Tremont Waters | Page 52 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If I had a son who is an All-American and could play anywhere he wanted, I would want him to step into a starting role. He can be a Tyler Ulis clone, perhaps even better.

So why would I send him to UConn or any other school with multiple starting guards? Not to mention UConn is a dumpster fire right now so I would cross them off the list immediately.

I'd find a school with great shooters and offensive gameplan, both of which we don't have. And they have a hole at PG. If I can average 15ppg and 7 assists I'm gone after one year if it's at a P5 school. A better team helps with that. I don't wanna be passing the ball to Tyler Polley hoping he can improve his 25% 3PT percentage...

Except Ulis went to the school with the most talent in college basketball at every position, took a supporting role off the bench, earned a starting position in the following year or two and now plays in the NBA. It's pretty much the opposite of what Waters appears to be doing.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
As wrong as can be.

Look at the Pomeroy ratings. Tulsa got in with 60.
UConn was in the 20s.
UConn also had a much better resume.

AGAIN: Tulsa got in despite losing the first AAC tourney game.

It amazes me how many people choose to be dense and ignore facts to push their foolish narratives.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I think i told everyone on this forum a wee ago Tremont waters is GOING NO WHERE HE DOESNT START FROM DAY ONE!!! Im ready for my apologies fellas lol

Dude, just stop. First of all, typing in all caps doesn't get your point across any more clearly. It just makes you come off as a senior citizen trying out email for the first time. Second, no one disagrees that an All American PG doesn't want to come off the bench, especially one with a father as invested in his son's development as Tremont's is. Third, as others have said, if you don't have a source then all you're posting is conjecture. Even if you're right, which you probably are, saying the kid isn't going to come here isn't some sort of revelation. Literally any poster, in any recruitment, can say "hey guys, so and so isn't coming," because guess what... there's only 2 choices... UConn or somewhere else. Fourth, you're never going to get an apology from an online forum where you come in with absolutely nothing to offer other than negativity that you pass off as insider info that's actually nothing more than just your opinion. And if you want to not come off as a total tool, then provide some actual insight without passing it off as the Gospel. People generally value insight, conversation or differing opinions, even if it contradicts their own, but you're offering absolutely nothing of substance.

Reaction Score
Dude, just stop. First of all, typing in all caps doesn't get your point across any more clearly. It just makes you come off as a senior citizen trying out email for the first time. Second, no one disagrees that an All American PG doesn't want to come off the bench, especially one with a father as invested in his son's development as Tremont's is. Third, as others have said, if you don't have a source then all you're posting is conjecture. Even if you're right, which you probably are, saying the kid isn't going to come here isn't some sort of revelation. Literally any poster, in any recruitment, can say "hey guys, so and so isn't coming," because guess what... there's only 2 choices... UConn or somewhere else. Fourth, you're never going to get an apology from an online forum where you come in with absolutely nothing to offer other than negativity that you pass off as insider info that's actually nothing more than just your opinion. And if you want to not come off as a total tool, then provide some actual insight without passing it off as the Gospel. People generally value insight, conversation or differing opinions, even if it contradicts their own, but you're offering absolutely nothing of substance.

I told you already I am the source my guy

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Except Ulis went to the school with the most talent in college basketball at every position, took a supporting role off the bench, earned a starting position in the following year or two and now plays in the NBA. It's pretty much the opposite of what Waters appears to be doing.
6th man minutes. Surrounded himself with talent. He got 24 minutes a game freshman year and showcased his passing ability. Not really a difference to me. We can't promise him 20 minutes a game depending on how well Adams, Vital, the grad transfer, and Gilbert play.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I told you already I am the source my guy
If you're your own source then it's opinion/conjecture... My word you're dense. I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to understand.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Mic drop.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
If you're your own source then it's opinion/conjecture... My word you're dense. I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to understand.

Its not an opinion when I have the phone number of the kid/(s) we are talking about now is it?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
lmao ok man you can be mad but its the truth , NC State pays Kids, Washington pays Kids, Western Kentucky is PAYING KIDS and the list goes on

I'm not saying I have a source, but I do ref on the AAU circuit. The story I heard regarding Heron makes me wonder who doesn't pay.

Reaction Score
Its not an opinion when I have the phone number of the kid/(s) we are talking about now is it?

I should just stay out of this but I've never been one for taking my own advice...

The problem (and point you seems to be missing) is you're just an anonymous dude on an internet message board - just like the rest of us. Any of us could say the same things you're saying and then double down by making a statement like the one I just quoted. I mean, hell any of us could be anyone. For that matter, I could be a source! Yeah, that's right. And I'll say that I have phone numbers. You can't prove that I'm not and I don't. I mean, maybe I'm one of those "reporters" that cover UConn and recruiting. Maybe these kids call ME to tell me what they're going to do... You just don't know that I'm not.

If you've got sources (or are the source, as you claim to be), you'd be better served by being less of a canoe, er I mean less combative... no, canoe might have been spot on. Point being, you're coming off like an argumentative jerk instead of someone who possibly has legit "inside" information.

I'll show myself out now.

Reaction Score
It just makes you a homer. Fact is, you care more about Tremont than we do and what you call genius, I call stupidity.

pj

Reaction Score
6th man minutes. Surrounded himself with talent. He got 24 minutes a game freshman year and showcased his passing ability. Not really a difference to me. We can't promise him 20 minutes a game depending on how well Adams, Vital, the grad transfer, and Gilbert play.

Come on. If he's one of the best point guards in the class as you say, Waters would get at least 24 minutes per game at UConn. The minutes are there to replicate the Tyler Ulis path.

Also, Creighton's, Georgetown's, and Western Kentucky's chances of making the NCAA tourney next year are not significantly different than UConn's.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Can we just end this Waters thread? (I know, I'm adding to it.....). The kid doesn't want to go somewhere where he'll have to compete for his spot. That's completely understandable. Why go somewhere when you're not confident in your ability to win the job? Take the path of least resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom