True Detective, Season 3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

True Detective, Season 3

Reaction Score
Ending was excellent. I was prepared for an unhappy ending, but in a way, it was actually a pleasant way to end a trail of wrecked lives. I have one plot hole I can't quite fill:

How did Julie know to call in around episode 3 or 4 and say Purcell wasn't her father if she didn't know she was Julie?

Becasuse some random guy was on the TV saying that he WAS her father, yet as far as she knew at that point, she only had a "mother" and the African-American caretaker as parents.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Julie should have thought of herself as Mary, right? So how would she know that the people looking for Julie were looking for her?

Was there a video of her published? I don't remember. Even if there was, shouldn't that have been like a "what the heck is going on?" moment for her? Even if the lithium cleared her memory of her father, the Purcell kidnapping would have been a big deal in the news, and she should have asked some questions. There needs to at least be an explanation for why she didn't reach out.

Reaction Score
Finally finished it and it was excellent. I hope there is another season.
I agree - I jumped in for the 3rd season, so now I'll definitly go back and watch Seasons 1 and 2 for the first time.

Reaction Score
Season 1 is the gold standard. Do yourself a favor, watch season 2 first lol. It wasn't bad unless you compare it to season 1.
is Season 2 a stand-alone like Season 3 was?

Reaction Score
I didn't mind season 2. Just finished season 3 over the weekend. LIked it - was solid. Think it was said above - the acting was fantastic but there were times the whole thing didn't come together for me. Sometimes I think when they get too cute with plot twists and timelines something gets lost.

Reaction Score
I didn't mind season 2. Just finished season 3 over the weekend. LIked it - was solid. Think it was said above - the acting was fantastic but there were times the whole thing didn't come together for me. Sometimes I think when they get too cute with plot twists and timelines something gets lost.

Yeah agree with this assessment overall. 1 was super hard to follow it up. 2 was ok, I enjoyed it but again tough to follow up #1. 3 made a real nice comeback no doubt, solid.

The standings are 1,3,2 thus far. But all worth watching.

Reaction Score
Finishing with Season 1 - thought the acting is phenomenal, but finding the story a little harder to follow than Season 3. I've had to rewind several times and watched portions of a couple of episodes more than once. Tonight I'm watching the finale, then I'll move onto Season 2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom