Trying to rebuild the fan base. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Trying to rebuild the fan base.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I love how Chief has “11:11”on the football board and Andre Drummond in Storrs with “hot looking ” on the basketball board.

Except the rubes on the basketball board still take him seriously, for whatever reason.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Here you go - and ironically on the thread you were telling me how wrong I was. You can’t make this stuff up. And I was told to go back to the basketball board.
New Year's Wish

Here you go fraud.

3 weeks before

Is there a chance we get a New Year's Surprise

You even stole my title.

It was info I got from three people on the Boneyard that I put together. They were actually the ones who knew. They have never tried to claim the credit.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Except the rubes on the basketball board still take him seriously, for whatever reason.
“Plans change”

Never mind the fact he was giving a play by play of Dre’s alledged actions at the time.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Would the football revenue and attendance numbers look better if the 7th home game was played in East Hartford instead of Fenway? Was the Fenway game a net positive revenue stream after travel and lodging costs? I know it was not even close to a net positive for advancing the program. Certainly did not capture the imagination of any casual fan. I think you would have had more tickets sold for that game in East Hartford than were actually sold in Fenway.
UConn got $1.2 million guaranteed for the game at Fenway- they would have needed a sellout plus to net that at the Rent. For UConn this game was manna from heaven. The publicity in Boston was great and except for higher ticket prices and a longer trip, this was a great experience for those who attended.

C

Chief00

Here you go fraud.

3 weeks before

Is there a chance we get a New Year's Surprise

You even stole my title.

It was info I got from three people on the Boneyard that I put together. They were actually the ones who knew. They have never tried to claim the credit.

You are not serious are you? Your post predicted a “10-20% “chance it would happen. So that means you were 80-90% predicting it wouldn’t. I said it would!

Reaction Score
Here you go - and ironically on the thread you were telling me how wrong I was. You can’t make this stuff up. And I was told to go back to the basketball board.
New Year's Wish

How many laps of backstroking did you do in that thread?

“Maybe”, “not confirmed”, “I did not present as fact”.

You guessed Moorhead was going to be Coach, threw it out there and tied it to after the PSU bowl game. Diaco was whacked on the 26th and you tried to claim your vision as a prediction. There was no prediction.

It’s your M.O. - everyone knows it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
UConn got $1.2 million guaranteed for the game at Fenway- they would have needed a sellout plus to net that at the Rent. For UConn this game was manna from heaven. The publicity in Boston was great and except for higher ticket prices and a longer trip, this was a great experience for those who attended.
And the 40 degree weather and sideways rain. And losing by 30 or whatever it was. Aside from that I had a blast.

Reaction Score
Chief knows at least someone tangentially related to the basketball program. I've always said his biggest problem is that he's not a good listener. Every prediction is just telephone and it's hard to play telephone when you're a terrible listener.

As for football, he's never been right about anything.

C

Chief00

How many laps of backstroking did you do in that thread?

“Maybe”, “not confirmed”, “I did not present as fact”.

You guessed Moorhead was going to be Coach, threw it out there and tied it to after the PSU bowl game. Diaco was whacked on the 26th and you tried to claim your vision as a prediction. There was no prediction.

It’s your M.O. - everyone knows it.

Let’s be real - you can nitpick about how I broke the Diaco fired story, but you were in such denial about it - it’s amazing you have the ego to point your finger at anyone.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Let’s be real - you can nitpick about how I broke the Diaco fired story, but you were in such denial about it - it’s amazing you have the ego to point your finger at anyone.

Chief complaining about someone else's ego?

"Holy Lolz"

C

Chief00

If you guys weren’t so blinded by anger and jealousy you could have a normal and healthy reaction when Chief breaks news - As many of posters did after Chief was proven right on KO. You can learn from these posters.
Chief, Our Prophet, Was Right Again!

C

Chief00

6C1C5524-06EB-4D8A-AE74-0FA9F70B806A.png

Reaction when Chief’s Drummond prediction was coming true. LOL

C

Chief00

Chief knows at least someone tangentially related to the basketball program. I've always said his biggest problem is that he's not a good listener. Every prediction is just telephone and it's hard to play telephone when you're a terrible listener.

As for football, he's never been right about anything.

Its funny how someone who IM’s me for information, makes a post like this. When it’s all about sucking up to the wrong crowd, you end up in ignoranceville.

For someone who I have never had a conversation with, it’s amazing how you have determined I don’t listen well. It’s embarassing how little sense you are making.
Good luck.

Reaction Score
Its funny how someone who IM’s me for information, makes a post like this. When it’s all about sucking up to the wrong crowd, you end up in ignoranceville.
I've given you plenty in return. Like I said, you clearly know someone and get information related to basketball. I just don't think you always get the full story or you misinterpret things. Lots of moving parts, I get it.

C

Chief00

I've given you plenty in return. Like I said, you clearly know someone and get information related to basketball. I just don't think you always get the full story or you misinterpret things. Lots of moving parts, I get it.
As close as Whaler11 gets to getting something right is saying there is a 10-20% chance Diaco gets fired and then brags about it - how sad. And I know nothing about football and he does. Yet, I predicted Diaco was fired.
So next time IM Whaler11 and you will have a 80-90% chance of getting wrong information. Good luck.

Reaction Score
As close as Whaler11 gets to getting something right is saying there is a 10-20% chance Diaco gets fired and then brags about it - how sad. And I know nothing about football and he does. Yet, I predicted Diaco was fired.
So next time IM Whaler11 and you will have a 80-90% chance of getting wrong information. Good luck.
Whaler doesn't claim to be an expert or be plugged in. You revel in it, which is fine, but when you give yourself that status you also invite criticism. Most of the time if I'm PMing you it's "have you heard about..." Not just a blanket "what's going on."

C

Chief00

Whaler doesn't claim to be an expert or be plugged in. You revel in it, which is fine, but when you give yourself that status you also invite criticism. Most of the time if I'm PMing you it's "have you heard about..." Not just a blanket "what's going on."
First rule of journalism is don’t burn your sources.

Reaction Score
Denial? I had no clue whether he was coming back or not. I asked you a direct question in the thread you posted and you ignored it because you didn't know how to answer it without backing yourself in a corner.
So to clarify this post - you are saying there will be an "announcement" after 1/2 regarding the head coach and it could be he's staying or could be he's leaving?
I could care less when you are right about something but like another insecure figure of late, just because you keep saying something that is inaccurate/misrepresented over and over and over again - it doesn't' make it true for the rest of us.

Reaction Score
What publicity in Boston? There were no expansive articles or news stories about the game. It wasn’t even a sell out.

What about the actual outcome of the game and how bad Uconn was beaten up in a crap weather game where the stands looked empty on TV? Where the only fans shown celebrating were BC fans?

I concede it was a revenue winner versus the rent, but I thought giving up a home game with what would have been a big game to go to play in Fenway was dumb when it was announced and think that the overall experience was a net negative for the perception of the program.

C

Chief00

Denial? I had no clue whether he was coming back or not. I asked you a direct question in the thread you posted and you ignored it because you didn't know how to answer it without backing yourself in a corner.

I could care less when you are right about something but like another insecure figure of late, just because you keep saying something that is inaccurate/misrepresented over and over and over again - it doesn't' make it true for the rest of us.

View attachment 32865

You are ridiculous loser - I don’t read every post someone posts - it’s clear what I predicted. You are so funny, you say I wrongly said Moorehead would be the replacement coach but now say I did not predict Diaco would get fired. How could I predict before Diaco got fired who the replacement coach would be - if I wasn’t predicting Diaco got fired. You guys have no logic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom