True Motives of Selection Committee | Page 3 | The Boneyard

True Motives of Selection Committee

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am not one for conspiracy theories as they take too much of a toll feeding on negative energy and in most cases confound logic so I am going to Pass on those ideas. What I will say is after having watched the selection show and the interview with the committee chair and then Geno's video on his thoughts is that West Virginia won the Big 12 and beat three ranked teams and had a very good record receiveda rank of #6 while Tennessee received #5 seed after finishing 7th and getting bounced early in their tournament. Yet the chair says, "we thought their quality win out weigh their loses". Seriously? West Virginia was really short changed and the committee logic was not consistent.

Reaction Score
Ah c'mon folks. Ya got to play it like it lays. The UConn team feels that way: take on all comers, all the time.

I hope the team's not reading these blogs.

They don't

Reaction Score
PROPOGANDA ! We listen o it every year. Separate your heart from your brain ! The NCAA tournament is a big money, MADE FOR TV , 3 week event. I am not surprised at all at many of the seedings. I mean, how many easy games are " any team " supposed to get ? People arond the country will watch competitive games. The sport is growing. The Huskies will lose if they shoot under 32%, get in terrible foul trouble, or just " don't show up ". I disregard the last scenario. The huskies live for this time of year. The huskies may have an off night shooting, but noone in this bracket is going to force that to happen. And someone still has to guard , KLS, PHEES, and GABBY. I won't bring up officiating , because we all know the games are up to the players. The huskies know how to game plan, and make adjustments. I look forward to an entertaining tournament!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
concur. IMO, no sense to get too angry at the committee... I think those who have to beat UCONN in the Bridgeport Region got more "screwed" than UCONN did... First assuming MD gets past Bucknell (which is reasonable to assume), they will have to deal with WV {glad it's MD who will get to test them}... then if MD wins, they and Duke will beat each other up before either has a chance to play UCONN. UCONN should have no trouble with Albany...except for the 11am start. Then they should fare well against Syracuse or ISU... then things will get more difficult as should be expected...but UCLA was only #4 Team in Pac12 and TAMU was only #6 in SEC... they are 4 and 5 seeds, but seriously?? Then it's Elite 8...and if the seeds hold, it's either MD or Duke. UCONN beat MD at their place with a packed house (17,000+ fans)...with a sickness in the locker room, but we still had nearly 20 point lead into 4th quarter when we eased off the gas a bit... UCONN will NOT ease off in Elite 8... and if it's Duke... they tied for 2nd in ACC, a weak league this year...and someone we have not played/beaten but they are ranked below 4 teams we have beaten. Then in FF, it could be SouthCarolina...but we always knew it could easily be them, ND or Baylor. We've beaten them all, and we have to show we can do it again. The way the Team is playing (reference USF game in AAC final)...I sure like our chances. Geno will have them ready! Our girls won't want to let the streak be broken at this time of the season with the final goal so close. In Geno We Trust!!! Go Huskies!!!!

If the ACC was a weak league this year, which league was a strong league?

Reaction Score
Uconn games are a good TV draw. But will it help the games to watch them play against weak competition. I don't think so. So it makes sense, viewership wise. to match them up against as many teams as possible who would give them some sort of run for their money. They don't really expect them to knock off UConn because that would hurt viewership down the line. So giving them a harder path makes sense.

Reaction Score
I understand that no matter how the bracket falls some fans of some school are going to see it as a conspiracy against them. But this threads and other threads of its ilk (on this board and others) amuse me in that they complain of the bracket preemptively.

Will there not be sufficient time to complain about the bracket *after* it is revealed?
I think everyone is just preparing... this is like an intro :)

Reaction Score
Uconn games are a good TV draw. But will it help the games to watch them play against weak competition. I don't think so. So it makes sense, viewership wise. to match them up against as many teams as possible who would give them some sort of run for their money. They don't really expect them to knock off UConn because that would hurt viewership down the line. So giving them a harder path makes sense.

That's not the way to run a railroad. If I thought for a minute that they were taking anything that you've said into consideration, I wouldn't watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom