Tuck | The Boneyard

Tuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw some videos of Morgan. She wears a brace like Caroline's on her left leg. Anyone know about that?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
might just be to help stabilize the knee. "Bolingbrook freshman Morgan Tuck tore the ACL in her left knee during a scrimmage Saturday (june 2009)at the USA Basketball trials in Colorado.:"

by the way she went on to try out and make the team in 2010 and 2011 posting really solid numbers both times. i know i sound like a drum beater, but she's a special player and can't wait to see her suit up next year.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Next year is going to be very interesting. Tuck will demand minutes. (on edit, I don't mean verbally, I mean by her play)
Yes, it will be interesting. Breanna and Tuck come in, pretty much ready to contribute. Kelly is the incumbent. Tiff leaves and Kaleena should start in her place. Kelly's minutes almost certainly will come down, but so will others to make way for the two newcomers. And of course there is Moriah. Kiah and Brianna, and maybe to a lesser extent MJ will be challenged to accelerate their growth. I have 100% confidence that Geno and the coaches will figure it out.

Reaction Score
Yes, it will be interesting. Breanna and Tuck come in, pretty much ready to contribute. Kelly is the incumbent. Tiff leaves and Kaleena should start in her place. Kelly's minutes almost certainly will come down, but so will others to make way for the two newcomers. And of course there is Moriah. Kiah and Brianna, and maybe to a lesser extent MJ will be challenged to accelerate their growth. I have 100% confidence that Geno and the coaches will figure it out.
Nice problem to have I suppose unless it leads to disatisfaction on the player's parts.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice problem to have I suppose unless it leads to disatisfaction on the player's parts.
sometimes that is the case, as it was with Samarie, but her leaving had less to do with dissatisfaction with her role on the team and more with being homesick, the expectations of being part of a UCONN team, and personal issues. I can't think of a single kid who came to UCONN expecting to play minutes only to leave because they didn't.

Geno is very vocal about his recruiting pitch - Shea said it really succinctly - she was told by Geno that if she was good, she'd get minutes. if she was not, she'd sit on the bench. it's all about effort and commitment from the players. i asked Geno the one time i met him who the most difficult player was to acclimate into the UCONN family and he said Shea. Kids might think they are prepared for the intensity of UCONN, but as Brianna Banks said "my going hard, and their going hard are 2 different things".

my point is i know kids have thought about leaving due to how hard it is to be a UCONN player (Lobo for instance) and how hard the coaches can be on the kids, but they generally stuck it out. the kids who left never seemed to do so from lack of PT.

Samarie, Kristen Phillips, Rash Sadiq, and then Sherwood and Robinson all left for a variety of reasons, but i'm betting none were because of lack of PT since Geno never promises that anyway...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Samarie, Kristen Phillips, Rash Sadiq, and then Sherwood and Robinson all left for a variety of reasons, but i'm betting none were because of lack of PT since Geno never promises that anyway...

I thought Glenney might have left due to playing time issues???

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
What we know about why players leave is usualy whatever t6he player and coaching staff want to put out for public consumption. I know that Glenney stated publicly that she wanted more playing time and there were probably others.
Just because Auriemma doesn't promise playing time doesn't mean that players don't want it. Next years incoming frosh will get plenty of minutes but don't look for any of them to displace any of the upperclassmen.

Reaction Score
I'm soooooo not worried about that.

Sadly injuries will probably take care of the problem. We've got a seven to nine man roation right now. That presumably goes up to nine to eleven next year. One or two injuries would get that down to a manageable number in no time. If not, those whose minutes get squeezed will probably have multiple trophy presentations at which to console themselves.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What we know about why players leave is usualy whatever t6he player and coaching staff want to put out for public consumption. I know that Glenney stated publicly that she wanted more playing time and there were probably others.
It wasn't so much Marcie as it was her Parental Unit.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I thought Glenney might have left due to playing time issues???
that is possible. i did not go that far back. she was before 1998's TASSK force class. maybe the class of 1997? i didn't mention Kennitra Johnson either who was the class of 1999...

on edit i see Nan had some comments on the issue. clearly i'd defer to her memory. sounds like the PT issues, if they existed, were more of a problem for her overly-involved parent...

Reaction Score
might just be to help stabilize the knee. "Bolingbrook freshman Morgan Tuck tore the ACL in her left knee during a scrimmage Saturday (june 2009)at the USA Basketball trials in Colorado.:"

by the way she went on to try out and make the team in 2010 and 2011 posting really solid numbers both times. i know i sound like a drum beater, but she's a special player and can't wait to see her suit up next year.
She made the teams in 2010 and 2011. I am not sure of this,though I did read it! 9th grade/FR she was ranked #1 in that class. Is this true/verifiable? E,lets chat this weekend if possible.Maybe,lol,we can figure out how to include others:) Hope you were able to see the game against Texas A&M.6,6 1/2,7,8,9:cool: the key to how far we go this season.
I admit we are further along and playing better than I had anticipated. Kelly has continued to give it all,now at the 4. Geno,CDsr,etal have to again be givien credit for making huge adjustments based on who we have. 4 guards and Dolson. He and the staff have got to be looking forward to Tuck and Stewart coming in next season WOW! Add Mo to learn and grow from a great and deep guard group is exciting. Gen0 knows he has a special deep group at every position:p Did you hear him comparing Stewart to Kevin Garnett?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
[quote="ericsandiego, post: 103063] i didn't mention Kennitra Johnson either who was the class of 1999...[/quote]
KJ left because she was shy and wasn't at all comfortable in the UConn fishbowl. She never uttered a word about playing time - or anything else. Tamika Williams once wisecracked that she got KJ to smile, but not talk.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
[quote="ericsandiego, post: 103063] i didn't mention Kennitra Johnson either who was the class of 1999...
KJ left because she was shy and wasn't at all comfortable in the UConn fishbowl. She never uttered a word about playing time - or anything else. Tamika Williams once wisecracked that she got KJ to smile, but not talk.[/quote]

I hated losing KJ, she had so much ability and athleticism. Could she have helped beat ND in the Final Four in 2001? She was gone by then, as I recall.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It wasn't so much Marcie as it was her Parental Unit.

I always found it so odd that Marcie left. She did those teaching videos with Geno. Seemed like one of his favorites, and then just like that she transferred out. I'm willing to blame the parents.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
KJ left because she was shy and wasn't at all comfortable in the UConn fishbowl. She never uttered a word about playing time - or anything else. Tamika Williams once wisecracked that she got KJ to smile, but not talk.

I hated losing KJ, she had so much ability and athleticism. Could she have helped beat ND in the Final Four in 2001? She was gone by then, as I recall.[/quote]

Yea, that's the way I remember it. Really liked her too. She could have been a really good player for UConn.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Getting back to Morgan Tuck for just a moment, she scored 38 in Bolingbrook's in-state opener last night.
http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/
Morgan is not conceding NPOY to Breanna. :) She has had 2 monster games already--40 and 38--plus another very good game. Let's see what she does at the TOC.

Playing PG at Bolingbrook? Get the ball over halfcourt and then get the ball to #44. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom