Trying to rebuild the fan base. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Trying to rebuild the fan base.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Without getting too technical, the definition of a fair weather fan is one who supports only winners. People love winners,
Which really isn't unique to sports fandom, but the view is far more negative.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Which really isn't unique to sports fandom, but the view is far more negative.

Not worth debating. I go to the games regardless I think it’s ridiculous to pay for tickets and parking just to tailgate and get wasted. You can do the same. in the backyard and not drunk drive home. And believe me, sitting through most games the last half dozen years was. no tailgate party.

Reaction Score
It is harder to sell tickets to see a good Houston team than it is to see a bad Cuse or BC team.

If we have a winning team I disagree. If we were a top 25 team playing a top 25 UCF team we're getting a big crowd. Bigger crowd than we'd be getting if we were still in the Big East but winning 2 or 3 games a year imo.

Reaction Score
Certainly did not capture the imagination of any casual fan. I think you would have had more tickets sold for that game in East Hartford than were actually sold in Fenway.

I disagree. Pregaming for the game in the bars around Fenway, felt the most pregame buzz since probably the Michigan game. 2nd most in that time frame might have been Army at Yankee Stadium. Atmosphere in Fenway at least from the UConn fans was one of the best in a long time until things got out of hand. Obviously itd be better to do these type of events without giving up a home game, and I'm not saying we should make them yearly things as the gimmick could lose its luster pretty quickly, but I think these types of games every few years is a great idea.

C

Chief00

Stick to basketball, Chief.

I have been consistently right about BC the DC so far. Unfortunately, batting 1,000.

Also, Chief was right about Diaco getting fired.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The mods placed me on Chief's ignore, but someone please tell him that just because you declare you're correct doesn't mean you actually are correct.

Reaction Score
I have been consistently right about BC the DC so far. Unfortunately, batting 1,000.

Also, Chief was right about Diaco getting fired.

Only in your mind... I don’t have the time/effort/desire to go back into the search function where you have been proven consistently wrong and provide the threads again for all to see. We’ve been through this ad nauseum on these two topics. There were even screen shots proving your description of the defense inaccurate.

Reaction Score
The mods placed me on Chief's ignore, but someone please tell him that just because you declare you're correct doesn't mean you actually are correct.
Chief is a terrible football fan. Knows nothing about modern football. I'm sure he'd be great teaching us about the single wing or T offense but his lack of experience with anything newer is very apparent.

C

Chief00

Consistently? It was one season. Literally impossible to be consistent when there's only one event lol. That's the definition of the word.

How many games are in a season? A pretty good sampling of doing the same thing and getting predictably bad results.

C

Chief00

Only in your mind... I don’t have the time/effort/desire to go back into the search function where you have been proven consistently wrong and provide the threads for all to see and have them make up their own mind.

Predicted Diaco would be fired before Christmas - it happened soon after Christmas.

Husky25

Reaction Score
If we have a winning team I disagree. If we were a top 25 team playing a top 25 UCF team we're getting a big crowd. Bigger crowd than we'd be getting if we were still in the Big East but winning 2 or 3 games a year imo.
Same. Opponent matters to some degree, but I go to UConn games to watch UConn.

C

Chief00

Hurr Durr crocker should have recruited better players during the season.
The best player playing as a FR on defense this season will be a recruit who was recruited for offense but Randy converted to defense. Jones from New Haven.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Not worth debating. I go to the games regardless I think it’s ridiculous to pay for tickets and parking just to tailgate and get wasted. You can do the same. in the backyard and not drunk drive home. And believe me, sitting through most games the last half dozen years was. no tailgate party.
You don't have to tell me. I was there too.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Eh, I'll do it at 11:11.

Reaction Score
The best player playing as a FR on defense this season will be a recruit who was recruited for offense but Randy converted to defense. Jones from New Haven.
First of all, that has nothing to do with what we're talking about

Second of all, you're really going out on a limb there. Our highest rated defensive recruit at the position with the lowest learning curve in football is going to be our best defensive freshman! What a prediction!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I love how Chief has “11:11”on the football board and Andre Drummond in Storrs with “hot looking ” on the basketball board.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom