OT: - Trout to get $430mm from Angels | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Trout to get $430mm from Angels

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You have no idea what you’re talking about

Ah, grasshopper, but I do. And it's why I left "corporate" years ago to work with startups and my own businesses. Sure, it's a comfy living and "security", but unlike Robert Johnson, when you sell your soul, you don't even get to be a good guitar player. I have a bit of experience in M&A, albeit not multinationals and 20+ years with media conglomerates before I left for the startup world.

Enjoy padding your next rolling reforecast!

I'll leave you with this for some comic relief:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You get insurance on big contracts so that if the player gets injured (Prince Fielder, David Wright) and it affects their performance to the point where the contract has to be eaten, you're protected. You're not buying insurance AFTER the injury.

Point remains, golden parachutes are not like compensation in baseball. If anything, all you're buying is a corporate bureaucrat with little to no impact on either innovation or the bottom line. If these folks were truly any good they'd be entrepreneurs.

It’s similar in the market. People say it’s absurd and incredibly underrated what it takes to do the job or even get there.

And why would you not take a golden parachute when your peers in the market are getting it? It’s like saying trout shouldn’t take 12 years Just because. Why should either take less?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You get insurance on big contracts so that if the player gets injured (Prince Fielder, David Wright) and it affects their performance to the point where the contract has to be eaten, you're protected. You're not buying insurance AFTER the injury.

Point remains, golden parachutes are not like compensation in baseball. If anything, all you're buying is a corporate bureaucrat with little to no impact on either innovation or the bottom line. If these folks were truly any good they'd be entrepreneurs.

You’re insuring their ability to perform, not the performance itself though. I guess that’s where we’re not clicking here

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom