- Nov 15, 2016
Some thoughts on the Tulane game:
- Stifling defensive effort by UConn all night long.
- The Huskies started a little slow, but they picked up the pace in the second quarter with one of those runs that we haven’t seen very much of this year, which pretty much ends all suspense concerning the outcome of the game.
- UConn is just a different team when Anna is knocking down shots. She still makes some head scratching decisions, like trying to inbound the ball with one foot on the baseline, but on balance she played well tonight.
- UConn is also a much better team when they work to get Liv touches in their half-court offense. When Liv is scoring in the paint, it opens the floor for everybody else.
- I know Christyn continues to struggle some on offense, but man is she playing hard on the defensive side of the ball. In the first half, her defense had a lot to do with UConn’s 2nd qtr run.
- Tulane is not SC, or even USF for that matter, but I was really looking for solid contributions from all the Huskies tonight, and everyone pretty much delivered.