we didnt have Alterique Gilbert and Sid Wilson. We traded out out Antoine Anderson for Tarin Smith and Onurah for Yakwe. Both upgrades by all measures. (supposedly).

This years team on paper is ahead of last years. Simply mostly because of Gilbert.

UCF a cupcake? Boy I wouldve loved to beat that cupcake this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On Jan 17th last year, we didnt have Alterique Gilbert and Sid Wilson. We traded out out Antoine Anderson for Tarin Smith and Onurah for Yakwe. Both upgrades by all measures.
Yakwe is marginal upgrade at best and Antoine was asked to start last year. If Tarin was asked to start with no backups I'm sure he would look much the same as Antoine. Plus, besides two games we haven't been blown out this year. Can't say the same for last year's team. Yes, we are all frustrated that the team is only marginally better than last year's team but he isn't dealing with a full deck and it is evident that Jalen never worked on his game in the off season to get him to the next level.

August_West

Reaction Score
Yakwe is marginal upgrade at best and Antoine was asked to start last year. If Tarin was asked to start with no backups I'm sure he would look much the same as Antoine. Plus, besides two games we haven't been blown out this year. Can't say the same for last year's team. Yes, we are all frustrated that the team is only marginally better than last year's team but he isn't dealing with a full deck and it is evident that Jalen never worked on his game in the off season to get him to the next level.

I dont know if we are marginially better. The jury still out.

We are a bit better offensively. Definitely. Defensively (eye test at minimum) we are worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom