TSam hinting at possible off court issues affecting on court performance | Page 3 | The Boneyard

TSam hinting at possible off court issues affecting on court performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I took a step back, assessed things and decided that I could be much, much douchier if I just applied myself a little more.

Actually, I got distracted.

Shawshank and Green Mile are on at the same time and it's the closest I ever get to being conflicted.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I agree completely.

The original poster was sincere in his efforts to attribute some sort of malfeasance to the players based on some vague, yet honest interpretation of a relatively innocent quote. If the original poster left the reader with the impression that he thought Boatright was tired due to some sort of partying or drug use or maybe both, that's just the product of his honesty and sincerity.

He did not deserve the kind of vitriol that this pair of 11 people immediately threw his way. People here should be free to offer rampant and baseless speculation without having to worry that some hooligan is going to call them an over it.

Those 11 guys are very bad.

I saw another 11 registered in the last few days.

Won't someone think of the children.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I wish I could be less blunt in telling certain posters that they are the dumbest organism capable of auto-location since the beginning of time.
I tried.Was going to say they were just the dumbest since the earth cooled. But I couldn't.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, the major issue is we don't have shooters - the rest that develops from that just masks the core problem.

Reaction Score
I'm sure most posters on this board who went to UConn (or even were just there for that matter) have first hand accounts of players having fun off the court, even in season. They're college kids it is what it is, not reason they lost, assuming they were even doing anything, which they're probably weren't.

Reaction Score
Now I am going to post like a 15 year old. My 4 "likes" and my quoted posts (whaler, not you) are from 5 of the maybe 8 remaining worthwhile posters on the board. I'll take it. Too much whiskey, I am going to sleep. You should do the same.

Edit. Now I'm at like a 7/8. If I got a like from champs or nomar, I'd have to call it a night, and you should call it a career. Time to prepare for the hangover....

1. Its really cute that you keep track of who "likes" your comments...it really is

2. Some advice for you: In regards to you taking posting on the boneyard so seriously, please immediately stop whatever it is you are doing, sit down, take a deep breath, then slap yourself across the face

YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE 1600 POSTS ON THE BONEYARD AT THE AGE OF 15!

Take some time off the boneyard and live your life a little. I sincerely applaud you for your passion for uconn, but that doesn't mean you should spend so much time posting here.

You are too young, this place is a uconn version of facebook for old grumpy men, without pictures (for good reason).

Hit the courts, hit the books, just stop hitting the "post" button here so often.

I wish I could be a little less blunt, but you will thank me later.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
All I'm gonna say is you guys are insane if you don't think these guys are going out. And yes, that includes nights before games. Been with them plenty of times.

C

Chief00

All I'm gonna say is you guys are insane if you don't think these guys are going out. And yes, that includes nights before games. Been with them plenty of times.

I get it they are college kids. Even given that they still need to use some judgement. Going out the night before a night game is not a great idea but one can probably live with that. When I have a problem with it is if it's a night before a day game - especially a noon type start. When someone does that they disrespect their teammates and coaches.

Reaction Score
lawl you probably saw one hooper out at a bar once, and now the entire squad parties before games. thats bs because i know first hand. these guys are taking games very seriously. Dham didn't come to cold ass ct to party he could have had that close to the crib. all they do is play vid games at most, maybe chill with a broad nights before a big game, they def aren't chugging vodka

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
lawl you probably saw one hooper out at a bar once, and now the entire squad parties before games. thats bs because i know first hand. these guys are taking games very seriously. Dham didn't come to cold ass ct to party he could have had that close to the crib. all they do is play vid games at most, maybe chill with a broad nights before a big game, they def aren't chugging vodka

is this english?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This is 100% true and I can attest.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Looked like TSam got a lot less burn last night. His talk to the media probably earned him that.

Reaction Score
Looked like TSam got a lot less burn last night. His talk to the media probably earned him that.
And had nothing to do with Purvis, Omar and even Cassell all playing well and hitting shots

Reaction Score

Of course they go out, but they aren't getting smashed at the bars or parties the night before a game. From what I saw over the last 4 years the main focus was going out and getting girls. I'm sure most of them smoke, especially in the off season, but even if they do the night before a game I don't see a major problem with it as you're not going to be hungover compared to drinking.

Reaction Score
If your telling yourself that the players don't drink or smoke the night before games then you are seriously lost. It's ****ing college. I knew people that would get loaded before tests, straight A students and athletes. A game is no different.

I played club lacrosse at UConn, and it was made pretty clear to us that there would be no shenanigans the day before a game, under penalty of the kind of deranged that lacrosse players do to people they're mad at. I'd have to imagine that the same holds true for players who are on scholarship and who are more intensely scrutinized.

Reaction Score
I played club lacrosse at UConn, and it was made pretty clear to us that there would be no shenanigans the day before a game, under penalty of the kind of deranged that lacrosse players do to people they're mad at. I'd have to imagine that the same holds true for players who are on scholarship and who are more intensely scrutinized.
Club lacrosse?..really? Lol what would happen if you broke the rules? Would you have to pay for the team t shirt that was free to everyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom