Tre Mitchell official visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

3E004C69-199E-4A56-8F8F-4A0575E551A0.png

C

Chief00

See all above posts on our first two commitments. Stain you are looking silly.

C

Chief00

Uh D'D'Oh?!?!?!?!?! Chief making a Tre Mitchell prediction, and proving to all the casual fans that he is connected?

What a power move.

These posts are a response to Stain’s comment that Chief did not call the first two commitments. Nothing to do with Mitchell.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You either make vague claims that don’t pertain to the specific predictions you say you made after the fact, or you regurgitate what other posters and journalists have already told us. Perhaps you should take a cue from them and ease up on the constant demand for validation. Your constant search for participation trophies sends a bad message to the younger generation.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We were the clear leaders for Bouknight and Gaffney at the time of their visits. Not the case here; in fact, we were clearly not the leader going into the visit (ND). Big difference.

It is encouraging that he hasn't committed to ND yet, though. My feeling is that we feel really good about Akok, and will push for a commitment on the visit this weekend or a couple days after. We'll then try to wrap up one of Wahab, Mitchell or Cockburn. Cockburn still seems to remain the first choice but hasn't been willing to pull the trigger yet or even schedule a visit (although we're apparently pushing for a visit later this month), so we stepped up the pursuit of Wahab and Mitchell to not only put the pressure on Cockburn, but as backup plans in case Cockburn shuns us for one of the big guns. Ultimately, we'll probably take the first of the three to commit...one in the hand better than two in the bush.
It is encouraging that he hasn't committed to ND yet, though. My feeling is that we feel really good about Akok, and will push for a commitment on the visit this weekend or a couple days after. We'll then try to wrap up one of Wahab, Mitchell or Cockburn. Cockburn still seems to remain the first choice but hasn't been willing to pull the trigger yet or even schedule a visit (although we're apparently pushing for a visit later this month), so we stepped up the pursuit of Wahab and Mitchell to not only put the pressure on Cockburn, but as backup plans in case Cockburn shuns us for one of the big guns. Ultimately, we'll probably take the first of the three to commit...one in the hand better than two in the bush.

This.[/QUOTE]
Elegant design.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Chief I have to say this. We now know KO wasn't the greatest of coaches and fell short of expectations. But I have no doubt at all they taught Steve Enoch how and when to hedge, when to help and everything else. 2 years later he was dreadful on D (and couldn't finish on O). I hope the year off taught him something about hard work because between himself and KO he learned nothing, and to add more I guess none of his HS or prep coaches bothered either? I mean sometimes kids just don't get it, there's a better chance he doesn't get a lot better than he does. Hope he does ok but let's be honest he didn't work too hard to make himself better either. Change sometimes is a good thing hopefully for his sake it is because it was a rather unimpressive 2 years at UConn for a kid full of potential.
This. We were not dealing with a kid who hadn't learned the subtleties of how college coaches wanted them to play D. We were dealing with a kid who would have been yelled at by his teammates in a pickup game where nobody was playing real D for not playing enough D.

I have nothing against the young man. I'd love to see him succeed. But let's not pretend the primary reason he sucked while here was because the coaches were incapable of instructing anyone to even a minimal level.
I watched three complete games while Steve was in prep and what we saw at UConn was how he played in those games. He was poorly motivated when it came to defense. In one game he was yanked quickly and sat out for the remainder of the half because of poor defense.

Some players can be motivated with a new coach/coaching style. Others can’t.

We watched year after year Thabeet rebounding a ball bring it down to his waist and get stripped. That was under a hall of fame coach. Carleton rarely does this. What does that imply. Nothing other than when we are upset with someone we point out all their failures and dismiss their accomplishments. We do the opposite when we like someone.

Reaction Score
We were the clear leaders for Bouknight and Gaffney at the time of their visits. Not the case here; in fact, we were clearly not the leader going into the visit (ND). Big difference.

I would be thrilled with a class of Gaffney, Bouknight, Akok, and Wahab(I think Mitchell goes to ND and I am not very confident on Cockburn). Add Achiuwa to that group and I will personally build the Dan Hurley statue outside of Gampel!

Reaction Score
I watched three complete games while Steve was in prep and what we saw at UConn was how he played in those games. He was poorly motivated when it came to defense. In one game he was yanked quickly and sat out for the remainder of the half because of poor defense.

We watched year after year Thabeet rebounding a ball bring it down to his waist and get stripped. That was under a hall of fame coach. Carleton rarely does this. What does that imply. Nothing other than when we are upset with someone we point out all their failures and dismiss their accomplishments. We do the opposite when we like someone.
My friend is Karl Hobbs nephew. He said Hobbs told him Enoch just couldn’t the defensive concepts. The staff worked hard with him but he couldn’t catch on.

C

Chief00

You either make vague claims that don’t pertain to the specific predictions you say you made after the fact, or you regurgitate what other posters and journalists have already told us. Perhaps you should take a cue from them and ease up on the constant demand for validation. Your constant search for participation trophies sends a bad message to the younger generation.

The board lived through the Dam break thread so as Shakespeare would say - you protest too much. If you can’t comprehend better I don’t know what I can do for you? You aren’t fooling all but a few loyalist who sit around in a small circle liking each other’s posts with you. Like somehow that means something. For most posters information was effectively communicated and most had some fun. You have been, quite frankly sour throughout. I can’t post blank said he’s coming to UConn. Most people seem to get it, regretfully you probably never will. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I can’t post blank said he’s coming to UConn

Yet, you can point blank say Akok Akok “is Dan Hurley’s power forward”?

Last I checked, Dan Hurley coaches UConn MBB. Therefore, “Akok Akok is Dan Hurley’s power forward” = “Akok Akok is UConn MBB’s power forward”. To be UConn MBB’s power forward, Akok Akok must be “coming to UConn”

Bracing for some vague, runaround reply to which I won’t bother to respond. But your lack of consistency is readily apparent in every thread in which you post.

C

Chief00

Steve will settle our disagreement on the court. He will be an overall solid player. He most likely will start in the ACC.

C

Chief00

Yet, you can point blank say Akok Akok “is Dan Hurley’s power forward”?

Last I checked, Dan Hurley coaches UConn MBB. Therefore, “Akok Akok is Dan Hurley’s power forward” = “Akok Akok is UConn MBB’s power forward”. To be UConn MBB’s power forward, Akok Akok must be “coming to UConn”

Bracing for some vague, runaround reply to which I won’t bother to respond. But your lack of consistency is readily apparent in every thread in which you post.

That comment of mine doesn’t quote Dan Hurley - but you got the message. It was a simple statement. Why fight it? Not so hard, see how it works.
If Akok goes to UConn - I will be right - if not I am wrong. Pretty simple except for to Stain.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The board lived through the Dam break thread so as Shakespeare would say - you protest too much. If you can’t comprehend better I don’t know what I can do for you? You aren’t fooling all but a few loyalist who sit around in a small circle liking each other’s posts with you. Like somehow that means something. For most posters information was effectively communicated and most had some fun. You have been, quite frankly sour throughout. I can’t post blank said he’s coming to UConn. Most people seem to get it, regretfully you probably never will. Oh well.

You have a very bizarre habit of tying people’s comprehension and “getting it” to the practice of giving you compliments. On the other hand, people who question you are lacking in knowledge, “lightweights,” or biased against you because of your politics. I wonder what’s going on there?

#CasualObserverOfHumanBehavior

C

Chief00

You have a very bizarre habit of tying people’s comprehension and “getting it” to the practice of giving you compliments. On the other hand, people who question you are lacking in knowledge, “lightweights,” or biased against you because of your politics. I wonder what’s going on there?

#CasualObserverOfHumanBehavior

Last comment to you, I really think you’re lost. I hope things improve for you.
Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom