Tulsa game thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tulsa game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yay - the clock ran out and we have more points than them.

That's good.

Reaction Score
To be honest, the team wasn't really playing well during the game, they were making threes out their butts. That was going to stop.

There wasn't much of an offense being run, it was mostly Gibbs pounds the ball for 25 seconds. It'd be nice if we can get out of that habit again. It doesn't work.

Reaction Score
I wonder what would have happened if their two best shooters Birt and the other guy whose name I don't remember played for more than 5 mins in the 1st half. Those two went off in the 2nd but only played for like 5 mins in the 1st.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
That is coaching. Up 5, 1.5, lob ball to half court. Coaching?

Reaction Score
To be honest, the team wasn't really playing well during the game, they were making threes out their butts. That was going to stop.

There wasn't much of an offense being run, it was mostly Gibbs pounds the ball for 25 seconds. It'd be nice if we can get out of that habit again. It doesn't work.
First half offense was decent mix. They played with purpose, penetrated, and created shots. 2nd half was the 20 passes around the key, throw up a prayer or turnover.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Gibbs needs to sit and sort out why he has become so selfish and stupid lately.
SM has to ask himself why he picks the weirdest times to disappear (discounting the fouls)
Thank God for DHam tonight.
The refs were HORRIBLE and the calls hurt UConn more than some think BUT these refs UConn gets in the AAC are the worst of the worst so we all need to get used to it.
These games are giving me ulcers

Reaction Score
I guess it's better being on the other side of a near 20 point comeback (Maryland and gonzaga).

Reaction Score
Miller works hard to get position and doesn't get rewarded a lot of the times...and finally Facey got some minutes. He is way better than Nolan
Well he looked like he was conceding defeat in positioning all game long. He would try and then just ask the guards to pass the ball back to the other side. He gave up a lot in this game and the guards were trying to look for him. I guess SM is getting tired.

Reaction Score
Gibbs needs to sit and sort out why he has become so selfish and stupid lately.
SM has to ask himself why he picks the weirdest times to disappear (discounting the fouls)
Thank God for DHam tonight.
The refs were HORRIBLE and the calls hurt UConn more than some think BUT these refs UConn gets in the AAC are the worst of the worst so we all need to get used to it.

Miller "disappears" because they stop feeding him the damn ball.

Reaction Score
Why do I feel like we lost ? Oh yeah, because we managed to squander massive leads in back to back games against Temple in Tulsa. SMH. It's funny I was telling my non-Uconn buddies when we were up by 20 that we need to be up by 30 for me to be comfortable, and there thinking I was joking. 10 minutes later it's down to like 4 points with seconds to go. Ugh.

Reaction Score
Miller was killing Tulsa so they doubled him.

Purvis sat too long in the second half. Purvis is a key for getting this offense going.

Reaction Score
Miller "disappeared" because the guards stopped throwing to him and on December he was playing with 3 and 4 fouls for an extended period. Regarding Gibbs being selfish I just rewatched the 2nd half and I don't see it.

Reaction Score
First half offense was decent mix. They played with purpose, penetrated, and created shots. 2nd half was the 20 passes around the key, throw up a prayer or turnover.

The offense stalled at the end, but the biggest problem the second half was defense.

Not offense.

Tulsa won the second half 52-41.

Normally, 41 points in a half for this UConn team is something you want.

Reaction Score

The AAC is using Big Ten and BE refs.

Reaction Score
We have to figure out a way to stop our big men from fouling. I'd love to say it's the refs, but it's so consistent across the season. All our big men get in foul trouble then it's like a free pass to the rim.

Reaction Score
We have to figure out a way to stop our big men from fouling. I'd love to say it's the refs, but it's so consistent across the season. All our big men get in foul trouble then it's like a free pass to the rim.

It would need to be installed in the brain, otherwise don't bother.

Reaction Score
Why do I feel like we lost ? Oh yeah, because we managed to squander massive leads in back to back games against Temple in Tulsa. SMH. It's funny I was telling my non-Uconn buddies when we were up by 20 that we need to be up by 30 for me to be comfortable, and there thinking I was joking. 10 minutes later it's down to like 4 points with seconds to go. Ugh.

Cool story.

Reaction Score
Brimah needs to step up for us to have hope of a postseason run. I know he is just coming back from a long injury, but he has had virtually no effect on any of the games.

Reaction Score
2 point win!

Confidence is back baby!
This is a dam fine post. If it was up to me "Confidence is back baby!" Would become some sort of reaccuring b.y. joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom