Trying to rebuild the fan base. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Trying to rebuild the fan base.

C

Chief00

Whaler doesn't claim to be an expert or be plugged in. You revel in it, which is fine, but when you give yourself that status you also invite criticism. Most of the time if I'm PMing you it's "have you heard about..." Not just a blanket "what's going on."
I don’t use the term insider. Where do you get that from? That’s your term not mine. I don’t brag about who I know, as proof of that you can’t name one source I have.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
If you guys weren’t so blinded by anger and jealousy you could have a normal and healthy reaction when Chief breaks news - As many of posters did after Chief was proven right on KO. You can learn from these posters.
Chief, Our Prophet, Was Right Again!

It’s my pleasure to be on the front lines for you. As another great prophet of recent times noted, the moral arc of the universe bends towards justice. You may be getting criticized now, but the truth will eventually come to light.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It’s my pleasure to be on the front lines for you. As another great prophet of recent times noted, the moral arc of the universe bends towards justice. You may be getting criticized now, but the truth will eventually come to light.

*rolls eyes out of their sockets*

C

Chief00

Give me Don Brown’s attacking D all day. Live or die by the blitz. Bend, bend, break is as frustrating as run, run, pass, punt.

Agree. Randy is going to succeed or fail on being stubborn. I have warned this will be a fail.

Reaction Score
I don’t use the term insider. Where do you get that from? That’s your term not mine. I don’t brag about who I know, as proof of that you can’t name one source I have.

You can’t be serious.

Also, you need to post in the third person, otherwise you come across as a casual fan.

C

Chief00

you realize it is an attacking style defense, right? and that most of the defense wasn't even installed last year because the players couldn't even do the basics?

LOL - Quite frankly, to me an attacking style defense is getting sacks, gang tackling in the vicinity of the line of scrimmage zip code and pressuring everywhere. You are right, if this is suppose to be an attacking defense scheme, it wasn’t installed last year.

So when, in your view, will it be installed? If this season, specifically who will be the difference makers? We lost our two best defensive players by most accounts (Foley, Diggs).

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

You can’t be serious.

Also, you need to post in the third person, otherwise you come across as a casual fan.
Where did I call myself an insider? Quite frankly, it’s a word I never use unprompted. Give me an example? Most stuff I know never makes this board.

Reaction Score
LOL - Quite frankly, to me an attacking style defense is getting sacks, gang tackling in the vicinity of the line of scrimmage zip code and pressuring everywhere. You are right, if this is suppose to be an attacking defense scheme, it wasn’t installed last year.

So when, in your view, will it be installed? If this season, specifically what new personnel will be the difference makers? They lost their two or three best defensive players by most accounts (Foley, Diggs and Joseph?).

dude just go read about the 3-3-5 defense and how the scheme works. or go rewatch the entire Villanova game from 2015. It's on huskygames. they said multiple times last year that the defense wasn't fully installed.

Sure, maybe Crocker does end up being a dud, but statistically the defense wasn't that much worse last year than in 2016 and we lost a lot that year, too. The problem right now is players. We have a bunch of young kids who show promise and then a bunch of FCS Caliber athletes. you're confusing scheme with players.

C

Chief00

dude just go read about the 3-3-5 defense and how the scheme works. or go rewatch the entire Villanova game from 2015. It's on huskygames. they said multiple times last year that the defense wasn't fully installed.

Sure, maybe Crocker does end up being a dud, but statistically the defense wasn't that much worse last year than in 2016 and we lost a lot that year, too. The problem right now is players. We have a bunch of young kids who show promise and then a bunch of FCS Caliber athletes. you're confusing scheme with players.

So if we need players, who did Crocker recruit for the front 6?

Reaction Score
Where did I call myself an insider? Quite frankly, it’s a word I never use unprompted. Give me an example? Most stuff I know never makes this board.
Shirley you can't be serious.

C

Chief00

Travis Jones, Dillon Harris, TJ Gardner, Hunter Webb, Jonathan Pace, Lwal Uguak, Kevon Jones, Caleb Thomas
Let’s deconstruct:
- I don’t believe he had anything to do with Harris - at any rate he won’t be playing for us in 2018 unless something changes.
Orsmby last year had the most sacks for any player since 2012.
So now that he has all these guys, will his great defensive scheme be implemented in 2018?

- Jones is a player but was an offensive recruit until Crocker’s bread box was bare
- Ormsby was not a Cocker recruit and is gone. Along with Foley and Diggs was there 3 best players. All gone.
- Harris won’t be on campus in 2018, unless something changes

Reaction Score
Let’s deconstruct:
- I don’t believe he had anything to do with Harris - at any rate he won’t be playing for us in 2018 unless something changes.

So now that he has all these guys, will his great defensive scheme be implemented in 2018?

- Jones is a player but was an offensive recruit until Crocker’s bread box was bare
- Ormsby was not a Cocker recruit and is gone. Along with Foley and Diggs was there 3 best players. All gone.
- Harris won’t be on campus in 2018, unless something changes
Holy cow. A post not about congratulating yourself for "predicting" something (the obvious). Congratulations.

Reaction Score
You're saying you'd like an aggressive defense, well a player recording the most sacks since 2012 seems to be a little bit of indication what somebody can do in Crocker's scheme, no? 7 sacks in 9 games, previous career-high was 4 sacks in 12 GP's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom