Tulane Postgame Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tulane Postgame Thread

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I am officially listed as 6’ 1” but am actually a quarter to a half inch shorter. And getting shorter, sigh...
I've lost over 1/2 of an inch from my peak height. :(

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Let’s admit that the end line violation could be called in almost every game as players rush to start the play after an opponent’s basket but refs aren’t looking or let it go.
Megan Culmo said she was going to pass to a teammate who adjusted her position and that caused Anna to step on the line. If the cameras would focus on the next play instead of isolating on a player who just scored we would not miss plays like that.

Reaction Score
Megan Culmo said she was going to pass to a teammate who adjusted her position and that caused Anna to step on the line. If the cameras would focus on the next play instead of isolating on a player who just scored we would not miss plays like that.
Play was very visible i called it before the refs did she never got her foot out of bounds was clearly a couple inches on the line

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
There is no doubt that Anna is taller than Kyla. Pretty easy to see and confirm. However I have no confidence in any reported player height. Most (if not all ) are exaggerated and have poor process control (shoes/no shoes, socks, head position, resolution of measurement etc.) Obviously most of them get inflated for general player promotional purposes.

In our English measurement system, nothing ever get reported beyond a whole inch. Depending on the measurer, the purpose or the technique, someone that is actually say 6' and 3/8 " could easily be be reported as 6'1". Another player could be 6' 1 1/8" and be reported as 6' 1" . Stand the two next to each other and wham one looks an inch taller than the next. Throw in shoes on/off and the crazy discrepancies can get wild.

Note that at approximately age 18 (less than 2 years ago) Anna was reported as 183 cm. That converts to 72.0472 inches or less than 1/16th of an inch over 6'.

View attachment 51034

It's unlikely that she grew much after age 18 (although possible) but it's also very improbable that she spurted anything close to 3" (7.6 cm) in that time.

We switched to Hartley units because the Hartley unit system is as accurate as you want it to be and probably just as accurate as most of these reported player heights.

Personally I don't believe Kyla is 6'2" so using her as some type of standard is not going to help.

In reality none of this is important although some tend to get wound up over it. What would actually be more telling for a basketball player is her standing reach and her jumping reach as well as wingspan. How high the top of your head is really matters little (except seeing over a screen etc) and a player certainly doesn't rebound or shoot from the top of their head. It's where the hands are that matters.

And I won't post an official Hartley Units chart because that's a closely kept secret and we don't want other teams to know the true height of our players. ;)
That is mostly true ,@Biff. However, according to Geno some players do not bring their heads to some games ; in which case the measurements would be terribly skewed. BTW, I like the closely held HUCF secrecy stance a lot as some teams might try to get their own Harley Unit to measure us . ;)

I am officially listed as 6’ 1” but am actually a quarter to a half inch shorter. And getting shorter, sigh...actually in high school I stopped measuring when I hit six feet and size 12 shoes. Several in grown toenails later I got remeasured for shoes and also discovered that extra 3 4 inch.
Wait a minute. You were measured for shoes and discovered that you were taller? Were you standing on your head? Do your "shoes" say Stetson on the hatband? This deserves a more detailed explanation @Dokey :confused:

Reaction Score
That is mostly true ,@Biff. However, according to Geno some players do not bring their heads to some games ; in which case the measurements would be terribly skewed. BTW, I like the closely held HUCF secrecy stance a lot as some teams might try to get their own Harley Unit to measure us . ;)

Wait a minute. You were measured for shoes and discovered that you were taller? Were you standing on your head? Do your "shoes" say Stetson on the hatband? This deserves a more detailed explanation @Dokey :confused:
I knew that would draw a comment but, yeah, the doctor who sliced my toes asked when was the last time I measured any part of me. Those size 13s meant I got new football cleats every year. The extra height got me nothing. It was all from the waist up. I have short legs, meaning a lot of tailoring.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom