TSam hinting at possible off court issues affecting on court performance | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TSam hinting at possible off court issues affecting on court performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Worst post ever?

Worst post ever.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Could also be as simple of guys staying up and playing Texas Hold'em in a hotel room. So, until more info is available certainly no one should be naming names. Boat wants an NBA contract so tossing his name out as a pregame party animal is irresponsible.

Reaction Score
I remember what Bill Parcells said when he "retired" after winning the 1991 Super Bowl,
"It's easier to attain than to maintain."

Reaction Score
alexd. said:
I remember what Bill Parcells said when he "retired" after winning the 1991 Super Bowl, "It's easier to attain than to maintain."

True of anything. Once the goal is reached, we tend to rest. Only a handful of people never stop giving a true 100%. I believe KO resides in that handful. If he is struggling, he'll persevere.

pj

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, and the op of this thread could have interpreted that TSam was hinting that asparagus futures will be a good investment in the coming months and been only slightly less off base.

Tell me more about asparagus futures. Is TSam really an asparagus insider?

Reaction Score
As a recent graduate (May '14) I can tell you that the guys are not out drinking before games. I would see them at the bars last year but never the night before a game and they didn't drink. Perhaps TS was referring to better strategic planning/scouting...

Reaction Score
“I feel like we’ve got to prepare better, starting from the day before the game into the hotel, right before we leave. We’ve just got to do certain things differently before the game.”

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2015/01/kevin-ollie-theres-got-to-be-some.html?m=1

To me it seems he his hinting at some of the team members (or the team as a whole) not being very responsible the night before games. It has happened before this season, when 4 guys were suspended before the West Virginia game for violating team rules.

It would explain why Boat look so tired against Tulsa, and why the team as a whole just looked so off, except for TSam who had his best game of his career (offensively) and DHam, who Terrence has tried to act as a mentor to.

This could be good news, if addressed. It means team could be a lot better through a quick fix. Would explain games like Tulsa, and Yale.
You're making a lot of inferences and assumptions. Which most of the time gets you further from the real meaning of the comments. As Fishy pointed out you could go anywhere from these comments. Until TSam gives more detail on his comment I think it's best not to try to dissect what he said.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
you also sound like you didn't have much fun in college...who makes jokes with asparagus and futures in the same sentence...
ad_155609674.jpg

Linky

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I didn't see the Tulsa game, but I believe it was on the 1 year anniversary of the death of Boat's cousin. That could explain some distraction on his part. I highly doubt he'd be partying given the circumstances.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As a recent graduate (May '14) I can tell you that the guys are not out drinking before games. I would see them at the bars last year but never the night before a game and they didn't drink. Perhaps TS was referring to better strategic planning/scouting...

I graduated in the 70's and I got high with a few of the players only hours before the game - maybe times have changed!!!!

I really doubt that in these days of such tight control (everywhere but in P. Rico) and so many coaches, mentors, etc. that these guys have time to party before games. i suspect because of the cellphones, video games, etc. there is an outlet that allows them some non basketball related activities that may have some impact on game prep. Boat especially has way too much riding on this season but that doesn't mean that he can't be out of sync a game or two - both Bazz and Kemba had off days BUT usually someone else picked up the slack. This year, so far, that has not been the norm.

As this season progresses, I think more focus will be required or they will have a full month of March to party, goof off...................

Reaction Score
True of anything. Once the goal is reached, we tend to rest. Only a handful of people never stop giving a true 100%. I believe KO resides in that handful. If he is struggling, he'll persevere.
Its even more magnified with young people. How to motivate teenagers is an age old mystery, especially after they have accomplished their short team goal.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but do you have a mini-basketball that Lew Perkins signed because he thought you were kind of amusing on the internet a decade ago?

No?

THEN DON'T EVEN PRETEND YOU'RE FIT TO LOOK ME IN THE EYE!

IMG_2773.jpg

Long story behind that. Actually, it's a short story. Both are boring.

I take it your regular pharmacist is on vacation?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If your telling yourself that the players don't drink or smoke the night before games then you are seriously lost. It's ****ing college. I knew people that would get loaded before tests, straight A students and athletes. A game is no different.

Reaction Score
I should have pointed out that I'm usually impressed with myself for that moment until I am deflated when I realize it is you.

Be glad you don't have 5k posts on football game threads that pretty much equate to: I feel an interception coming.
Get a room you two.

Reaction Score
If your telling yourself that the players don't drink or smoke the night before games then you are seriously lost. It's ****ing college. I knew people that would get loaded before tests, straight A students and athletes. A game is no different.

I feel pretty comfortable saying the kids on this team aren't drinking or getting high the night before games. These aren't field hockey players at the bar the night before their geology midterm. This thread is ridiculous.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Looks like chap got into the comments section of that blog, with a little better English. Someone needs to find that cranky old duck* a hobby before he ruins the whole internet.

Oh yeah, and the op of this thread could have interpreted that TSam was hinting that asparagus futures will be a good investment in the coming months and been only slightly less off base.

How about scrimshaw for a hobby?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The whole Tulsa is boring thing - what's that about? They have a Waffle House - more than one actually. Our guys had access to hot, delicious waffles are rock-bottom prices around the clock. Who wouldn't f up and forgo basketball responsibilities with that factor in the mix?

Reaction Score
joober jones said:
The whole Tulsa is boring thing - what's that about? They have a Waffle House - more than one actually. Our guys had access to hot, delicious waffles are rock-bottom prices around the clock. Who wouldn't f up and forgo basketball responsibilities with that factor in the mix?

The problem is, when the coaches do bed checks and smell the faint hint of maple syrup wafting through the room, they'll know exactly what's going on.

You can try cracking a window or lighting incense, but the maple syrup smell is very stubborn.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The problem is, when the coaches do bed checks and smell the faint hint of maple syrup wafting through the room, they'll know exactly what's going on.

You can try cracking a window or lighting incense, but the maple syrup smell is very stubborn.

You don't need to tell that to a guy who grew up in puck-slapping, syrup guzzling Oakbank, Manitoba.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I wish I could be less blunt, but this is a really stupid post.

You can't be less "blunt"? That is either BS or you have some really strong disabilities.
I agree with your point but I don't know why you would respond to a sincere post by trying to make someone feel as stupid as possible.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You can't be less "blunt"? That is either BS or you have some really strong disabilities.
I agree with your point but I don't know why you would respond to a sincere post by trying to make someone feel as stupid as possible.

I agree completely.

The original poster was sincere in his efforts to attribute some sort of malfeasance to the players based on some vague, yet honest interpretation of a relatively innocent quote. If the original poster left the reader with the impression that he thought Boatright was tired due to some sort of partying or drug use or maybe both, that's just the product of his honesty and sincerity.

He did not deserve the kind of vitriol that this pair of 11 people immediately threw his way. People here should be free to offer rampant and baseless speculation without having to worry that some hooligan is going to call them an over it.

Those 11 guys are very bad.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
I agree completely. The original poster was sincere in his efforts to attribute some sort of malfeasance to the players based on some vague, yet honest interpretation of a relatively innocent quote. If the original poster left the reader with the impression that he thought Boatright was tired due to some sort of partying or drug use or maybe both, that's just the product of his honesty and sincerity. He did not deserve the kind of vitriol that this pair of 11 people immediately threw his way. People here should be free to offer rampant and baseless speculation without having to worry that some hooligan is going to call them an over it. Those 11 guys are very bad.

Whew. I saw this post when it just said "I agree completely" and nothing else, before the next two paragraphs were edited in.

For a moment there, I thought maybe there were two Fishys now, too - to keep pace with the 11s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom