Trevon Duval to Duke | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Trevon Duval to Duke

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm a parent and few things are more annoying than parents crowing about their kids, whether sports or athletics. Little Jimmy made the 7th grade honor roll again! Look at how well Cindy's 6th grade softball team did in this tournament! Barf.

Now one friend's son had recruiting visits all over the Big XII for football and ended up signing with ND State. That was cool to see. And of course, just on the academic side, announcing that your kid will be going to XYZ University is fine.

Yeah, I've got no problem with 'this is what's going on in our lives' type of stuff. Even 'Jimmy's soccer team was State Champs 2017'! That's fine. It's exciting.

But 'Jimmy just got an A on his AP history term paper' is....yeah.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I never brag about my kids... but only because they aren't very impressive.

This would actually be comedic gold. If you kept a running commentary of your kids:

"Asked the kid to take out the trash this morning. Didn't do it. For like the 10th time in a row. What a bum."

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah, I've got no problem with 'this is what's going on in our lives' type of stuff. Even 'Jimmy's soccer team was State Champs 2017'! That's fine. It's exciting.

But 'Jimmy just got an A on his AP history term paper' is....yeah.
Don't be silly. AP History is an exam, not a term paper.

Reaction Score
Right, I agree that the bottom thing is fine. But the "look who got their license!" type posts are my issue. Congrats. 99% of the people I know have them too. Parents like to validate the importance they see in their child. Sometimes, I think it makes them look insufferable is all.

As annoying as that stuff can be its still better than the people that take pictures of their child in the bathtub or on the toilet potting training. Some people go way over the line.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
This would actually be comedic gold. If you kept a running commentary of your kids:

"Asked the kid to take out the trash this morning. Didn't do it. For like the 10th time in a row. What a bum."

"Son got his report card. All C's. I mean.... Could be worse, right? #ProudDad"

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Don't be silly. AP History is an exam, not a term paper.

Don't they still call the class 'AP US History' as well? That's what it was when I was coming up. AP Physics, etc.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
As annoying as that stuff can be its still better than the people that take pictures of their child in the bathtub or on the toilet potting training. Some people go way over the line.

Again, they are missing the opportunity for more comedic gold: "have a look at the dump Jr took this morning!! Can't teach that kinda volume".

Reaction Score

Some of my best social media posts poked fun of my kids that way. This includes my daughter's misspelling of "horses" with "hores" in a math problem (if 3 hores run away, how many hores remain). My post was something about being embarrassed that my 6 year old spelled "whore" wrong. Unfortunately, I had a few people ask why I was so hard on my kids, so I toned it down.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Don't they still call the class 'AP US History' as well? That's what it was when I was coming up. AP Physics, etc.
They apparently call it "A-PUSH" at our high school, or so I've been told. But yes, it was "AP US History" when I took it.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
They apparently call it "A-PUSH" at our high school, or so I've been told. But yes, it was "AP US History" when I took it.

It's like that at my school (teacher). Kids in that class (and any AP class) are currently miserable. Test is soon I believe.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
True. But a number of the more sane parents I know think it's ridiculous. Bear in mind, single folks are ridiculous with their 'happy and exciting life' posts as well. Contributes to my theory that humans suck.

Your point being: Facebook and other self-serving social media (mostly) sucks.

Reaction Score
True. But a number of the more sane parents I know think it's ridiculous. Bear in mind, single folks are ridiculous with their 'happy and exciting life' posts as well. Contributes to my theory that humans suck.
Aw crap. I thought I was totally awesome right up until I read this post.

Reaction Score
You guys should immerse yourself into Instagram, Snapchat, and social media culture. You'll want to off yourself within 2 minutes. Kids these days...

so so so true. I said the same in another thread a little while ago related to the current recruiting environment and the need to "baby kids".

Today's kids are so full of themselves its unbelievable. Not figuratively unbelievable. Its actually not believable.

Social media to the, is one big, "look at me and tell me how wonderful I am". And they all partake in it and if you look at the comments, that's all they do is tell each other how wonderful/ hott/ funny etc.

Its sad.

MrP

Reaction Score
It's like that at my school (teacher). Kids in that class (and any AP class) are currently miserable. Test is soon I believe.

AP US test was last week. There are lots of AP History courses (world history, euro history, etc), so schools use APUSH to specify.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Some of my best social media posts poked fun of my kids that way. This includes my daughter's misspelling of "horses" with "hores" in a math problem (if 3 hores run away, how many hores remain). My post was something about being embarrassed that my 6 year old spelled "whore" wrong. Unfortunately, I had a few people ask why I was so hard on my kids, so I toned it down.

Really? Screw them and their snowflake generation. That was pretty lighthearted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom