Tuesday's Womens Championship | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tuesday's Womens Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's a real dandy.

The dude intrigues me. What's his deal. It looked like he was auditioning for a movie role at the end of 1st quarter interview. Then to attend to an injured player, he half sauntered half peacock strutted out to the floor.

Can someone link me to his blog? I'm fascinated.

You can also check YouTube for his run on SNL:

Screen-Shot-2015-08-17-at-5.50.33-PM.png

Reaction Score
This Q dude is some character, huh?

I didn't realize until the final four game the other night that the women play quarters instead of halves. Strange.
Expect the men to do it soon too. Everyone else does quarters.

Reaction Score
Question for those who follow the ladies closer than I do: What's next year's depth chart look like?

Reaction Score
Question for those who follow the ladies closer than I do: What's next year's depth chart look like?

Going to be really, really tough to win. No depth and no size. And a lot of other teams have more key players returning.

Expecting to lose Morgan Tuck (who had a medical redshirt and could come back, but probably will turn pro since she's had knee troubles and a limited window). So they lose three transcendent players, and add only one promising freshman, a PG from Tennessee named Crystal Dangerfield (along with two low rated recruits who probably won't play). So they really only have seven players, including Saniya Chong and 6-5 Natalie Butler who were seldom-used juniors this year. Their core 5 will be really good: Dangerfield-Nurse-Samuelson-Williams-Collier, and Chong and Butler will be all the depth they really have.

Tuck coming back would solve a lot of problems, but even with her it will be tough.

Reaction Score
Going to be really, really tough to win. No depth and no size. And a lot of other teams have more key players returning.

Expecting to lose Morgan Tuck (who had a medical redshirt and could come back, but probably will turn pro since she's had knee troubles and a limited window). So they lose three transcendent players, and add only one promising freshman, a PG from Tennessee named Crystal Dangerfield (along with two low rated recruits who probably won't play). So they really only have seven players, including Saniya Chong and 6-5 Natalie Butler who were seldom-used juniors this year. Their core 5 will be really good: Dangerfield-Nurse-Samuelson-Williams-Collier, and Chong and Butler will be all the depth they really have.

Tuck coming back would solve a lot of problems, but even with her it will be tough.
Are the expectations for Butler that low? I know she struggled this year, but I thought that was more due to injuries than lack of talent.

edit: Also...

G: Dangerfield, Chong
G: Nurse, Bent
W: Samuelson, Ekmark
W: Williams, Collier
C: Butler, Irwin

That make sense?

Reaction Score
Are the expectations for Butler that low? I know she struggled this year, but I thought that was more due to injuries than lack of talent.

She had some injuries but when she was healthy and able to play, she looked like she couldn't keep up with the pace we were playing at. Oregon State was a game they could have used her to match their size for a few possessions with Stewart in foul trouble and she stayed glued to the bench.

Next year, they will need her, though. The core five I mentioned is really three small forwards and two guards. So Butler will probably start over one of them (Nurse and Samuelson are locks to start, but other three spots are up for grabs).

One thing that I can now that it's over is that the team has had a remarkable run of good health. Samuelsons foot injury was the first injury problem in a while. Next year, they have almost no margin for error. Banner #12 may take a while.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It should be an off year for UConn. But that could mean a Final Four for them.
I want their 10 straight FF.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
From ESPN: Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck and Moriah Jefferson outscored Syracuse by themselves. lol

Reaction Score

Butler may surprise next year if she gets in better shape. The 3 seniors may be the top 3 players in the country but there will only be 2-3 teams in the country who can beat UConn on a good night.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
This Q dude is some character, huh?

I didn't realize until the final four game the other night that the women play quarters instead of halves. Strange.
As someone who watches quite a bit of both men's and women's college basketball, I've really come to like the quarters in the women's game since they made that change at the beginning of this season. For one thing, there's one media timeout per quarter, so counting the break between quarters, you end up with only three media stoppages per half as opposed to four per half in the men's game. But more important, team fouls reset to zero at the start of each quarter. If a whole bunch of fouls get called early in a half of a men's game, you're probably destined to see a whole bunch of free throws for the rest of the half. If the same thing happens in a women's game, at least the team fouls will reset when the 2nd or 4th quarter begins. That usually leads to at least a momentary break in the free-throw parade and, in my opinion, a better flow to the game. I don't know if the men's side will follow suit and go to quarters as well, but I personally wouldn't mind if they did.

Reaction Score
Puuuuuuuuliiiiiiiiiiidoooooooooooo <3

the cuse board was killing her for that. "CLASSLESS! YOU DON'T SHOOT THE BALL THERE!" because a 29 point loss in the NC game is acceptable, but 31 is taking it too far.

then again, they also largely blamed the refs for losing last night.

they blamed the refs.

for a 31 point loss.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She had some injuries but when she was healthy and able to play, she looked like she couldn't keep up with the pace we were playing at. Oregon State was a game they could have used her to match their size for a few possessions with Stewart in foul trouble and she stayed glued to the bench.

Next year, they will need her, though. The core five I mentioned is really three small forwards and two guards. So Butler will probably start over one of them (Nurse and Samuelson are locks to start, but other three spots are up for grabs).

One thing that I can now that it's over is that the team has had a remarkable run of good health. Samuelsons foot injury was the first injury problem in a while. Next year, they have almost no margin for error. Banner #12 may take a while.
Butler, a redshirt sophomore, played in the OSU game and did a really good job againt their highly regarded center. She got some skills but is too hesitant. We'll see if the light comes on over the summer.

Chong's defense is a liability so unless she goes to a camp over the summer, I'm not sure how big her role will be next year. She's also too indecisive with the ball. Geno put her in last night and it too about 10 seconds for her to turn over the ball because she got trapped and panicked. That's not you want from a point guard.

Even if Morgan returns, the lack of reliable ball-handlers will be worrisome but Geno's greatest strenghth, IMO, is his ability to cover up weaknesses. The women's board could be...interesting next year. Sigh.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
the cuse board was killing her for that. "CLASSLESS! YOU DON'T SHOOT THE BALL THERE!" because a 29 point loss in the NC game is acceptable, but 31 is taking it too far.

they blamed the refs.

for a 31 point loss.

Walk-ons always have a green light.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

they blamed the refs.

for a 31 point loss.

Its Cuse - nothing surprises me
I read their board daily and it is a bunch of clueless babble
Cuse fans are the most arrogant (no reason for it as they have accomplished basically nothing) uneducated and idiotic classless hillbillies in the world
I miss the OBE tourneys at MSG - Christ, my buddies and I loved to go every year just to interact with the Cuse fans - Their harmonious reaction to every point was - is that all you got?
We especially loved to argue with this one group that included this guy who must have weighed 400lbs and couldn't fit in a seat - hardly ever saw him without a drink or food in his hands.
In 2011, we were "interacting" with this group during the Thursday night sessions (after the Kemba shot) and they kept saying Kemba's move was illegal and the step back was travelling, and this Pitt fan and a WVU fan sitting nearby both shook their heads and said - SU has the biggest holes fans The WVU guy told them to keep drinking and passout

Reaction Score

they blamed the refs.

for a 31 point loss.

A former walk-on senior that they were just trying to get a final hoop for, but big shocker that the Cuse faithful took it as a shot across the bow. Knew they would and they didn't disappoint.

Reaction Score

In order for Butler to be a factor down low she needs to get in the weight room AND she needs to stop trying to bounce the ball when she catches it near the rim. She needs to go strong to the hoop.

Reaction Score
Puuuuuuuuliiiiiiiiiiidoooooooooooo <3

The reaction from the team when this Senior Walk-on nailed the basket and thus ensuring that she ends-up on the box score of the national championship game was perfect. While walk-ons don't get the glory, they bust their buts every day keeping keeping the stars ready to win this games. Congrats to Briana Pulido and the rest of those behind the scene Best of luck with all of your future endeavors (heard that Pulido is going to med school).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom